RooRman's State of The Union

RooRman

My friends, I have grown utterly tired of a never ending struggle.

Freedom, peace, the American dream, all has drifted far from my grasp and seemingly lost amongst the shadows of absolute uncertainty. For those few who rightfully seek answers to problems at hand, they will only find deeper questions that remain unanswered. Theirs is the never ending fight to shrug off tyranny. America as a whole has become diluted and a poor imitation of what this great country once was. In previous times freedom has rang true in my ears and with every passing day I hear its call growing ever more faint. I desperately try with every waking breath to preserve those few humble rights we desperately cling to.

But what should oneself do? Surely I should not be expected to endure hardships? Such dire circumstances were for my fathers. Surely I should not be expected to keep freedoms fiery light aglow, through the dark, and the gloom. Simply put, my wallet is more important than the basic fundamental liberties so many before me have fought and died for.

As long as CEO’s get a paycheck and soccer moms have gas for their SUV’s we will continue to plod along in a never ending state of paralysis. Much like the coma victim relies on a feeding tube for “life”, decline is inevitable, and death… immanent. When it all comes down, are we really even basic human beings at all? Mostly, one chooses not to even make eye contact with another, less we discredit ourselves or to a worse extent, look ridiculous. This cold hard reality is easier to ignore then to confront, even better yet is to place the burden upon a figurehead who will seemingly absolve us of all wrong doing. A culturally driven band-aid that will in time deprive us all of the life giving oxygen that is our basic rights.

The American dollar bill is NOT the solution to all problems. Those things which are obtained by monetary gain are meaningless, as we do not keep them forever. Our ideals shall be the only things that outlast us. Ideals of resistance where resistance is due, and at the same instance an unyielding peace and understanding for those who may cross our path otherwise.

As always I choose the path of the patriot, be it accepted or denied, and if denied I more perfectly befit the character of the rebel. I am not in the least inspired. I am not an advocate for change. I am an independent American citizen with rights, freedom of choice, and land unto my own accord, be it with or against the grain.

If the eagle is to clasp thirteen arrows in one talon and the olive branch in the other, then so must we. :peace:

Roorman,

I hear your frustration and agree with your analysis. Our freedoms become less each year, with the exception of Cannabis which fortunately is trending in the right direction due to the hard work of so many activists.

A quick quote that is atrributed to Alexander Tyler circa 1787....

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage."
Personally, I think we just voted for dependancy

Roorman,

I hear your frustration and agree with your analysis. Our freedoms become less each year, with the exception of Cannabis which fortunately is trending in the right direction due to the hard work of so many activists.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage."

Your last statement hit the nail on the head. Sadly, so many people dont even realize it.

Thanks for your support guys. Now more then ever is the time to band together into one unified voice, the voice of the people. As our founding fathers intended, it is the job of the government to be of service to the people, not the other way around.

This one is for soniq420...

"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts. Not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert
the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln

I just stood up and gave you a ovation.

Thanks Racfan that means alot coming from you. :peace:

So true so true, but if only Everyone realized this. Soniq you hit it perfectly with that last sentence.

This one is for soniq420...

"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts. Not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert
the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln

Good choice of quotes. I agree with this one completely but do wonder if "we the sheeple" have either the will or the means.

Still, I know which side I would support

Good choice of quotes. I agree with this one completely but do wonder if "we the sheeple" have either the will or the means.

Still, I know which side I would support

Worry not about the people, when last we revolted there was less than 30 percent support. when the time comes some will again open there eyes to the truth. I believe our biggest problem know is that our vote for dependence will give many more reason to keep their eyes closed.

I truly feel we are going no where (national level) on the subject of marijuana. I think its just another "pipe dream" to get our vote. they knew this time the young would vote like never before. they said "oh ya i smoked it, ill make changes" then they get the drug war guru for vp. we are just as oppressed as we were, maybe more so now because some have been mislead to think otherwise...

Good choice of quotes. I agree with this one completely but do wonder if "we the sheeple" have either the will or the means...

This is the exact reason for my clarion call. Although most of the public befits the definition of "sheeple" there are those few who detract, not content with running with the herd mentality. There are clearer lines drawn in the sand between these two groups then ever before. Those who care about money and fame, and those who value their essential liberty as something worth more then gold.

And there is a obvious growing necessity for these tireless few. For the "sheeple" would be easily snatched up and eaten by the wolves if not for the ever vigilant sheep dogs. :peace:

^^ great continuation of the analogy. (i.e. sheep dogs)

We need to enlist more activists and continue to fight for our freedoms first hand.

What's the format though?

I've joined the Libertarian party which seems to me the most organized group of like minded people; but we only seem to max out at only 1-2% of the vote.

I've been getting really interested in doing more for the cause than just becoming a NORML member and writing to my Congressman.

Russ Bellviles PowerPoint from NORMLcon was filled with great suggestions about how to better frame the issue, and how to best defend against the fallacious arguments of the other side.

Where to use them though? What's the next step?

I'm with you brother. Its what I've been saying for years though less eloquent. I join Racefan in giving you an ovation.

sheep . . . dogs . . . reminds me of floyd

I gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused.
Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used.
Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise.
If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this
maze?

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
You better watch out,
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Jordan, and I have seen
Things are not what they seem.

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real.
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes.
Now things are really what they seem.
No, this is no bad dream.

Roorman,

hmmm, a nice quote, but really out of context.
America voted for someone that will not take money from the treasure (any more so then whats currently happening) He will make it so we don't have to put as much money in.

hmmm, a nice quote, but really out of context.
America voted for someone that will not take money from the treasure (any more so then whats currently happening) He will make it so we don't have to put as much money in.

I so hope you're right Mayor but I really think we've got a super spender on our hands. It's hard to argue that he doesn't want to make government even bigger (which ain't free)

The last 8 years of government spending was horrible, but that doesn't mean that change will be for the better.

I didn't vote for him but he's going to be my president too, and I'm going to give him every chance

Let's hope you're right

I don't want to start a political debate on particular issues, as it's been beaten to death over the past months. I agree with soniq420 with what you guys are saying.

I'm with you brother. Its what I've been saying for years though less eloquent. I join Racefan in giving you an ovation.

sheep . . . dogs . . . reminds me of floyd...

Excellent addition to the thread User, thank you. :peace:

"Our peculiar security is in the possession of a written Constitution.
Let us not make it a blank paper by construction."

~Thomas Jefferson, 1803.

Action1, I appreciate your response, but now is not the time to "settle down". Yes this country has the most freedom of any in the world.

You have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. You have the right to Freedom of speech , Freedom of the press, Freedom of religion, and the Freedom to keep and bear arms. You also have the Right against illegal search and seizure, the Right to an attorney and the Right to remain innocent until proven guilty.

As a free American, I intended to preserve all of these rights. In-action will get us nowhere. :peace:

And if only we were the generation to topple the ivory tower. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom