Rant on Doctors

StoneyStoned

Howdy, :roorrip:
I am completely frustrated with doctors. Ever since tearing my medial miniscus in my left knee 15 years ago, I have been dealing with the side effects. The initial injury occured playing baseball, sliding into second base on a double play grounder. Instead of taking out the second baseman and protecting the hitter, I came down directly on the base in the figure 4 slide position. POP!
2 attempts to "repair" the torn cartiledge failed. The 3rd and final surgery removed 90% of the miniscus, and I was back walking in a week. Did I mention the 4 months of physical therapy after each of the first 2 operations, and the 6 weeks more after the last? In total I spend almost a full year w/o bending my knee. This lead to atrophe of the left knee muscle, which has NEVER recovered fully. Now I work a service job, that requires me to deliver multiple cases of paper that weigh up to 65lbs a piece. I have never been able to lift with my legs, because of the weakness and pain in the left knee.
So now after 10 years of this job, my back has gotten really bad. Also, I am in a bowling league, and I can really only bowl 2 games out of the 3 before my knee and back are done. I took my son to a toy train show 2 weeks ago, and after holding him up for 5 minutes to see the trains, my back locked up so tight I could hardly walk. He's only 2.
I went to the doctor again last Friday, and as predicted he prescribed muscle relaxers and spasm medicine. He also told me "You're too young for a knee replacement." I am in my early 30s. He also again referred me to physical therapy - for the 5th freakin time since the initial injury. So I go the the physical therapy today, and they inform me that I have a $500 deductable that will reset at the end of December. Since I hate doctors, I have not gone to get help with this for 5 years, so I have not paid a dime toward that deductible. So if I want treatment (which I think is a waste of time and money) I have to pay $1000 over the next 2 months, or wait until January 1 and "only" pay $500.
Dang it! I have already spent countless hours and money trying to strengthen that left knee muscle. But no matter how hard I have tried, it just will not ever get to the point where there is no lifting pain. Also, these dang pills knock me out and make me listless, and groggy. I have 2 little boys, and I just cannot take pills and then go to sleep, so I have not been taking the pills. My back is full of knots that are along the spinal cord every day after work, and the only way I don't have pain is to just lay down and find a comfortable position. Laying around is driving me crazy!!
I so wish I could get a medical card! Two years ago at the suggestion of someone close to me, I smoked a bit of marijuana. Not only did it make the pain completely tolerable, it actually makes me feel energized because the pain throughout my body is so much better. I can lift and play with the boys, I can bowl 3 games w/o uncontrollable pain and w/o a knee brace.
Unfortunately I don't know anyone within 250 miles that can supply me, so I go for weeks at a time waiting for what really helps me. Also, pot goes gor 150 a haffy where I can get it, and that is really more that I can afford anyway. The card is really the only way I am going to be able to find someone to supply me.
So, my final question is - At 31 years old, would I even qualify for a card? I live in WA state, so medical MJ is available and the only feasible way for me to get what I need at this point.
I'd appreciate any thoughts or help!
Stoney :peace:

I'm no doctor but i would say your medical history would qualify you to be recommended for MMJ, i would advise you to seek doctors in your area via the internet. Best of luck man.

Dam dude, I can feel your pain. I am a 40 year old Ironworker/welder who has had back surgerys and knee surgerys. The last doc I went to said I have worked my body to death , then he handed me an asss load of those lorytabs and oxys scrips (im in KY now and these peaple are bad on there pills and every doctor thinks thats the fix) , when I got home I had to take so dam many I could not function. So get this, I call doc, I have already told him that the only relieve I get is when I smoke my herb, He tells me to throw the pills out and stay the "pothead" that I am and don't bother comming back !!!! MANNNNN , what the hell, if you are in a state that does the med card , jump on it dude, you will pass for it. I am trying too find a state or country, thinking about, and probably will hit, amsterdam for my finall resting home. Good luck on this and there are a whole lot of good peeps here with good info. LETS SMOKE....ITS FRIDAY MAN, HERE,THIS ONE ON ME.......:passitleft:

Howdy, :roorrip:
I am completely frustrated with doctors. Ever since tearing my medial miniscus in my left knee 15 years ago, I have been dealing with the side effects. The initial injury occured playing baseball, sliding into second base on a double play grounder. Instead of taking out the second baseman and protecting the hitter, I came down directly on the base in the figure 4 slide position. POP!
2 attempts to "repair" the torn cartiledge failed. The 3rd and final surgery removed 90% of the miniscus, and I was back walking in a week. Did I mention the 4 months of physical therapy after each of the first 2 operations, and the 6 weeks more after the last? In total I spend almost a full year w/o bending my knee. This lead to atrophe of the left knee muscle, which has NEVER recovered fully. Now I work a service job, that requires me to deliver multiple cases of paper that weigh up to 65lbs a piece. I have never been able to lift with my legs, because of the weakness and pain in the left knee.
So now after 10 years of this job, my back has gotten really bad. Also, I am in a bowling league, and I can really only bowl 2 games out of the 3 before my knee and back are done. I took my son to a toy train show 2 weeks ago, and after holding him up for 5 minutes to see the trains, my back locked up so tight I could hardly walk. He's only 2.
I went to the doctor again last Friday, and as predicted he prescribed muscle relaxers and spasm medicine. He also told me "You're too young for a knee replacement." I am in my early 30s. He also again referred me to physical therapy - for the 5th freakin time since the initial injury. So I go the the physical therapy today, and they inform me that I have a $500 deductable that will reset at the end of December. Since I hate doctors, I have not gone to get help with this for 5 years, so I have not paid a dime toward that deductible. So if I want treatment (which I think is a waste of time and money) I have to pay $1000 over the next 2 months, or wait until January 1 and "only" pay $500.
Dang it! I have already spent countless hours and money trying to strengthen that left knee muscle. But no matter how hard I have tried, it just will not ever get to the point where there is no lifting pain. Also, these dang pills knock me out and make me listless, and groggy. I have 2 little boys, and I just cannot take pills and then go to sleep, so I have not been taking the pills. My back is full of knots that are along the spinal cord every day after work, and the only way I don't have pain is to just lay down and find a comfortable position. Laying around is driving me crazy!!
I so wish I could get a medical card! Two years ago at the suggestion of someone close to me, I smoked a bit of marijuana. Not only did it make the pain completely tolerable, it actually makes me feel energized because the pain throughout my body is so much better. I can lift and play with the boys, I can bowl 3 games w/o uncontrollable pain and w/o a knee brace.
Unfortunately I don't know anyone within 250 miles that can supply me, so I go for weeks at a time waiting for what really helps me. Also, pot goes gor 150 a haffy where I can get it, and that is really more that I can afford anyway. The card is really the only way I am going to be able to find someone to supply me.
So, my final question is - At 31 years old, would I even qualify for a card? I live in WA state, so medical MJ is available and the only feasible way for me to get what I need at this point.
I'd appreciate any thoughts or help!
Stoney :peace:

I find it sad that doctors prescribe opiates like they're going out of style.... yet smoking something that grows in the ground is considered dangerous. Jeez.....

Nearly all doctors are on the payroll of one or more major drug companies.
Many are nothing more than paid drug peddlers for Merk, Phizer, ect.
These doctors are not interested in healing or curing their patients, but rather making them just well enough to keep coming back and paying out the nose.

I also have chronic back pain that limits my mobility from a car wreck about 4 years ago. I was prescribed pain killers and muscle relaxers and of course p.t.
Lucky for me, the pharmacist caught that the 2 'script I got should not be taken together!

I would really recommend you pursue getting your medical card. Take your records with you, even though some do not ask for it. But most of all, just be honest. Remember, you are seeing a compassionate doctor who can help you.

But...visiting a cannabis club isn't cheap. It's standard where I go I pay up to 450 oz.. You can find less expensive, but in the long run it's not really a deal.

On the flipside...the bud is well manicured, and the best I have ever had. And the availablility for other cannabis products is outstanding. Make sure to try some edibles.

Best wishes:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom