Rapid Routers - Enlighten me please

The Germinator

First I am first time hydro grower. I have never had problems germinating in soil.
When I got these rapid routers I followed the instructions that came with them. Which said soaking of course but also letting them set in 1/4 inch water. Then I found the article on this site that says squeeze excess out ECT. I drained the water. They are now not in water. It's day three . No roots or seedling yet. Prob too soon. Worried the one day in water ruined them. I know everyone has their own way. I have read so much contradictive info. I will re read all the Info on this site about rapid routers. Any advice is appreciated . Some say humidity dome,sone say never use one. Confusing ty guys...

Lots of people swear by rapid rooters but i have never used them in my hydro grows. I germinate in paper towels and then right into hydroton when they get 1/4in tails. Top feed until i have roots touching the rez and away they go. I am 8 for 8 this way.
I do use a humidity dome (well, a clear plastic cup with a few vent holes) for about the first week or so.

Lots of people swear by rapid rooters but i have never used them in my hydro grows. I germinate in paper towels and then right into hydroton when they get 1/4in tails. Top feed until i have roots touching the rez and away they go. I am 8 for 8 this way.
I do use a humidity dome (well, a clear plastic cup with a few vent holes) for about the first week or so.

What is the water level in your basket? Half inch? How high above water do you put the seed? Do you fill the whole basket up with hydroton?

I use the bucket top net pots that are 6inx6in for pot size. I put about 4in of hydroton in, dust with some mycos and rooting accelerator, lay the seedling in tail down and cover with a few pebbles. I set my top feed pump to run for 15 mins on every few hours. When it pokes its head out, i add more hydroton and repeat til the basket is full. I keep the water level almost touching the bottom of the netpot. When i see first roots i take out the drip pump and as they grow i drop the water level until i have a 2 or 3 inch air gap.
Like i said, this is what works for me. Some folks love rapid rooters, some like rockwool. But when i started i was trying to keep costs at a minimum and it worked so well i never bothered to get any.

Well. Today is day six after putting seeds in rapid rooters. Both are now small plants. :) I put them in hydroton . I am trying to figure out how to start a journal

Well. Today is day six after putting seeds in rapid rooters. Both are now small plants. :) I put them in hydroton . I am trying to figure out how to start a journal

My current three were germinated in Rapid Rooters also, and it took them a few days to pop. But they pretty much took off from there. Be patient, the plant is building its root mass first, then it will explode with plant growth.

Back
Top Bottom