Searching for the right spot

Dirtdemon

might as well start from the beginning. A couple years ago a buddy and I were out mushroom picking and come by the perfect spot for a garden of eden like just perfect. South facing bank, water within 100 yards. Not much prep work. I went to scope the area out before carrying in everything. I get there and there is 32 holes dug, about 7 to 10 g. Huge sad face. He beat me to the spot. So today is fill the truck and start my search all over again.

Was this your buddy's work, or some random stranger?

Did you leave a young plant in one of his dug holes (and fill it in with appropriate soil) just to screw with the person, lol?

The helicopters are fierce enough around here that a grouping of 32 plants would probably be raided. Especially since the grower has dug that many holes and left them open (overnight? couple of days? a week? who knows... :rolleyes: ) . A LEO would probably think, "Gee, that's odd behavior for a ground hog. Hmm..." - and then hit the "store waypoint" button on his/her handy/dandy GPS device for later observation (and possibly on-the-ground observation).

Was this your buddy's work, or some random stranger?

Did you leave a young plant in one of his dug holes (and fill it in with appropriate soil) just to screw with the person, lol?

The helicopters are fierce enough around here that a grouping of 32 plants would probably be raided. Especially since the grower has dug that many holes and left them open (overnight? couple of days? a week? who knows... :rolleyes: ) . A LEO would probably think, "Gee, that's odd behavior for a ground hog. Hmm..." - and then hit the "store waypoint" button on his/her handy/dandy GPS device for later observation (and possibly on-the-ground observation).
It was my friend I talked to him today. I didn’t mention that I put a 100lbs rock in one of his holes hehe.
Around here we don’t have to worry about choppers until August even then I’m not sure that they even search around here. i Have never heard of a outdoor crop getting busted locally. But I found a decent spot only down fall is I have to carry water way further than I would like. I’m hoping my old body can handle it.

Oh, to be rid of the helicopters <SHAKES FIST TOWARDS SKY>, lol. Years ago (and in another jurisdiction), I once had a LEO - who was a K9 officer, with dog :rolleyes: - read me the riot act because my grow was "stinking up the entire building, including the three businesses in the front of it, and the parking lot, and you need to either stop growing or DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SMELL!!!" This probably took a good 15 minutes - and, afterwards, he walked around front to one of the businesses, bought his Sunday newspaper, came back, got into his cruiser, and left. Yes, I got (very) lucky that day.

People don't get lucky breaks like that when helicopters are involved. In fact, someone from the local television station's news department generally shows up to watch.

LMFAO at the 100-pound rock. You know, he'll probably expect you to help him with that (actually, he'll probably just backfill that hole when he digs a new one, I suppose) - but it's still funny.

Re: Carrying water... IF you have a source of flowing water (river or a decent stream/creek), you can go "pioneer style" and set up a water-powered pump of sorts. It won't lift water a huge amount, but it can lift it a bit (and go quite a ways on a more or less horizontal run). Like a hydraulic ram, I guess, but simple.

I think it's okay to post on-topic Youtube videos in regular threads (staff/moderators: If not, I apologize for doing so). Here's one that illustrates it. And, as simple as it is, they made them even simpler 200+ years ago, lol. Oh, and if you follow the build illustrated in the video, don't use black iron pipe/fittings (FFS!) - that's for gas line and will, of course, rust. The comparable water pipe material is galvanized (and expensive) instead of merely painted black. Copper, plastic, et cetera works fine. Actually, the black iron will work, but it seems silly to use it on something that'll be wet 100% of the time (and that you might wish to use for... many years).

The simplest version I can think of would be a funnel placed with the big end placed upstream and a hose attached to the small end. That won't flow much (depending on the water source's current/flow rate), but it does illustrate how little is really needed. If you want to get fancy, you could set up a valve operated by a solar-powered timer, either watering your plants directly or filling up a reservoir. Lots of possibilities from "put together in a few minutes" to the... insane.

Oh, to be rid of the helicopters <SHAKES FIST TOWARDS SKY>, lol. Years ago (and in another jurisdiction), I once had a LEO - who was a K9 officer, with dog :rolleyes: - read me the riot act because my grow was "stinking up the entire building, including the three businesses in the front of it, and the parking lot, and you need to either stop growing or DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SMELL!!!" This probably took a good 15 minutes - and, afterwards, he walked around front to one of the businesses, bought his Sunday newspaper, came back, got into his cruiser, and left. Yes, I got (very) lucky that day.

People don't get lucky breaks like that when helicopters are involved. In fact, someone from the local television station's news department generally shows up to watch.

LMFAO at the 100-pound rock. You know, he'll probably expect you to help him with that (actually, he'll probably just backfill that hole when he digs a new one, I suppose) - but it's still funny.

Re: Carrying water... IF you have a source of flowing water (river or a decent stream/creek), you can go "pioneer style" and set up a water-powered pump of sorts. It won't lift water a huge amount, but it can lift it a bit (and go quite a ways on a more or less horizontal run). Like a hydraulic ram, I guess, but simple.

I think it's okay to post on-topic Youtube videos in regular threads (staff/moderators: If not, I apologize for doing so). Here's one that illustrates it. And, as simple as it is, they made them even simpler 200+ years ago, lol. Oh, and if you follow the build illustrated in the video, don't use black iron pipe/fittings (FFS!) - that's for gas line and will, of course, rust. The comparable water pipe material is galvanized (and expensive) instead of merely painted black. Copper, plastic, et cetera works fine. Actually, the black iron will work, but it seems silly to use it on something that'll be wet 100% of the time (and that you might wish to use for... many years).

The simplest version I can think of would be a funnel placed with the big end placed upstream and a hose attached to the small end. That won't flow much (depending on the water source's current/flow rate), but it does illustrate how little is really needed. If you want to get fancy, you could set up a valve operated by a solar-powered timer, either watering your plants directly or filling up a reservoir. Lots of possibilities from "put together in a few minutes" to the... insane.
That was very informative, I like that set up thanks for sharing.

Lol well my friend found the big boulder I put in one of his holes. He called last night calling me several choice names. I love it when a plan comes together.

Two years ago my co-conspirator here in Ohio, we put 50 out in the corn behind his home, way back behind. He put 3 in pots in his 5 acres to see how they are coming along without making a trail back into the corn. His day came in Aug he was gone but his wife was home. She called him saying a chopper landed in his driveway and cops are all over the place. Oh shit. He called me on his way home, you think there was a bit of tension. End of the next hour they wrote him a ticket for cultivation only on the 3 that they found on his lot, the 50 nothing. His day in court brought him a $150.00 dollar fine and that was it. His wife still does not speak with me, she is a non participant and never has. So I just stay away. So now my limit is 10 per field but not in that area.

Two years ago my co-conspirator here in Ohio, we put 50 out in the corn behind his home, way back behind. He put 3 in pots in his 5 acres to see how they are coming along without making a trail back into the corn.

His wife still does not speak with me

But she still talks to her husband, lol, right?

End of the next hour they wrote him a ticket for cultivation only on the 3 that they found on his lot, the 50 nothing. His day in court brought him a $150.00 dollar fine and that was it.

$50/plant fine? I hate even the thought of someone being caught and punished - but that'd almost pass for a simple tax/fee.

BtW, I've heard of some states' DMVs also nailing such people with "administrative suspensions" of their driver's license. Is that state one of those? Or did he really get off with only a $150 fine, total? I hope that was the case, of course, but am curious.

$150.00 fine total, done, no license suspension. In Ohio they did away with the license suspension on pot, due to everyone losing their job, how do you pay the government. He had no classes or required bullshit. Yes his wife speaks with him, I stay away, just because.
Out of site out of mind.

Back
Top Bottom