SCROG Training question

jakej941

When training an indica dominant strain under the screen do you keep it close to the screen untill after the stretch and then let it grow vertical? Is there still enough vertical growth after the stretch to make sure the buds are all above the screen? Thanks

I usually don't flip to 12/12 until the screen is 3/4 full to full. At that point all of those small branches running under the screen will shoot upwords during the stretch.. you will get a really nice harvest this way, you can even go longer and let your plants grow up through the screen a little, but you may have to defoliate heavily if it gets too crowded. 3/4 full is generally the rule it seems before 12/12

I usually don't flip to 12/12 until the screen is 3/4 full to full. At that point all of those small branches running under the screen will shoot upwords during the stretch.. you will get a really nice harvest this way, you can even go longer and let your plants grow up through the screen a little, but you may have to defoliate heavily if it gets too crowded. 3/4 full is generally the rule it seems before 12/12
Hi, thanks for the reply. I will make sure my screen is 3/4 full before I flip to 12/12. My question is do you keep pulling branches back through the holes and training under the screen for the whole 2 week stretch period or do you stop training halfway through and let them go up. I am concerned about training them for too long and then not having enough vertical growth to get all the buds well above the screen. Do they keep growing higher even after the stretch? Thanks

i usually leave them alone for a few days b4fore i plan to switch into 12/12 that way when they stretch everything is for the most part is above the screen

Back
Top Bottom