Root Spa vs. GH WaterFarm

BlackPolo23

If any one with experience using either of the setups could shed a little light on the Pros and Cons per setup. I'm looking to grow some medium to large plants.

Root Spa System
image27360.jpg

GH WaterFarm System
image27361.jpg

Any information helps.

They both will grow medium to large plants. The root spa is DWC and the waterfarm is RDWC.

There really is no difference between the two besides the waterfarm will recirculate the nutrient solution from the reservoir to the top drip ring back down through the hydroton back into the reservoir (RDWC). The root spa has a pump that attaches to the blue sight/drain tube at the top and pumps air into the reservoir to make it bubble, the waterfarm has a pumping column where the air hose attaches, it pumps air down into the reservoir and it forces nutrient solution up the column to the drip ring.

The root spa will have to be hand watered until the roots grow down through the net pot into the reservoir, the waterfarm will water from the top down for you so you don't have to hand water the young roots until they reach the reservoir.

I would get two systems, for extra parts and the extra reservoir bucket comes in handy when you need to clean the reservoir or work with the plants etc. I have used the waterfarm a lot, and have taken an extra air line that runs down the back of the pumping column and ran it down the front blue sight/drain tube and added another air stone in the reservoir bottom. Along with the regular pumping column air, the two really make the plants take off and grow....that's why I always get two systems, for the parts. The waterfarm air line on the pumping column will clog up sometimes from the nutrient salt build up, only if you're running heavy TDS/PPM levels for a while, especially in flower, so you have to check it every 3-4 weeks...but you'll know when it's getting clogged since the drip ring slows down or stops dripping.

This plant was grown in a waterfarm..approx. 4' round & 36" tall

CBB5.jpg

I got the root spa and i love it later i noticed the FARMKIT 4115 by general hydroponics that adds the drip ring and gives me a spare gromet, elbow and water level tube, so you can save money by getting a root spa bucket and adding the drip ring kit, on my buckets i run both a air stone and the drip kit.

Back
Top Bottom