RLS - Restless Leg Syndrome

I've been diagnosed with severe rls..goes into my forearms as well as legs. I dread nights. My md gave me mirapex, which does work but makes me wicked sick. She gave me a script for pot and after a few weeks of working with different strains, edibles, etc., I've found incredible relief on high doses of CBD. This stops the symptoms and I don't get so messed up it, like some of the other products I tried. I live in WA so it's all legal and easy to get, but much cheaper with a RX and it's nice to have someone knowledgeable to talk to. Best of luck. It's not a fun disease.

I suffer from RLS and often find that the Purple strains alleviate my symptoms almost completely. My RLS is very bad and it causes severe muscle spasms...so I have I higher tolerance to most other strains but this is one that will alleviate the pain and spasms as well as help your legs feel less tired.

So glad I found this thread!!

I've suffered RLS for awhile now and currently taking Requip and another RLS pill (starts with a G , can't remember, anti-seizure medication of sorts). Anyways, after noticing my RLS is not just happening during the night but now effecting me during the day too, my doctor just suggested that I increase my dosage. Decided to seek out another opinion and now that I'm using medical cannabis my medication intake has been decreasing slowly. I stick with mellow Satvia strains during the day and Indica at night.

Sativa I found that works for me:
White Widow, Jack Herer, Blue Dreams, Chem Dawg

Indica I found that works for me:
Skywalker, Granddaddy Purple, Pakistani Kush, Animal Cookies,Yoda

I have had RLS all my life, but it has been recently exacerbated by back surgery. My experience has been that high CBD Gumbi strain is a miracle. I also use extreme trigger point massage (rolling pin, Thera-cane, biofoam roller), compression socks with magnets placed in them, and a laser. Without these props, I don't know if I could survive! To get to sleep after spending time with the other tools, I use a KASINA device (MindPlace). If all this sounds extreme, just let me say that all this has really worked when I was at my wits end. As my back heals, I hope the RLS will also back off.

to late night skunk. No that is not RLS. RLS can be very painful and there is no drug out there that really treats it well. Mirapex being one of them. However , I am on a medical marijuana program and by smoking a small quantity just before bedtime my symptoms have practically disappeared and I finally get some sleep! Be sure to take pot that has a high Indica (vs Sativa) concentration. It will help relax your muscles and desensitize the nerves in your legs(brain). Don't need high level of THC its really the CBD that does the trick...for those wo don't like the buzz...

Hi all. I have had RLS for ever since I can remember. It has been so bad that my legs have literallly kicked me off the couch, or out of bed. My doctor prescribed ropinirole, which worked famously, except that it didn't agree with my stomach, making me want to throw up. But it worked!!
Fast forward to a couple years ago when I got my Medical Marijuana prescription (for other health reasons). I have been smoking over 50 years, but mostly socially, and although I now realize the medical benefits, it never really occurred to me until I was prescribed.
To make a long story short, in the past 2 years, I can only think of once, possibly two times that I had to take the ropinirole. I generally vape indica dominate strains, and also have been leaning towards edibles lately.
I've noticed mixed opinions in this thread, but for me, Cannabis really works on RLS, to the point that I seldom even think about it anymore.:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom