rust spot on leaves - help!

fasts102376

hello all.. i just stared a hydro bubblers my problem is my leaves r starting to get brown spots,maybe a mg problem.. i'm in the first week of flowering and i changed the water today my ph is 5.9 ppm is 820 water temp is 78 and room temp is 84. i'll have pics as soon they get approved,, thanks:cheesygrinsmiley:

Re: rust spot on leaves.. help!!

This was posted by feral. a great grower and moderator from NH.

rust explained.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rust, how many of you have had this and been beaten by it? lots i bet!!!
first, rust is a fungi. it is opportunist. it preys on unwell plants. if something is a miss, rust is a sign. rust has been identified to have 7,000 species. it attacks crops of every description. but we're only interested in one variety arn't we?
if rust is present early in a grow, you have problems as it's an indicator something in your room is a miss. usually ventilation. go through your system and double check things are in place and working properly.
rust is an air borne fungi. if given the opportunity, it WILL take hold. it usually does during flower as this is when the plants immune system is at its weakest as its energies are concentrating on re-production, not survival.
depending on what part of the grow you get it, you can cure/minimize it with either chemical or natural remedies.
it enters the leaf via the stomata and then it's off and running.
fungacides used are generally copper based and include; thriram, manzecob, maneb or zineb at 10 day intervills.
organic;
baking soda, 1 tea spoon/ quart of water. spray on.
copper sulphate, read lables.
fungacidal soap sprays;
garlic sprays, 1/2 cup minced garlic, 1 quart of water. let sit 24hrs, strain, spray.
sulphur, one of the best natural sprays. it is low in toxicity.
micro kill, a citric based killer. i use this with great success.

your room temp is slightly high. Your water temp is extremely high. nothing over 70df for water temp or fungus will grow.
What type of nutrients are you using? 820 is weak. It's what I used for clones and seedlings. For flower I ran 2000 PPM's. Sometimes stronger depending onthe strain.

9_5_06_002.jpg
here r the pic..
spots.jpg
i hope this will help... i'll try to get the water temp down... thanks dor all the applys:adore:

racefan said:
your room temp is slightly high. Your water temp is extremely high. nothing over 70df for water temp or fungus will grow.
What type of nutrients are you using? 820 is weak. It's what I used for clones and seedlings. For flower I ran 2000 PPM's. Sometimes stronger depending onthe strain.
i'm useing fox farm 10tsp of tiger bloom and 15 tsp of big bloom in a 5g bucket..

fox farm has a site and on is a feeding schedual that gives you the PPM's needed for each stage of growth. You need to read it because your PPM's are way too low. I'm not sure if this is the right way to link you to fox farm but here goes.... https://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/feedingfox.html

You need to download a PDF reader and then download the appropiate instructions. They even tell you how to mix the nutes and how to flush if needed. Take a look at their site and get back to me

racefan said:
fox farm has a site and on is a feeding schedual that gives you the PPM's needed for each stage of growth. You need to read it because your PPM's are way too low. I'm not sure if this is the right way to link you to fox farm but here goes.... https://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/feedingfox.html

You need to download a PDF reader and then download the appropiate instructions. They even tell you how to mix the nutes and how to flush if needed. Take a look at their site and get back to me
thanks bud.. i downloaded it:cheesygrinsmiley:

Where are your roots?
Why is the water level so high?
What is your humidity?
The reason I suggest to you half strengh on your nutes was because of the burning issues you had last grow bro.
Foxfarm is a good nute, has alot of organic so you can run a little higher but I personally would not go over 1200ppm
At 2000ppm? No way, not for a beginner grower. Racefan has a lot of experience but I think he forgets that alot of our members are novice to intermediate growers lol.
I could be wrong but I never used a organic fert. Always General Hydroponics.
I have tried many times to get it over 1400ppm and I always burned the ends when I did.
If you are going to raise the ppm, do it in small increments.
Good luck, I will check back on this post tomorrow.

Urdedpal said:
Where are your roots?
Why is the water level so high?
What is your humidity?
The reason I suggest to you half strengh on your nutes was because of the burning issues you had last grow bro.
Foxfarm is a good nute, has alot of organic so you can run a little higher but I personally would not go over 1200ppm
At 2000ppm? No way, not for a beginner grower. Racefan has a lot of experience but I think he forgets that alot of our members are novice to intermediate growers lol.
I could be wrong but I never used a organic fert. Always General Hydroponics.
I have tried many times to get it over 1400ppm and I always burned the ends when I did.
Good luck, I will check back on this post tomorrow.
thanks for the reply.. the only thing i'm confused where should the water level supose's be.. should the netpot be 1\2 under the water or should the water be just under the netpot not touching water of the netpot? i hope this make since to u? lol i really need ur help on this.. p.s this plant is dieing!! as soon as the pic approve maybe u can help with it.. looking ugly:-(

The water should not touch the net bro. I tell you what, if you give us the comeplete story of the plant, tell me why the roots are not growing thru your basket, and exactly how old your plant is I will make a detailed thread about DWC (deep water culture). That is the hydroponic method you are using.
If that is a clone you did not root it long enough. I saw your pics in the gallery and it looks like your plant might have root rot.

Urdedpal said:
The water should not touch the net bro. I tell you what, if you give us the comeplete story of the plant, tell me why the roots are not growing thru your basket, and exactly how old your plant is I will make a detailed thread about DWC (deep water culture). That is the hydroponic method you are using.
If that is a clone you did not root it long enough. I saw your pics in the gallery and it looks like your plant might have root rot.
thanks urd,, ok let try this.. lol.. this is a clone that i had in dirt.it was about 2mons old and about 10"tall i took it out of the dirt and washed it real good.. i put it my homeade dwc, i laid the roots down in the the netpot real easy and i put the clayballs around it.. the roots was about 12 to 13" long. i filled my bucket up with some good ph water and use fox farm tiger bloom 10tsp and 15tsp of big bloom then i check the ppm it was 1000 and my ph was 5.7.. when i filled the 5g bucket it was about inch above the bottom of the netpot.. moreless roots where under water.. i was told to let the netpot set in the water.. at first i had a 1000w hps in there and the temp of the water was 80 degrees come to find out it was way to hott,so i was useing ice cubes to cool it down,but that only work for a few.. i could'nt keep it down so i through my 400w hps and my water temp stays at 72 74 degrees now room temp is down to 73 degrees. so i'm leaving the 400 hps in for good.. the water isant touching the root now.. if it's root rot is the plant done for? like i said in earler post i hoped this make some kind of since to u. so let me know what u come up with.. thanks..

well now that I see the leaves you need to raise your light some and leave your PPM's where it's at. You need to let the plant recover now and grow some roots. water temp at 72-74 is still a tad too high IMO. The cooler the water the more disolved oxygen it can hold. That means more oxygen to your root system which is a good thing. Especially right now with it not being well.
There are 2 different trains of thought about the air gap between the net pots and the nutrient. I'm not going to say either one is best. I've grown with a air gap and without with great success. But...considering your nutrient temp I would suggest a air gap of because your nutrient temps are reducing the amount of oxygen available to the roots. a air gap will help with that. Don't worry the air bubbles popping under the net pots from your air pump should provide plenty of moisture for your baby.
1 more thing. Cleanliness is next to godliness in the growing world. Soil all over the floor and rotting leaves lieing around invite fungus and insects into your room. In post #12 above I see soil and dead leaves all over the floor. That is not a good thing. If you don't have rust, your inviting it by not cleaning as you should. Now I'm not trying to embarrass you or piss you off. Just trying to help you with what I see wrong or with what needs to be fixed.

urdedpal said:

lol I've been as high as 2800 ppms without a problem. But thats not a suggestion for anyone else to go that high. Only raise your PPM's as high as your plants can handle.

urdedpal said:
That is excellent advice and should be followed by all growers. Hydro and soil. Increase until the tips start to burn then back of a hair and hold right there is how I grew for years. I never had a PPM or PH meter until about 5 years ago. All done by feel and visuals.

thanks for the reply race:cheesygrinsmiley: it make since to me now,but one thing i have to ask can a plant recover from root rot? thanks:peace: p.s. i will clean the room i did'nt think it would hurt but now i do..

a little update= since i lowered the water level my roots r starting to reach for the water:headbanger: hopefully it will make it:cheesygrinsmiley: thanks URD AND RACE for leading in the right direction:adore: :adore:

>>>>>I've been as high as 2800 ppms without a problem. >>>>
If you were at 2800ppm, your meter was faulty.
Even 2000 is way beyond reality.
better check again.

>>>>>
well now that I see the leaves you need to raise your light some and leave your PPM's where it's at. You need to let the plant recover now and grow some roots. water temp at 72-74 is still a tad too high IMO. The cooler the water the more disolved oxygen it can hold. That means more oxygen to your root system which is a good thing. Especially right now with it not being well.
There are 2 different trains of thought about the air gap between the net pots and the nutrient. I'm not going to say either one is best. I've grown with a air gap and without with great success. But...considering your nutrient temp I would suggest a air gap of because your nutrient temps are reducing the amount of oxygen available to the roots. a air gap will help with that. Don't worry the air bubbles popping under the net pots from your air pump should provide plenty of moisture for your baby.
1 more thing. Cleanliness is next to godliness in the growing world. Soil all over the floor and rotting leaves lieing around invite fungus and insects into your room. In post #12 above I see soil and dead leaves all over the floor. That is not a good thing. If you don't have rust, your inviting it by not cleaning as you should. Now I'm not trying to embarrass you or piss you off. Just trying to help you with what I see wrong or with what needs to be fixed.

lol I've been as high as 2800 ppms without a problem. But thats not a suggestion for anyone else to go that high. Only raise your PPM's as high as your plants can handle.

That is excellent advice and should be followed by all growers. Hydro and soil. Increase until the tips start to burn then back of a hair and hold right there is how I grew for years. I never had a PPM or PH meter until about 5 years ago. All done by feel and visuals.

Back
Top Bottom