Scrubbing air in my AC'd tent

cipher05

420 Member
If I have a 5 by 5 tent with a 6"x24" phresh filter and 6" hyperfan w/ controller, but also a portable ac sitting in the tent exhausted out of the tent and room - what is the best way to scrub the exhaust air of smells?

I've dumped small bits of ona gel in the ac exhaust when the smell got out of control (could smell it strong from the street) for a few weeks during the last flower phase.

Is the carbon filter and fan even doing anything for smell? Is what I have efficient? I'm seeing I've got two exhausts now and not sure if that's right. I imagine when lights out they're working for smell b/c the ac is timed to cut off, but once the lights and ac kicks on.. and I'm 5-6 weeks in flower how would i scrub that hot dank ac exhaust air?

Hmmmm, quite the predicament you in.. Sounds like your using a good carbon filter but that portable AC is exhausting stinky air. I think the easiest solution would be to move the ac outside your tent. You could use it to cool the entire room or use ducting to control the flow of cool air in to you tent. I run a window ac unit that keeps the entire room at 74, this temp keeps my tent at 81 during lights on and I use the same size fan and filter as you with zero smell issues.. If moving the ac outside of your tent isn't a option then your going to need another carbon filter and fan. This I just a idea but you could exhaust you ac into a box with a carbon filter inside and another fan to pull air out the window. This would solve your smell issues but moving the ac would be easier. Also check the ducting inside your tent for air leaks and holes.. also check your inline fans for leaks. Mine came with some mounting legs I didn't use and the holes where the screws go were sucking stinky air into my exhaust system.. easy fix with tape

Hope that helps and best of luck..

Back
Top Bottom