Saved dying seedlings

fatboy578

Someone asked me to tell this story so here it goes. I started what was my first grow. I bought all good products. Led lights, Viparspectra par 700, in a 3x3 Gorilla tent with height extension. I started my seedlings in Rapid Rooters. 3 seeds I germinated. Gorilla Glue. These were to be put into my RDWC system I built. When the seedlings started to die I thought if I put them into nutes now they will definitely die. They were leggy as I had the lighting way to high. I forgot to check the PH, when I germinated them as I soaked them in tap water and when I watered them in the Rapid Rooter cubes I forgot to check the PH. It just hit me one night on what I did wrong. I could not believe I could do something so stupid. The seeds fell over and the 2 leaves on both seedlings had yellow on them. 1 seedling did die as I started with 3. When I showed them to my wife she said they look dead. I just said I will not let these die. I realized I had an unopened bag off Miracle Grow with compost potting mix. No extended fertilizers at all. I added some Vermiculite and Perlite to the Miracle Grow. I then took 2 clay pots and cleaned and scrubbed them and sanitized them as I was afraid the mold on them not much but you know how clay pots get would fester and destroy the plants. I transplanted them into the pots watered them right away, bottled water as I needed all the help I could get. I set my lights at 20 % red, 80% white and 80% blue. I left them alone but checked on them a lot as the plants had to be held up or the just fell over. Well it has been almost 3 weeks and I am so proud that I who knew nothing saved 2 seedlings that were on deaths door and now I have to transplant them thy are getting so big. There is not a yellow spot to be found and the leaves well huge. One thing that made a huge difference was the 2 clip on fans I clipped to the tubes of the tent. I had air blowing on the plants not hard but gentle as I read that will not only strengthen the stems but keep the plants cool and is it working. I just started yesterday giving 1/4 strength nutes from 420 their grow time fertilizer. The only problem is now I have PH of the brain meaning I will never forget to check that, and my ppm has been perfect. I have both meters. I even started pruning yesterday. Any thoughts or help is always greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• 91293042-F2ED-45BA-8662-435169B36A49.jpeg
    91293042-F2ED-45BA-8662-435169B36A49.jpeg
    583.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 76B38740-FC53-4D42-8294-D209DEAFA8C3.jpeg
    76B38740-FC53-4D42-8294-D209DEAFA8C3.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 122
Hello. I need someone help. 2 days ago I transplanted my plant from a small clay pot to a 3 gallon fabric pot. I was just looking at them and I thought wow that soil looks dry thinking it is just the top. Well, I lifted it by the handles and it is light as air. When I watered it I did so until water seeped out the bottom but it never sat in water. I have one of those meters you push deep in the soil to get a reading which I did and all 4 areas showed dry. I read in a few places that if you have to water in 2 days it is time to transplant. Is this normal with a fabric pot. I am just so surprised it needs water so soon. Any thoughts? Thank you

Right after transplanting, water them. Don't water them too much, or too little. You should buy Superthrive, and add In half a teaspoon per gallon of water. It helps with transplant shock, and Is a hormone with many vitamins that are good for plants. I would feed nutrients In about 1 week after doing this. Also, do that with every transplant.

Here are my girls looking absolutely beautiful. To think these were on deaths door and I just switched to the flower stage. From what I have heard this is when issues can arise. Still feeding nutrients for the vegetative stage. Will switch fertilizers to flowertime from 420. Love their nutrients.

Attachments

• 560A3BA7-2416-4EF2-95DC-84C38CE480C9.jpeg
    560A3BA7-2416-4EF2-95DC-84C38CE480C9.jpeg
    720.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 724DFF18-2FE4-49C1-9A2D-D0740923F0AD.jpeg
    724DFF18-2FE4-49C1-9A2D-D0740923F0AD.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 113
Right after transplanting, water them. Don't water them too much, or too little. You should buy Superthrive, and add In half a teaspoon per gallon of water. It helps with transplant shock, and Is a hormone with many vitamins that are good for plants. I would feed nutrients In about 1 week after doing this. Also, do that with every transplant.
Hi Rain Man, got a question. You said to give nutrients until about a week after transplant. My question is, do I switch to the flowertime fertilizer after that? This is what I planned on doing but if I am wrong I want to know. If you saw these plants as seedlings you would be amazed that these are the same plants. Gorilla Glue.

Hi Rain Man, got a question. You said to give nutrients until about a week after transplant. My question is, do I switch to the flowertime fertilizer after that? This is what I planned on doing but if I am wrong I want to know. If you saw these plants as seedlings you would be amazed that these are the same plants. Gorilla Glue.
Yes, go straight to your transition/blooming nutrients. Always go transition/blooming nutrients once you know the sex of your plant. She will In the long run, grow buds faster, grow more of them, and grow bigger buds. It's about timing, just like topping, quadlining, and training.

Yes, go straight to your transition/blooming nutrients. Always go transition/blooming nutrients once you know the sex of your plant. She will In the long run, grow buds faster, grow more of them, and grow bigger buds. It's about timing, just like topping, quadlining, and training.
Thank you. I buy seeds from 420 and I buy the feminized seeds. Being that I know these plants are female already should I keep to that same schedule or alter it a little?

I would water her every 3 days, and feed her the the same day, and continue that schedule. For her size I would feed her 3 teaspoons of nutrients per gallon of water, and water her with 2 gallons of water until harvest, 2 weeks before harvest you should begin flushing.

I would water her every 3 days, and feed her the the same day, and continue that schedule. For her size I would feed her 3 teaspoons of nutrients per gallon of water, and water her with 2 gallons of water until harvest, 2 weeks before harvest you should begin flushing.
Thank you very much, this is my first grow and it is getting pretty excited. I do not want to cause problems now. I have not been feeding them nearly enough. The amount of water they take seems almost impossible but they drink it.

Back
Top Bottom