Root problem or nutrient deficiency? Help me

pr3sid3nt

420 Member
I have 7 plants and 1 has a problem. I think there is a lack of nutrients or something is wrong with the roots. My plants are photoperiod and my pots are 20 lt. I'm on my 50th day. I give ec:0.8-1 ph=6.4 to my plants, when I give 3 liters of water for my other 6 plants, water flows from the bottom of the pot, but I need to give 4 liters of water for this plant to make it flow from the bottom. i'm scared and i can't get to the flowering period please help

IMG20230319002224.jpg

IMG20230320133342_copy_1280x1708.jpg

IMG20230320133302_copy_1465x1953.jpg

IMG20230320132809_copy_1663x1247.jpg

IMG_20230320_234447_copy_1479x1748.jpg

IMG_20230320_234523_copy_1561x1678.jpg

IMG20230320133319.jpg

IMG20230320133310.jpg

Me, i would keep on using the cal/mag every feeding and see if you can see a difference in a week or two. The damage leaves will never recover you can probably cut them off. not sure this is the fix it but i would try unless somebody else has a suggestion.

Me, i would keep on using the cal/mag every feeding and see if you can see a difference in a week or two. The damage leaves will never recover you can probably cut them off. not sure this is the fix it but i would try unless somebody else has a suggestion.
thank you i will try it i'm afraid the problem will progress

Let's see if we can get some of the people to help with suggestions.

They will be asking questions as a way to find out more info on your plants, how you are growing them and what you have tried so far.

The first question I can think of asking is what kind of soil are you in? Is it a natural soil made with compost as the base or was it made with Peat Moss or with coco coir? Did you mix it up yourself or did you buy it already mixed? Did you use the same soil for all the plants?

Is there something different about the soil for the plant that is showing the problem?

You mention that you did use a Calcium product. How long ago? What was the amount of the product added to how much water? How many times have you used the Calcium?

I can't help much as I have never used ec in my grows, and I have no idea what you mean by 'standard soil light mix'.
I wanted to point out that it does look like more than one plant is experiencing this problem, they are just not all as advanced.

You likely hit on the problem if you had not been giving any cal-mag before now, but I was just wondering if you are feeding anything else since you only mention water. Those plants look big enough to have taken most of anything that quantity of soil could have offered.

its true damaged leaves don’t recover…. but if you snip them then you pretty much guarantee the issue will climb to the next pair above… even tho they are unsightly I don’t remove anything until I’m convinced the plant has sucked all the juice out and then only snip the fan leaf but leave petiole (fan leaf stem) intact

agree with Sueet, 20 liters = 5 gallons not a lot versus your plants are big so the soil gas tank runneth low, I’d either upcan to larger or be resolved to feeding them for the duration.…

how often do you water them? not loving the light soil mix…. kinda like saying I had food for dinner…

Do you have a bag or brand name? Is it coco based or peat based? Does it have extra nutrients added / feeds for 6 months? etc

Your girls look great and they are big enough to flip to flower but I’d lollipop and clean up her bikini line but defs figure out tfans plant to larger container versus feed for duration before you decide flip. Even with good fresh soil the majority of us add nutrients each week. Heres why tim ing & transplant matter…. weed plants build roots freely in veg cycle but at some point in early flower cycle new root expansion grinds to a halt…. The saying goes - you build roots in veg and use them in flower…

Drop some answers on us…. Hang tight and we will get you sorted

Do u use tap water if so what is the starting ec a ec of 0.8 to 1.0 is to low u want to be at 1.2 plus tap water ec on top if thats what u use so if my tap water is 0.4 ec i add that to 1.2 so 1.6 would be my ec the more water your feeding the better means that plant is drinking heavier that plant might need a stronger feed they all look a little light green as well i also agree with 013 dont take leaves unless completely crisped

I use standard soil light mix .
As @Sueet mentions, what is this soil? If you mention the brand and the name of the mix there is a chance that someone else who uses it will be able to let us know if they experienced a similar problem.

As an example, is the soil Biobizz Light Mix?

Something else occurred to me since this morning. Leave the damaged or sick looking leaf on the plant for now. Take a photo of the plant with the problem so it is sitting by itself without the other plants showing? That way we can see the position of the problem in relation to the rest of the leaves. There are several nutrients that cause problems similar to what you are seeing and a photo could help try to figure out if it is a mobile or immobile nutrient.

.calmag I used it 2 times enough to increase 0.2 ec
I grow in soils and as far as I know measuring the EC is more of a thing for hydroponic style grows. Can't help with that.

I grow in soils and as far as I know measuring the EC is more of a thing for hydroponic style grows. Can't help with that.
The EC tells u the strength of feed your giving ive never measured in soil but i can see why people do better than 1/2 feed or quarter feed u can see exact amount i grew in soil before coco also i no we don't no the soil he is using but if bio bizz there starting ec is 1.2 in there soil alone more than op is feeding now

I used Plagron light mix and the EC value of the water I used was 0.2 EC. I made a mistake and cut those leaves
your starting ec is to low continue with calmag "0.2 ec calmag" is right do u also add tap water ec to that if i was u i would feed 1.6 ec in total until flower

Back
Top Bottom