Res change out schedule

Swampass

Howdy gang! How often do you DWC guys change your reservoirs out? I have been changing out nutrient solution every Saturday. Is that too often? I see some growers do it every two weeks. Granted Im only growing one plant dwc and its in a 5 gallon bucket. When doing my change out the bucket is really clean. I used voodoo and piranha in the beginning. The root mass has taken up the entire bucket so Im not sure if I should even keep taking the plants out every weekend to clean the bucket. At some point Im sure Ill have to drain the bucket through the drain hole and not remove the plant. I do have to add 2 gallons of water a week to keep the reservoir topped off. I add 1/3 nutes when topping off to keep the ppm's steady. My nutrient regimen is AN's sensi bloom, big bud,budcandy and b52 @ half strength. PPm's are usually between 600 and 700.
Thanks guys!!!

if you have time I posted a similar question about 1.5 months ago here is the thread.

Question about changing out the res

In short I know people who never change the nutes the whole time. I know people who change every week. The magic I think is finding that best way to minimize res changes without hampering your product. That may take some experimentation.

Back
Top Bottom