Resin - Can you smoke it?

I don't have any facts but I vote in favor of "it works".

I don't like doing it though and as I'm a little older now, it's been a long time since I have.

One time I decided to resinate some good bud inside a smoking chamber for about a week of heavy use (among friends as well). When I finally smoked some of that bud (which, by the way, was fairly nasty and therefore disappointing), it was just too much...the one and only time I'll ever say that about getting high. It's a story I don't even want to talk about.

But maybe there's a compromise in there...resinate a small amount of bud that will ruin the quality of the bud, but when you are desperate enough to need it at least it won't just be resin. Haha. That would be pretty dumb I guess.

Man I'm high.
:bigtoke:

firstly, to comment on the reply above me: no.

Secondly, im seeing alot of bullshit facts being thrown around ITT, like "99.9% of THC is vaporized when u smoke it" etc. Pretty much, if you read the whole thread and average amalgamate the opinions you have a pretty good idea of the pros/cons of resin smoking.

Like alot of people said, resin is basically tar... however, what is tar? tar is a mix of large hydrocabons caused by pyrolysis, you can get tar from all kinds of shit. Like corn, trees... even chronic. Does that mean that tar coming from corn, trees, and chronic have the same chemical composition? fuck no. the tar you get from burning weed is hardly close to the tar you find on the street or even in cigarettes. why? because the tar from chronic is made up mostly of canabinoids, its true that there isn't too much THC in weed resin, but there are aloooot of canabinoids that DO have a psychoactive effect.

That being said, when you smoke a bong you get 2 kinds of resin. The resin in the pipe leading from the bowl into the water, and the resin that collects on the side of your piece after its been filtered through the water. The resin in the pipe leading too the water is your average heavy hydrocarbon/canabinoid mix. the resin on that collects inside of the piece however.... is much much higher in THC than the other kind. this has to do with the fact that after being filtered the smoke doesn't have too much that can be deposited on the side other than THC. so while this resin is harder to get at (if you dont have a disposable water bottle bong >:3) and it takes alot longer to build up. resin from the inside of your bong will get you legit wrecked.

as for safety; if you smoke ciggarettes weed resin is the least of your worrys... if you dont then w.e we all get black lungs eventually.

i'm wondering if many of the people claiming its bad for you and it doesnt get you high have even smoked it. im smoking it right now and yes it gets you ripped. i've smoked it since i was 16 and im fine. any smoke in your lungs is bad for you. your lungs are designed to take in oxygen. smoke is not oxygen. i feel you are over analyzing. just smoke it and get high.

So this topic is on resin from bowls. Well what about scissor resin? From chopping up my medicine? Or from trimmings buds? Is it bad to smoke that also?
What your thinking of is hash. And yes, it is very smokeable & I think everyone would recommend you do so if you have the opportunity.

dude. i wouldnt worry just smoke the resin. it gets me high. if u have enough, go for it! especially if its not that often. ive only been smokin for a few years heavily but my lifetime, veteran stoner friends smoke resin when they have it and they're out of everything else. why not? smoking anything isn't good for you you might as well get high anyway

Damn, the power of suggestion is a MoFo...I just HAD to re-light-up while reading this! In my experience, smoking resin is a last resort, kinda like that I'm-gonna-hide-in-the-dryer-if-I-don't-smoke! feeling.
It is harsh as hell, makes you cough, but it will do in a pinch.

Here on the West Coast the resin treats us very well.

Sounds like the fools saying that it does not work are just blazing lawnmower trimmings to begin with.......

I am sure it is not to good for your lungs, but neither is the air anymore. We use only glass pieces and medical grade herb. Our resin collections yield a hash like substance that do not consist of solely "tar". There is usually a lot of non-charred chunks that make it through when the beat load pulls through. I recommend the fools claiming no results from burning res try some of the combination mentioned above, you will be too dazed to whine anymore.

This is the thread that both linked me to the site, and inspired me to join.

I'll be smoking a bowl of resin very soon. This marks day 3 in a row that I've been doing so.
I don't like doing it, but I've been without bud for quite a while now. I find resin has a putrid taste, and sometimes, I think most of that taste is mixture of the tar and lighter fluid, but that's only an opinion.

I find that the best way to smoke resin is to fire up a torch, and use the knives. If you re-circulate it in a bong or pipe, then you will re-coat your peice with more resin. It's a disgusting cycle really...

When I take a resin hit, I always feel like I'm doing something unhealthy and dangerous, just instinctivally. You know, like that feeling you get when you're doing something dangerous, and you know it's a stupid idea? But, it doesn't stop me.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Bump bump this thread. I'm looking for an answer to this question and it seems we have some holes left to fill.
First, why does resin get you high? Leftover THC? It makes sense when you think about it. Lets guess that .5% of the THC stays in resin. That would mean it takes 200 bowls to have enough resin to get you as high as 1 full bowl of bud. Seems about right to me.
Second, Is it toxic? People say it is but marijuana has no toxins so where would the toxins come from? Now I do know that scientific studies have shown that marijuana contains 50% more cancerous tars than tobacco. I'm hoping that the THC level in resin is high enough to kill off those cancerous cells.
The more I think about it the more resin sounds like hash. Really poor quality hash anyway. I don't know, does anyone have any input? Actual facts possibly? I know that facts are hard to come because we're not scientists, and real scientists aren't allowed to study it, but any input is appreciated ;)

On the 50% deal, please refer to the following link:

Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection - washingtonpost.com ;)

I smoke my resin regularly. After a large sack, and only one pipe, things can get clogged so I clean it out anyway.

I don't know about people saying it doesn't get you buzzed; hitting a resin bowl is like hitting a bowl of low-grade hash. It's generally more potent than the shit you smoked that created the resin in the first place.

It does have a tendancy to wear off a bit like Redbud in that it will give you a headache and possibly really bad cotton mouth. This, and it's horrible taste and messy nature are the only downfalls I am certain about. As for health ramifactions... Well, you're smoking GOOEY BLACK TAR SHIT. That gooey black tar shit is going into your lungs; that can't be good for you.

I recommend only smoking the resin you scraped out of your bowl if you can figure out a way to scrape your lungs afterwards.

Smoking pipe resin is something I have done in times of desperate drought.

It usually goes along with smoking seeds and stems and looking through the spice cabinet for some household spice that incarcerated stoners smoke in prison.

It never seems to work, but it does keep me busy and hopeful until I can finally score some decent smoke.

Back
Top Bottom