samples

KaBloom

I received a few samples today and would like some input from my pot peers. First off . I am a complete newbie and this is my first grow. I currently have 2 candy kush autos that just popped in soil. They currently reside in solo cups in some crap soil. They will be going into ffof once they establish some roots. Anyway, the first 2 samples were from the Anderson's & they are Humic DG & Black Gypsum DG. They seem to soil addidtives but I have no clue if they ate something I should be using for 1 & #2 how to use them??? The second samples are from American hydro. They are Supernova, Dark Energy & Supercharger. The first 2 are 4oz liquids & the superchargers are 4 capsules.Dark energy is a performance additive containing amino acids, vitamins& bionutrients. Supernova is a sseaweed extract. Supercharger is a vitamin packed supplant. I also have 3 otherthings on hand. Neptune's harvest seaweed plant food 0-0-1( is this the same as the supernova basically?) , spray n grow , and miracle grow liquifeed 12-4-8. I know the fox farms ocean forest has enough nutes for the first 3-4 weeks , but after that is there a schedule you guys could recommend with what I have here? Thank as always!!!:thanks:

Not sure on the nutes your using. I never used them. I do use Fox ocean on them. The one thing I just wanted to throw in on the post was on autos that I have grown. I found it best not to transplant them to seed them straight in the pot they are going to finish in. If you stress the by transplanting it will stump final yield. Sorry I can not help with your nutes.

I received a few samples today and would like some input from my pot peers. First off . I am a complete newbie and this is my first grow. I currently have 2 candy kush autos that just popped in soil. They currently reside in solo cups in some crap soil. They will be going into ffof once they establish some roots. Anyway, the first 2 samples were from the Anderson's & they are Humic DG & Black Gypsum DG. They seem to soil addidtives but I have no clue if they ate something I should be using for 1 & #2 how to use them??? The second samples are from American hydro. They are Supernova, Dark Energy & Supercharger. The first 2 are 4oz liquids & the superchargers are 4 capsules.Dark energy is a performance additive containing amino acids, vitamins& bionutrients. Supernova is a sseaweed extract. Supercharger is a vitamin packed supplant. I also have 3 otherthings on hand. Neptune's harvest seaweed plant food 0-0-1( is this the same as the supernova basically?) , spray n grow , and miracle grow liquifeed 12-4-8. I know the fox farms ocean forest has enough nutes for the first 3-4 weeks , but after that is there a schedule you guys could recommend with what I have here? Thank as always!!!:thanks:

Here is a product description for Humic DG

"Humic DG

A homogeneous dispersing granule that combines pure, dry humate and humic acid precursor, Humic DG provides all of the proven benefits of humic and fulvic acids in an easy-to-use product. For a quick introduction, watch the video below.
[video=youtube;valWsUC4Ou0]
[/video]

We combined pure, dry humate with our patented dispersing granule (DG) process to create a spherical granule that contains thousands of micro sized humate particles. Within a few minutes after watering, these micro sized Humic DG particles dissolve into the soil, immediately going to work to improve nutrient efficiency and soil conditions.

Humic DG is biological, dispersible, spreadable and blendable.

Biological
Humic DG contains 4 biologically active components; humic acid precursor, fulvic acid, humic acid and humin. These components range from very soluble to completely insoluble in soil media, working together to provide the soil with a broad range of biological benefits, from plant available fulvic acids to the insoluble, high nutrient holding capacity of humin. Learn more about the biological components of Humic DG here.

Dispersible
The "magic" in Humic DG and Black Gypsum DG is the dispersing granule (DG) technology, which serves to enhance humate distribution. Upon contact with water, each DG granule disperses into thousands of micro particles, which move directly into the root zone and begin working to improve the health and quality of your turf, crop or plant.

Spreadable
Humic DG's uniform, spherical granules allow for ease of spreading through all standard application equipment.

While competitive humic acid products are non-uniform and dusty, Humic DG's granules are uniform, spherical and dust-free.

Clean, uniform and dust free granules are easy to apply as a straight product or as part of a fertilizer blend.
Humic DG contains a high concentration of organic carbon sources in a self-incorporating form.
Engineered granules are highly uniform in size, with a UI of 40+.
Compared to liquid humates, Humic DG provides more organic carbon, resulting in a more efficient application, saving time and money.
A 40 lb/acre rate of Humic DG provides 20x more organic carbon (humic substances) than a typical liquid humate at 2 gal/acre.

Blendable
Humic DG's granules are unique among dry humate products in their ability to be blended with most fertilizer components, including urea.

240 SGN (2.4 mm) sizing closely matches sizing of most fertilizer components.
Ultra dry granules contain only 7-9% moisture, allowing for a dry, free flowing product and enhancing stability of the blend.
Humic DG granules are engineered to resist attrition in handling and blending. With an RTA of 90%, Humic DG is superior to mined humates, and results in dust-free, free-flowing blends.

Blending Downloads
Humic DG — Best Use Practices and FAQs for Blending
Humic DG — Blender Agreement and Guidelines

While other products are dusty, messy, non-uniform and difficult to handle, Humic DG's highly engineered granules are clean, dust-free and very easy to handle. With a low moisture content and a resistance to breakage during handling, Humic DG is the most efficient way to deliver to your plants the humic acid they need."

The product description for the Black Gypsum DG

"Black Gypsum DG is a dry, dispersing granular product, and is composed of 70% gypsum and 30% humate. In addition to generous amounts of calcium (12%) and sulfur (8.9%), Black Gypsum DG delivers 21% humic acid in every application.

I am often asked: "Why Black Gypsum DG over other types of standard gypsum?"

First, our gypsum source is calcium sulfate di-hydrate (CaSO4·2H2O), which is more water soluble than the anhydrite form (CaSO4) because it has two extra water molecules. These extra molecules make calcium and sulfur more quickly available to the plant — as soon as Black Gypsum DG enters the soil solution.
Along with the dispersing granule technology and the di-hydrate form of calcium, a plant receiving a Black Gypsum DG application can begin utilizing the nutrients in hours, rather than in days or weeks, as with the the anhydrite form.
The quick-acting humate found in Black Gypsum DG provides further chelating of applied and existing nutrients, increasing their availability to the plant.
Applying gypsum and humate jointly also helps to improve soil structure.

Also like its "older brother" Humic DG, Black Gypsum DG contains two forms of organic carbon available to the plant: a plant derived carbon source and a bio-organic derived source. Together, these two sources of organic carbon have been shown to increase soil carbon, chelate macro and micro nutrients, increase CEC and stimulate beneficial soil biology.

With irrigation or precipitation, Black Gypsum DG, with its Dispersing Granule (DG) Technology, delivers calcium and sulfur directly into the soil, without changing soil pH.

Here are some other Black Gypsum highlights:

Contains two naturally-occuring materials in one, homogenous prill
Acts as a flushing agent for soils with high salt levels
Increases soil CEC to improve nutrient performance
Relieves soil compaction

Let's Talk Economics
Black Gypsum DG applied at 10 lbs/acre in-furrow provides 2x the humic acid as 1 gallon of 12% liquid humic acid for about two thirds less the cost. Pound for pound, Black Gypsum DG provides more available humic acid than most liquid humic acids.

Calcium, sulfur and 2x the amount of applied humic acid as a 12% liquid humic acid product – what's not to love?! Black Gypsum DG offers economics and agronomics in one, homogenous package."

Here is the application rate for Humic DG

"Application Rates For horticultural applications, we recommend the following application rates:

Trees, Shrubs (per tree or shrub): 2-8 oz. | 60-230 g
Ornamentals and Bedding Pants: 1-2 lbs./1000 ft2 | 5-10 g/m2
Potting Soils (of potting mix): Mix 2-10 lbs./yd3 | 1.5-6.0 kg/m3"

Back
Top Bottom