Root Rot nightmare makes me want to give up

Just observing here:

Plant looks sad, too much of %something% not a lack of. The rigged humidity dome seems unwarranted, imo.

Repeated problems with your tub, then buy another $12 tub and lid and clean thoroughly before loading up your correctly ph'd water w/o Nutrients. I can not assume it is light leak as there isn't enough information to go on. (root pics, texture description, and smell) my best oxfordcomma I could come up w/

How do you know it is Root Rot and not algae or another contaminant?

In encouragement, once you see the growth take off in your DWC, it is difficult to forget about ever growing in water again.

Hang in there. Be scientific about it but simplistic in nature. These plants are simple / Not Complex. Believe the saying that less is more in most cases. Talk to your plant and encourage it this will allow your to take ownership and not give up.

Good Luck friend.

Final Edited Thought: Water temp for me is too chilly being at 60 degrees, the wide swings are not managed as well as ph swings.

Just observing here:

Plant looks sad, too much of %something% not a lack of. The rigged humidity dome seems unwarranted, imo.

Repeated problems with your tub, then buy another $12 tub and lid and clean thoroughly before loading up your correctly ph'd water w/o Nutrients. I can not assume it is light leak as there isn't enough information to go on. (root pics, texture description, and smell) my best oxfordcomma I could come up w/

How do you know it is Root Rot and not algae or another contaminant?

In encouragement, once you see the growth take off in your DWC, it is difficult to forget about ever growing in water again.

Hang in there. Be scientific about it but simplistic in nature. These plants are simple / Not Complex. Believe the saying that less is more in most cases. Talk to your plant and encourage it this will allow your to take ownership and not give up.

Good Luck friend.

Final Edited Thought: Water temp for me is too chilly being at 60 degrees, the wide swings are not managed as well as ph swings.

plant was sleeping... i turned light on to take pic... (it will turn on in 4hrs)

these are the vegging roots . these are clean since ive ditch the dead ones last night, only nut stained. The problems first started in the veg tub but it never gets as bad as the flowering bucket

Ill take picture of the one in flower when light turns on tonight, it is the one which is struggling to live.

in the tote, plants just get stunned and clones doesnt root anymore. + a fishy odor. but it never had time to "kill" plant. I got it stable for 2weeks straight lately and it was the fastest growth i ever saw hahaha

in flower bucket, the plant struggle to survive, roots get almost brown/black over the water. and the airstones were fullll of brown slime (i have Eco4 and 2 cokecan stones pumping in the flower bucket)

20190210_104656.jpg

To be clear, you are changing totes between veg and flower? When placing in one tote to another, are the nutrients already in the flower tote or same process as, ph water and gradually add your flavor over course of a couple or three days.

the tote stays in vegroom. the bucket stays in flower room. I transfer netpots.

when i flip one in flower, i make a whole new soup for the cleaned up bucket and airstone.

im aiming to change water every7-10days. but cant even get it to that without seeing brown slime and fishyodor before change time LOL

its sleeping till tonight, ill take pics later.

standard white 5gal bucket, painted black and lid too. with bubblefoil around the bucket and a 18x18" square bubblefoil sheet over the lid. supposed to be fully lightproof too

when I first started the tote. it was a 48spot lid and I had a 100% success cloning with it for many months.

frustrating that I cant get anything working anyhow in water now

and sincerely, if it is Pythium or Algea... i dont know. but it gets my roots to die and stink, it make some greenish stains on plastic over the water and brown slime in water and on airstones

ok the tote itself seems lightproof but i added bubblefoil around it AND ive found a Leak where the air lines enter the lid! , so I doubletaped that.

only light leak there now could be is between neophrene and stem (clone)

Ive also doubletaped a spare bucket I had.

ive prepared new water for both tote and bucket for tonight.

ill keep you guys updated :)

I'd check the airstone and airpump too. Make sure the airpump is over the water line and that you have small airstones that the air pump is able to really power. On my small eco2 I had the bigger can styles and it just didn't have enough oomph to really run it to get good small bubbles. Got some smaller ball style for that and got a bigger volume pump for the can ones and it seemed to be a lot happier with the water situation. Also, for sure get some z9. You use 2.5ml every 4 days (for 5 gallons solution) to week so it lasts a long time.

I'd check the airstone and airpump too. Make sure the airpump is over the water line and that you have small airstones that the air pump is able to really power. On my small eco2 I had the bigger can styles and it just didn't have enough oomph to really run it to get good small bubbles. Got some smaller ball style for that and got a bigger volume pump for the can ones and it seemed to be a lot happier with the water situation. Also, for sure get some z9. You use 2.5ml every 4 days (for 5 gallons solution) to week so it lasts a long time.
Key there.....get some Z9 (Canada), or Z7 (USA).

Back
Top Bottom