ScrOG

The_Viper

Im thinking about doing a ScrOG grow for my next plant but I cant seem to find and info on it on here or online. Does anyone have any pictures or good info on this method?

If you know any forums in here that i might have missed that might have info on ScrOG let me know.

This would be my second grow ever is this a method i should try or should i wait for a few more trys?:bongrip:

I must be having problems with the seach feature, cause i typed in ScrOG and it didnt even find that word in the website.

if you look into my gallery you will see several scrog photos. I've done several scrog grows and have a specific way of doing it with flowering clones that seems to give a scrog grow huge yields with extreme branching and bud sites.
What info are you specifically looking for?

harvest_day.JPG

Well from what i seen you just let your plant grow till it hits the screen, but i heard some people use twist ties and some dont. And i also know i have to chop off lower branches but i dont know when to do that our what ones fo sho to get rid of.

Well you have the basic idea down but there is a lot more to it than that. Your screen should be high enough to allow access for watering, training and pruning. 10 inches is where I set mine. Some do it shorter some do it higher. It's up to you. The higher you set it the longer you veg. You don't trim any branches really until you have to. The idea is to fill the screen to about 40% or so. I don't use twist ties I just continue to position the branches so that the bud sites are lined up with holes. Once you've filled the screen to 40% or so you flip the lights to 12/12. Once you are close to flipping is when you trim the lower branches. Anything not close to touching the screen is cut. You might have to trim for access to other plants if growing more than one as well. Here is a base from a SCROG grow.
flowered_clone.JPG

The plant was a clone taken from a plant 21 days into flowering. The reason it was taken at 21 days is because it's a technique I was taught to have a perpetual harvest using clones without keeping a mother plant.
What else? I know I missing something here. :grinjoint:

Well we are using a small grow dresser (can see under my gallery) and were looking to have two plants. Can we grow them out of two liter bottles? Its so they grow bushy and no upwards.

2 liter bottles? An old timer grower once told me that bud mass is almost always equal to root mass. Not sure if it's true as I never challenged it. It sounded great to me so I followed it. As for whether you can grow out of 2 liter bottles. Well yes but yield will be small. I've grown and flowered in a dixie cup.lol Ended up with a popsickle sized cola that weighed just over a 1/8 ounce. Also growing out of a liter bottle will not guarantee a short statured plant. Genetics or training does that.

how many lumens is needed for two plants? and if we were to cut a whole in the bottom of the dresser and have a fan infront so it pulls in fresh air and blows it out a whole in the top? would that work, i dont want to get a computer fan cause its more money to hook it up and im short on money.

You know I can't remember the basic ratio for watts per square foot or lumens per square foot but I bet there is someone else on here who does. IMO the more light the better but you have to be able to control the enviroment or else the plants won't survive and you will be running your lights and using electricity for nothing. What are the dimensions of your dresser you plan on using?
PC fans run off 12 volt DC adapters. You can use a lower wattage adapter but it will run the fan slower and shorten the life. The adapter I'm talking about is like those used to power your answering machine or recharge your bateries for your drill. You know...the square boxes that plug into the wall. You just get one that has a output as close to 12 volts DC as you can. Don't worry about crossing the wires. The fan will only run if you hook up the wires right so if you hook it up and it doesn't spin reverse the wires.

Sweet, thanks for all the great info Racefan. the dresser is 4 feet tall 3 feet wide and 2 feet deep.

Your picture looks like a hydro grow, is soil and hydro ScrOG the same?

No problem. It's what I'm here for.lol The only difference is growth is a little slower in soil IMO. Everything else is the same. I'm hoping someone else will chime in with the proper lumen to square foot rule of thumb for a 6 square foot grow so that we can determine the best amount of lighting for you. If you took the bottom out of the dresser would it still be light tight? In order to flower cannabis you need a light tight room. Very little if any light should reach the plants when in 12/12 or they won't flower.

Yes, we already have the bottom of it out. we dont have a solid front to it, but we have the back on it and its held close by a black case that goes all around.

Here is the dresser
Dresser4.jpg

Our buds never really got any bigger then this, im thinking its cause we didnt have enough light.
Top_Cola.JPG

"Average is 2000 lumens per square foot." Sexy Vexy.

Right now i have 3 daylight cfls that have 2,520 lumes and one soft white that does 1200 lumens.

I was thinking about doing 10,000 lumens next time, hopefully we get bigger buds.

That brings it back. Minimum of 2000 lumens per square foot sounds about right. I believe 4000 lumens was optimum. Yes I can say for sure that the more light the bigger the buds. Nice green plants. Too bad the buds didn't get bigger. Still...any bud is better than no bud.lol Boss is right. It did stretch a lot. Keep your lights as close to the plants as possible to reduce the space between internodes. Floros should be between 2 and 4 inches from plants at all times.

Yeah but we cant smoke it :( it plant died yesterday and we chopped it up to dry but i dont think there was enough thc in it to get a high, the buds are super small.

Back
Top Bottom