Resin

PermaFried

Ok, so i ran outta weed and was takin resin hits off my pipe( Blowed:smokin:) My question is do you have to give ur self more of a flush with resin as opposed to herb? Or do both absorb at about the same rate? I was kinda thinkin that resin would be more concentrated and thus drasticaly raising the THC in ur body, again opposed to buds. :bong: When you light the fire, the wheels start turning:peace:

Im not a resin expert...I dont smoke it, and havent researched whats in it. There might be a little Cannabinoids left over, maybe thats why you get so tired after smoking it. Like I said...Its better to just not smoke resin.

With respect, I find that there are plenty of psychoactive ingredients in the resin in my pipe. It sure doesn't taste good like fresh product, and depending on what it came from it may vary as to the affects. I've found that in a pinch (not all of us have direct and immediate access to Cannabis), when the nausea or pain is starting to limit my activities, one hit of resin from one-hit Cannabis is a potent form of medication. You're not smoking anything that you haven't already smoked, you're just being more efficient at using all of the goodness.

As an example, the stuff in the chamber and stem of my pipe right now is like a dark red goo. It fizzles and vaporizes readily, produces thick smoke, can make me cough, provides a less immediate but longer-lasting affect then the original material. It also makes me smile and laugh, soothes my ills, and gives me more of a body buzz. It doesn't give me a headache. When compared to the stuff it came from, I would say that the results of smoking one hit of the resin is overall as strong or stronger.

If you're trying to flush the Cannabinoids from your body for a drug test, do not assume that smoking resin will help keep you in the clear.

With respect, I find that there are plenty of psychoactive ingredients in the resin in my pipe. It sure doesn't taste good like fresh product, and depending on what it came from it may vary as to the affects. I've found that in a pinch (not all of us have direct and immediate access to Cannabis), when the nausea or pain is starting to limit my activities, one hit of resin from one-hit Cannabis is a potent form of medication. You're not smoking anything that you haven't already smoked, you're just being more efficient at using all of the goodness.

As an example, the stuff in the chamber and stem of my pipe right now is like a dark red goo. It fizzles and vaporizes readily, produces thick smoke, can make me cough, provides a less immediate but longer-lasting affect then the original material. It also makes me smile and laugh, soothes my ills, and gives me more of a body buzz. It doesn't give me a headache. When compared to the stuff it came from, I would say that the results of smoking one hit of the resin is overall as strong or stronger.

If you're trying to flush the Cannabinoids from your body for a drug test, do not assume that smoking resin will help keep you in the clear.

Well said Freak, I feel the same way.

I wasn't trying to imply that smoking resin will be an easy out for a test, i was just wondering about the markers they test for..........does smoking resin increase the ng/ml reading? or is it the same with all forms of cannabis?

That's a good question, and one for DaMagoMan when he gets his gas chromatograph running in his dream lab. :)

But for today and now...the things that get you "high" are what will be tested, and there are those compounds in resin from your Cannabis pipe. The stronger the "high", you can pretty much assume that the markers they test for will be present in greater quantities.

Thank you FN, a real straight-forward answer/opinion. I hate to smoke resin but some times you gotta get a head on in a hurry. And the shit dont just grow in the local head shop around here (not that ive found anyway)so you gotta "recycle" sometimes........

DaMagoMan- The hottest ive ever seen a bic was 230F on one of those little vent thermos, Just thought you might care, but the Vap points would be a very interesting read

I found this re. that:

Some Chemical Constituents of Cannabis and their Vaporization Temperatures*
Compound..................Boiling Point
.......................................Degrees Centigrade ......Degrees Fahrenheit
Tetrahydrocannabinols .......155-157 ......................311-314.6
Cannabinols .....................185 .............................365
Cannabidiols ....................187-190 .......................368.6-374.0

*Merck Index Eighth Edition 1968

Addendum: the latest edition of the Merck Index 1989 lists the boiling point of delta 1,9 Tetrahydrocannabinol as 200 degrees centigrade. (392 F)

I found various references for the temperature of a butane flame, and found one scientist that had measured it at 1300 defrees F.

On the internet. Sometimes I'll make stuff up and post it on a web site so I can go back and grab it and use it as a reference like this. The internet is awesome that way.

just kidding about that ^^

I found various references for the temperature of a butane flame, and found one scientist that had measured it at 1300 defrees F.
I bet thats from a handheld torch like Raido shack sells.
Or the big ones from the building/plumbing stores.

Pretty work BubaFreak,
I had a feelin' some stuff just got hot and melts through.

Recon' I'll be saving stuff for distillin' later :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think the guy said it was a Bic lighter @ 1300 F. I saw other data putting the temperature of a butane flame @ both 1700 F and 1700 C. Hey...it's the internet.

True that. Someone have a metal probe type thermometer that can handle high temps??

when i run out of weed sometimes i will scrape the bowl of my pipe for some resin,whoever said that theres no THC in resin ill tell you theres definatly enough to get you high...a good high

:clap::rollit:

Back
Top Bottom