Supernova Feminized Hydro

Oregon.Hippie

This is my first journal. 2nd grow. I tried to start this thread before reading ALL the suggestions and decided to scap that try and redo it correctly. Thank you for reading this. I JUST got my medical card and prior to that I only did outdoor guerilla stuff.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Facts:

Q: What strain is it?
A: 2 strains. 6 supernova feminized I will be germinating from seed and 6 unknown indica I will post photos of.

Q: Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
A: pre-Veg baby. Gonna start from embryo

Q: Indoor or outdoor?
A: Indoor hydro system I built myself

Q: Grow medium?
A: Rockwool soaked in a 5.5 solution for 2 hours.

Q: Size of light?
A: Veg is 1 - 1000 watt metal halide
Flower is 4 - 1000 watt HPS

Q: Is it aircooled?
A: No

Q: Temp of Room/cab?
A: 76 degrees when lights are on and down to about 68 in darkness.

Q: Relative Humidity of Room/cab?
A; Unknown. Sorry no measuring device. Any suggestions? I can say its fairly humid. Windows fog quite a bit.

Q: PH of media or res?
A: 6.5 at all times

Q: Any Pests ?
A: none so far.

Q: How often are you watering?
A: every six hours for 10 minutes by timer.

Q: Type and strength of ferts used?
A: The brand is General Hydroponics.
Veg: FloraMicro 5-0-1........... 2 capfulls fer 5 gallons
FloraGro 2-1-6............. 2 capfulls per 5 gallons
floraBloom 0-5-4...............2 capfulls per 5 gallons

Flower: Same 3 but slowly increase the 2nd and 3rd chemicals incrementally. I will elaborate when we get to the flower stage.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I am going to grow 12 plants in a hydro setup I built myself. Half will be clones from my first crop. Its a strain I am not sure exactly what it is. Maybe someone can help. All I can really tell you is its indica for sure. Grew real quick and the buds right now have a very sweet piney smell. Sorry about the lousy photo quality.

Day 37 b
day_37_b.jpg

The other 6 plants I am bringing up from seed. I bought 10 feminized Supernova and I am going to germinate them in soil as opposed to the paper towel or jar of water method. any thoughts are welcome.

Here is a picture of the Supernova provided by the seedbank as well as their description:

Supernova feminized:
supernova.jpg

PLANT INFORMATION :
Quantity : 10 seeds
Type : Indica
Climate : indoor - outdoor
Yield : 400 gr/m2
Height : 40 - 80 cm
Flowering period : 8 weeks
Harvest : September
Stoned or High : Best for medicinal use
THC level : 25%
Grow Difficulty : Moderate

I will be using a foxfarm seedling soil to germinate them.

starter_soil_1.jpg

starter_soil_2.jpg

Small jiffy pots to hold the soil:

pots4.jpg

Heres my clone / seed sprout area:

junior_room_2.jpg

3 grow lux tubes from Wal-Mart. 10 bucks apiece.

Dome for cuttings:

junior_room_1.jpg

Heated pad for seedlings:

seed_mat.jpg

I am going to do some modifications to both my veg and flower areas. I will post before and after picks real soon. I need to buy some materials first.

Thanks for reading and all comments and suggestions are welcome and wanted.

O.H.

Heya Oregon.Hippie. Congrats on starting your journal. I see some of the posts here disappeared as well so I'm not sure what anybody else has posted so far. I just had one quick question for you about your germination. Any particular reason you are starting in soil then transitioning to hydro instead of germinating in the rockwool? Just wondering because you might need to wash the soil off of the roots.

Heya Oregon.Hippie. Congrats on starting your journal. I see some of the posts here disappeared as well so I'm not sure what anybody else has posted so far. I just had one quick question for you about your germination. Any particular reason you are starting in soil then transitioning to hydro instead of germinating in the rockwool? Just wondering because you might need to wash the soil off of the roots.

Thanks for askin. First off Im a total novice. This is only my second indoor grow. I tried germinating before in rockwool and it was dismal. Ive germinated in soil lots of times and had great results. I wasnt aware it would be a problem just popping the dirt plugs straight into the rockwool. its less than a cup of dirt and I thought the rockwool would filter the nutes through and leave the dirt in place.

Plus I have all my buckets screened at the drain holes.

I am open to ideas. Anybody wanna chime in? My seeds should be arriving any day.

Most people don't want to mix soil with hydro as what you're doing is getting your solution dirty with soil...most people use rockwool or something similar when growing in hydro.

hmmmmm...............

This is why I come here and why I love this place. Ok. Heres what I can do. I will scrap the idea of germinating in dirt. I will do the paper towel method. After they sprout I will put em in the round spongey deals I use for the clones. After they sprout Ill use tweezers and gently place them sprout down a half inch into the medium.

Heres the critical factor though........ distilled water? 1/3 strength starter solution? Ive never done this and these damn seeds werent cheap.

I suppose I could practice on seeds I already have.

Ideas?

Hi Oregan.hippie

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom