Resin - Can you smoke it?

You only smoke bowl resin after months of smoking weed out of it (preferably dank dro) so all the tar and resin accumulate and it will actually form like a ball of resin right below where you pack it. All those times when small pieces fell through, and when you take that last hit and sometimes suck the weed through (I dont use screens) all of that adds up and if your lucky you'll have a nice little smoke session. I've literally hit my bowl 12 times and got giant fucking rips off it and im fucking blasted atm

Dude, I was about to make a post that said the same thing. When I read your post I started l burst out laughing. I am currently high as shit from smoking some resin in the same situation as you. I bought a new bong when at the beginning of summer and just scraped some in a time of need. I probably have enough resin for a long time.

However, the smoke is harsh. But I don't think it's so bad. I'm a science major (not biology though). It seems like anything that would stick to your pieces to make resin would be a pretty even mixture as what is actually in smoke. I also have a vaporizer and gold resin builds up very quickly there, which is pure THC basically. I can't think of why THC, combined with the other molecules in smoke that you're already inhaling, wouldn't be in equal proportions in the resin.

Just because it's black doesn't necessarily make it horrible, although it's probably not great. Mine has chunks of weed in it though so that is pretty awesome.

i think the trick to resin is preparation and judgement.

i recommend instead of trying to smoke it straight out of your pipe or bong to use a paperclip to try and gather and remove it from the chamber (if this is possible) by scraping off little bits at a time.

it can be frusterating using this method as most pieces aren't designed with this sort of 'cleaning' in mind. i reccomend taking a piece of white printer paper to gather it on, and after extracting it all, GENTLY use one or two fingers to "roll it up" into a resin ball/bowl whatever you want to call it. ALSO CHECK FOR HAIRS AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT DOESNT LOOK LIKE RESIN

now just pop that baby in and be careful because the first 2 hits because resin in my experience has a tendency to "spark" a bit when you first start it up and can bounce a nasty fiery fleck or two into your eye.

as far as the "judgement" i mentioned you have to think about the overall quality of the weed you've smoked out of it. if you smoke bargain basement weed then i would encourage you to just toss your res and not waste your lungs/time on it. My understanding is that crappy weed produces crap res and like some of the earlier posts mentioned most of what you're smoking isn't thc, but there is still some.

also if you are one of those people that pack your bowls lazy or carelessly (i personally can't stand ppl who do this) and chances are you've smoked quite a few stems and or seeds, or sucked them through, in my experience this type of resin is just awful, and when you hear people talking about the "extreme harsh" on their lungs I am willing to assume they don't break up their weed properly or their weed just sucks (not a reflection on them in any way)

i pay for really good buds so once every other week i scrape, and if you do it correctly you'll get more out of your bud supply and resin collected and smoked correctly actually isn't all that harsh at all and doesn't taste nearly as it would if you just let it sit there for months/years before scraping.

again i just wanna say my opinions i'm not a weed-conisseur by any means just sharing info i wish i knew when i was younger woulda saved me alot of nasty coughs :D

I. Say just do it...its 3am here and my stash is out...so I just took a coathanger and scraped some resin...I'm pretty relaxed now..other than the taste....its all ggood...

It's probably a wiser choice to take a tolerance break during the search for some actual bud. Resin can be smoked, but this concentrated tar stuck to your pipe and will do the same in your lungs. You could invest in a vaporizer and then you'd be left with ABV and some golden resin, which would be more pleasant the second time around than combusted resin.

so uhm, don't take this the wrong way...

The smoke you smoke goes into your lungs, and your pipe. Builds up, in your pipe. You are smoking the "dried" smoke! more or less. . duh.

It's black... What you don't like black things? you racist? lol...

:Namaste:

Smoked some resin tonight for the first time cause im outa weed (sadly). Anyway, scraping my bowl was a pain in the ass and i didnt even get all of it when i was cleaning. Need to soak my pipe. However it did get me high. It was pretty nice. Actually smoking it was not enjoyable though. Taste like shit and felt like i was not supposed to be smoking it when i exhaled.

All in all; if you're outa weed and need to clean your bowl or pipe anyway, i say go right ahead and smoke your res but dont do smoke it too often. There is no way its good for your lungs.

Anything with heat and smoke is bad for your lungs to begin with lmao.

Also, what kinda retard drinks the bong water? XD

*EDIT:

Bradlee, what would you consider the proper way to pack a bowl?

Im just curious to see how you do it lol.

Walk me though the detailed steps :p

If you're out and you need it, go ahead. ;) I usually smoked resin after a couple of months of it building up, I know it's probably pretty bad for you but it gets the job done. I've had resin bowls last forever it's great. I like to try to smoke resin out of a bong instead of a bowl because I think it's a little healthier.
happy toking :Rasta:

Resin is basically residual THC and plant matter. Contrary to popular belief, resin does get you high. Many believe resin is tar. Although resin has tar like properties, it is not tar. Many also believe resin is more unhealthy to smoke than cannabis, this is also untrue, resin will affect your lungs the same way as Cannabis bud.

This is the thread that both linked me to the site, and inspired me to join.

I'll be smoking a bowl of resin very soon. This marks day 3 in a row that I've been doing so.
I don't like doing it, but I've been without bud for quite a while now. I find resin has a putrid taste, and sometimes, I think most of that taste is mixture of the tar and lighter fluid, but that's only an opinion.

I find that the best way to smoke resin is to fire up a torch, and use the knives. If you re-circulate it in a bong or pipe, then you will re-coat your peice with more resin. It's a disgusting cycle really...

When I take a resin hit, I always feel like I'm doing something unhealthy and dangerous, just instinctivally. You know, like that feeling you get when you're doing something dangerous, and you know it's a stupid idea? But, it doesn't stop me.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I only smoke with knives when it comes to weed res hash or oil fer me its the only way to go(I guess I shouldnt say only with knives) i do smoke the occasional doobie when out and about. The only thing better is a vape. I'm actually heating the blades for res as i type.
I THINK ITS AMAZINGLY FUNNY HOW MANY PPL WHO SMOKE DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT! Like someone mentioned before theres more than just thc cannaboids in mj. I'm not sure exactly how many there are but ive read that there is round 85 er so just that they know of. And if your out long enough you more than likely will smoke res if its bad for you er not

Can't believe all the negative posts online about smoking resin...its the best guys!

First, resin is NOT tar, its residue chalked full of THC...the quality depends on the quality of the weed from which it comes...

Second, it is NOT harmful, or any more harmful to your lungs than green weed...

Here is how I smoke it, and it works great...I clean my pipe with a needle (safety pin)...take a small amount of green weed into your fingers, take the pin coated with resin and run it through the green weed between your two fingers holding the weed... squeeze it onto the weed...it will stick!

You can do this repeated times until you have a nice ball of green weed and resin stuck together...

Put this into your pipe and wow enjoy!

I tell you what,,,I cough LESS than without the resin, its a nice smooth smoke..

Oh and if the resin came from quality weed, you will get VERY high from this...

haha, we're alike you and i.
Its like a little thankyou present for your weed smoking efforts.
By the way, Seattle' is chilllllll, just moved here.

Where did you read about the Bacteria forming, and do you know how to tell of if it is? Lastly what is the correct way to clean your bong?

Dear avid readers

I am a science major and 420 friendly. I have just tested the experiment for smoking resin for the first time ever. Some claim that the resin has an insignificant amount of THC and more problems then is worth the trouble. Having now done it, I disagree with those people who claim to not get buzzed. I am very airy right now, to almost the same effect as regular cannabis. The difference is that there are more harmful toxins then the plant. Primarily there is an intake of large amounts of tar. My throat is very dry right now, worse then usual. I also find myself coughing more dry coughs. The other effects are all the same and in my recommendation, I am going to agree that scraping and smoking resin in the most desperate times is fine and normal. However to make it a regular event may be more harmful to your body and should be done so wisely and cautiously.

In Canada I noticed that many folks collect the resin and smoke it as a kind of "poor man's hash". Don't know about the THC content, but having smoked it myself, it's certainly not the hash I remember from the 70's.

I use to smoke resin in high school one month everybody I knew was completely dry but my friends dad had been cleaning out his pipes for probably 30 years in a ashtray that he only used for that then he would crack it out and put it in a half gallon jar. We smoked on that resin for a month to get us by. At the end when we finally got weed again we went on a camping trip and threw the rest of it in a bonfire and the whole valley we were in got smokey.

Dear avid readers

I am a science major and 420 friendly. I have just tested the experiment for smoking resin for the first time ever. Some claim that the resin has an insignificant amount of THC and more problems then is worth the trouble. Having now done it, I disagree with those people who claim to not get buzzed. I am very airy right now, to almost the same effect as regular cannabis. The difference is that there are more harmful toxins then the plant. Primarily there is an intake of large amounts of tar. My throat is very dry right now, worse then usual. I also find myself coughing more dry coughs. The other effects are all the same and in my recommendation, I am going to agree that scraping and smoking resin in the most desperate times is fine and normal. However to make it a regular event may be more harmful to your body and should be done so wisely and cautiously.

Thanks.

Sometimes the level of ignorance of the average smoker amazes me. If you think resin is worthless and has no THC, then glob it all up in a big nasty sticky pile and send it to me. I'll gladly smoke it, or make cannabutter out of it, or smoke it. Yes, I said smoke it twice. I've been smoking for more than 20 years and I always clean my pipes and bongs when they get nasty. After all, even if you haven't run out of bud, you want to keep your equipment clean so that you can actually taste your pot, right? Anyway, I like to save small stems and bits of bud, put them in the bottom of a bowl and then drop a big ball of resin on top of that. One fat bowl of resin will burn literally all day long and gets you high as hell if it came from mostly good weed.

Now here's the science behind this: THC is removed from smoke by your lungs. 95% of the available cannabinols are absorbed by the lungs almost instantly on the first pass. So what you exhale is worthless. But the stuff that accumulates in your pipes and bongs, that's from sidestream smoke: meaning direct marijuana smoke that never had its THC removed by the lungs. So as that smoke builds up resin, that resin contains all the THC you would have inhaled if it hadn't been collecting on your pipe and bong instead; allowing of course for degradation by light and air.

Ultimately, resin is as good as whatever weed it came from because it's actually the remnants of hits that you never got to take. So enjoy your resin and stop being so ignorant.

From my personal experience I feel that I may get a little buzz on but more so from hacking up a lung and getting a bit light headed than like a body high from burning greens.

Back
Top Bottom