Random pics of plants

Jackalope

Some may know me and a few of these plants as they come along. I wanted to dedicate a thread just to pictures of the strains I am growing. Most are on the open market. I'm in week 5 flower and things are really starting to look good. I am also try to improve my photography which isthe reason for this thread. Over the next few weeks the buds are going to be looking better and better. If my pictures of them do is still to be decided LMAO. I am happy with what I am getting so far. There is still lots of room for improvement. All photos are straight off the camera with now photo program use at all.

We will start with a strain from Grimm Brothers called Genius. It is a S-1 strain of the plant that Apollo 13 made from. It is Cinderella 99's sister so no need to say more. Great trichome coverage so far and it is just beginning.

Interesting. Thanks that is the kind of input I was wanting. I deleted all the lower angled pictures LOL. They didn't look right to me. It seemed the ones I liked the most had some kind of downward angle. I also realized that the use of a photo program can help a lot. I paid for Photoshop Pro so I might as well use it. At least some of it anyway. Without the use of Microscope camera the crop tool is my only way to show trichomes.

Interesting. Thanks that is the kind of input I was wanting. I deleted all the lower angled pictures LOL. They didn't look right to me. It seemed the ones I liked the most had some kind of downward angle. I also realized that the use of a photo program can help a lot. I paid for Photoshop Pro so I might as well use it. At least some of it anyway. Without the use of Microscope camera the crop tool is my only way to show trichomes.
I am glad you understand my intention :hug:
Thank you.
There is an angle which is "just right".
Somewhere between your angle and "front face of" plant.
It also has to do with the plants best angle and your emotion.
Your "love for the plant" can be captured in a photo too.

That's the part I have trouble with. Taking a picture is one thing. Taking a picture that display my love for the plant is the part I am having trouble with. I have seen way to many pictures over the years. Finding that right angle is key but all my plants are growing different so all those angles change LMAO.

I have also decided to let Photoshop do a auto fix on the pictures. If I try and clean them up a little I screw it up. Plus the crop tool can make pretty good closeups. I paid over a 100 bucks for it I might as well use part of it at least.

Here is a R.K.S. bud that has been cropped and fixed.

That is a beautiful shot :thumb:
I can try to explain how I mean.
It is about looking at your plant like you have fallen in love with it.
Looking at it, with those eyes. Turning the pot or you moving to the other side of it...
Open your heart, don't think technicalities, just feel.
Then do your thing..

There are so many types of people. What seems simple to you is beyond me LMAO. I can express a lot in other ways. I am not artistic in anyway at all though. I can make a BBQ sauce in my mind and it will work. Try and take a simple picture that expresses what I see in a plant is so much different. I can see it in my mind I just can't get it to come out in a picture.

AngryBird is telling me to open my heart. Thats funny shit LMAO. That is where art is found, inside a person. If artistic abilities are not there they can't be taught.

I can technically do things. It is the ability to take it to the next level that escapes me. That is artistic. I will never be artistic so I have to find ways around that.

Wow I wish I could get my pics to turn out like that. Congrats bro, this is going to make your journal that much better. Your Genius is looking amazing can't wait to see how she looks at harvest. Keep it up bro!
:bravo:

I don't have an artistic touch with pics either. Mine look good to me......then I post them and God they look like a 2yr old took them. You may not be a professional photographer but your pics are bounds and leaps ahead of mine lol.

This is a good a place to show the amazing things you can see with a cropping tool.
The difference in the trichome coverage is amazing between the R.K.S. and the Genius. First off we have the R.K.S. before and after cropping.

There is one hell of a difference in coverage on the Genius. Must be why this one is so famous LOL.

One thing I am happy about is I can crop pictures this small and still have some clarity. With pictures like this you don't need artistic ability. I may never be able to photograph a whole plant very well. Bud pics and close ups are all about focus so thats a different story. I can't do this without the timer. I even have to walk across the room as the floor shifts around causing vibrations which make pics blurry.

Today we have Headband. This is a keeper pheno with a great sour smell. I really did this backwards as the newer plants are not as resinous as the Purps x Tahoe. It could be nothing beats that one LOL. Still it is not how big or how many there are it is all about what is inside. I have seen strains with tiny little white ones that look like dust that will blow your mind. Still it is great to see masses of trichomes. Ok enough bullshit and lets get to the pictures.

I took a lot of different angles of the whole plant. This is my favorite but it could be better. I think you need manual focus for a picture like this to do well.
I do think it is better than before so I posted it. Now for what I am better at. Buds and trichomes. All these are from the same bud.

Nothing to bitch about at all. It is still early as this can go up to 70 days so lots of time to make more. As we get more and more close up pictures of trichomes. I am going to get a interesting mix of them. Close up so you can really see the differences. Short ones tall ones fat ones I will have them all in time. I need to get a few of the Chocoloco. They look crazy all twisted together. So many of them you would swear it had more THC than it really does. over time we will even include some colored up ones. Could be this year some of the Headbands I have grown turn purple late in flower. my temps are different now so who knows. Color means shit anyway.

Yeah I am pretty happy so far. At least I have one tent that has pretty plants to take pictures of LOL. The big tent got behind on feeding. That has to be it as I fed the smaller tent the same thing and they are all fine. They just got the food before they showed any deficiencies. The large tent gave me for warning lol.
Later today I will be adding Menthol Purps just to show the other plant wasn't a fluke. It is the sister to the other Purps x Tahoe with a mint and pine smell. If the smell equates to taste then this will be Menthol. With the plants being so resinous I am pretty sure the terpene profile should be high also which will help with flavor. We Will See as the saying goes.

Back
Top Bottom