Root rot?

MisterThrax23

i am on my first grow and have several AK-47 clone to start out with. all are about 9 inches tall, i had noticed just yesterday the a couple of the plants stems are sourounded buy what apperars to be dark purple-ish vertical lines. these lines started on the top and seem to have gone no further. althought a couple leaf stems have turned completly. i was wondering if this was the beginings of root rot, this may be a dumb question but im a newbie lol. any input would be greatly appreciated.

i am on my first grow and have several AK-47 clone to start out with. all are about 9 inches tall, i had noticed just yesterday the a couple of the plants stems are sourounded buy what apperars to be dark purple-ish vertical lines. these lines started on the top and seem to have gone no further. althought a couple leaf stems have turned completly. i was wondering if this was the beginings of root rot, this may be a dumb question but im a newbie lol. any input would be greatly appreciated.

is this a soil grow? what size container are they in? you said they were about 9 inches tall if there not in there final container yet and you have them in smaller containers now, just transplant them now and then you will know for sure whats going on, imo most people over water on there first grow and with poor drainage that's just asking for root rot, for me i almost wait for my plants to ask for a drink, i think its better to be a little thirsty then to be drowning, that's my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom