RO Water & Epsom Salts

Freezy

Hey guys

Sorry I know there is a ton of info on this already but I have a question that I just can't seem to find an exact answer too. Ive been using RO water for a while now and I have a few questions about Calmag and epsom salts. My first question, which I think i know the answer too already is this; With the General Organics calmag, can that be put into a res and left for long periods of time? I know that they do not want you to let your nutes stay for more than about an hour and I was unsure about the calmag specifically. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the answer to this is no you cannot let it sit for long periods of time.

My next question is this; Can I just use epsom salts and get a sufficient amount of calmag out of it with my RO water? I believe this answer it yes but how many ppm should i bring my res up to with the epsom salts? i think I'm at like 5 ppm to start out of the RO. also, would this have the added benefit of acting as a buffer when trying to adjust the pH? Any input would be appreciated I'm mainly looking for how many ppm's I should use of just the epsom salts before adding the rest of my nutes, or a better way to do it? thanks.

re: RO Water & Epsom Salts

Hey guys

Sorry I know there is a ton of info on this already but I have a question that I just can't seem to find an exact answer too. Ive been using RO water for a while now and I have a few questions about Calmag and epsom salts. My first question, which I think i know the answer too already is this; With the General Organics calmag, can that be put into a res and left for long periods of time? I know that they do not want you to let your nutes stay for more than about an hour and I was unsure about the calmag specifically. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the answer to this is no you cannot let it sit for long periods of time.

My next question is this; Can I just use epsom salts and get a sufficient amount of calmag out of it with my RO water? I believe this answer it yes but how many ppm should i bring my res up to with the epsom salts? i think I'm at like 5 ppm to start out of the RO. also, would this have the added benefit of acting as a buffer when trying to adjust the pH? Any input would be appreciated I'm mainly looking for how many ppm's I should use of just the epsom salts before adding the rest of my nutes, or a better way to do it? thanks.

To your first question yes make your nuts water with Ph on the spot you can leave the water out to vent of any bad tap water impurities then PH it when you water

To your second question i would stick to calmag as there still micro nunts in the stuff with other stuff to help the plant on the way 5 ppm to start is super good are you sure thats right i run my water with 4 different filter and its around 200ppm but hay good stuff to you thats a nice clean start i don't know if using epsom salts will bind to other nutrients making the roots lock out

Back
Top Bottom