Recirculating Nutrient Schedule

In Kelowna, BC last August. 500g jar of Big Bud for $75. They were all out of Rhino Skin but I picked up some back here in Alberta. I expect to grow 15lbs or so with that so it's not that expensive. Power will cost 5X that much at least. Almost $90/mth to run my 1000W 12 hours a day.

Sitting here trimming up what I figure will be 2lbs and getting damn tired of that. At least the fresh scissor hash takes the edge off. :)

:peace:

Here is a little update during the transition week.
Roots are finally coming out strong.

bfc22efe225b31b56933191a736c223f.jpg
e4cd504962ba348513f4340ae1863b36.jpg
99e45b6d8b46d150955933624c8c7ed5.jpg

Sorry, but I've gotta say the plant in the first photo does not look at all healthy. I am not a plant pathologist at all, but the stem looks so purple that it makes me think of a deficiency (Ca/Mg?), and those leaves are looking deficient as well (nitrogen chlorosis?). The plant overall is small and spindly.

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but unless you want to just see how the story ends, regardless of results (and there's nothing wrong with that, of course), I think those pups are just so small and sick that it might be time to give up on them and start over. Sorry.

bfc22efe225b31b56933191a736c223f.jpg

Yup. That's exactly what I tried telling the GF but she thinks we can save them. I'm going to show her this post. Thanks

Would you recommend me bringing the 3 plants I am growing outside in and putting then into flower in the rdwc? Or do you think it would shock them too much transplanting them?

Plants that are well established in soil going to DWC? I guess it could be done, but there would definitely be some major adaptation that would have to occur! Last time I saw them, they looked good where they were. Why not leave them?

Plants that are well established in soil going to DWC? I guess it could be done, but there would definitely be some major adaptation that would have to occur! Last time I saw them, they looked good where they were. Why not leave them?

Yeah, probably will. I think they may go into shock if I try.
I'll just get new seeds/or clones.
Lesson learned and next time will be a lot better when starting right away in dwc rather than soil

Thanks again

Decided to take everything DWC out of the tent and put the plants in soil into the tent for now to switch them over to flower. Going to leave them both outside for a few more days or a week then get them into the tent.

Transplanted the biggest plant into a better planter cause it was in a wooden planter box.
I don't think she really liked me doing that cause now she is looking sad. I sure hope she bounces back, gave her some new fresh soil and nutrients.
Fingers crossed.

(Photo taken 1 hour after transplant)
8e4d3fe0c2f6b718823917582b2eb58f.jpg

Here is the before
c2282772c325c0d5d1d49f26a7e9b530.jpg

Try putting her in the shade until she recovers. To much light will make her wilt.

thanks. she bounced back and is looking good.
I decided to transplant it again into some fabric pots and some coco/perlite mix and is looking really good

I plan on adding a drip ring system to each plant and was wondering if the 250gph pump I have will be too much pressure for two drip rings? (with 1/2" tubing)

I plan on adding a drip ring system to each plant and was wondering if the 250gph pump I have will be too much pressure for two drip rings? (with 1/2" tubing)

A tiny little aquarium pump with 1/4" tubing would be adequate for a drip system for a couple of plants.

Glad she bounced back.

A tiny little aquarium pump with 1/4" tubing would be adequate for a drip system for a couple of plants.

Glad she bounced back.

yeah, I think i'll grab a small pump off amazon, the 250 was what I was using in the rdwc.

thanks

i just looked at the one I have and it's a submersible/ inline pump. i was using it as an inline but I did just look in the box and there is a flow control.

I think I might be able to get it to work. guess we will see how it works.

does anyone have a watering schedule they like to follow when using a drip system in coco? eg. water twice a day for 2 hours or something?

plants are still in veg but will be transitioning either tomorrow or Friday

does anyone have a watering schedule they like to follow when using a drip system in coco? eg. water twice a day for 2 hours or something?
Just for reference, for my first coco grow I'm hand watering one liter of 500 PPM nutes to my Dwarf Low Flyer in 2 gallon air pot every morning, which gives me about 200 ml of runoff at about 310 PPM.

The advice I'm getting is that most people water/feed an established coco plant at least once a day to get the full benefits of using coco (i.e. don't let it dry out like with soil because wet coco retains lots of air so doesn't suffocate the plant), and that if/when the pot fills up with roots, water two or even three times a day.

I think getting the nutrient level right is the critical thing, so the plant is getting enough nutrients without getting overloaded.

If you're interested, I'm tracking my pursuit of the best coco feeding process in my grow log, "Growing a dwarf on my deck in coco coir and a homemade air pot".

Back
Top Bottom