Second Cali Dream Grow

Re: Second Cali Dream Grow.

Just watered my indoor plants. 3 gallons between 6, 3 gallon pots. half a gallon a piece. just enough so runoff was coming out of the drainage holes. I like to water just this much so i can water more frequently.

Also was wondering. what is the deal with these credits im seeing?

I am actually trying to figure out the credit thing also, was wondering if I was having nightmares about my accounting finals or I was really seeing interest rates :smokin:

SG

They are lookin Good! Co2 vs. the sun.
Seems like the one outdoor has thickest stem, but the indoors have more leaves.
Keep it up bro!

Looks super! Love that node spacing.

"Just moved (back) to Cali PSA"
-Remember its earthquake country out here. I'd hate to think of what might happen to a hood with a gallon jug of water on it when the ground jumps and shakes...

Hey everyone!! Havnt updated in a while. Been super busy with work, but am off until friday so hopefully ill be able to catch up on everyones gardens.

It has been a busy couple days in my garden though. And there are 15 new additions
I recently, today, just picked up 15 blue dream clones from my buddy and threw the 10 healthiest inside, and the other 5 outside.
The new totals are 16 inside. 8 outside.. Not all 16 will fit inside, im just waiting to see which of the mystery plants are female. Then i will thin out the pack. IM only going to have 6 plants inside when all is said and done. The mystery males will get the axe, And the smallest Blue Dreams will go outside. Leaving 6 plants total inside, and an untold amount outside on the deck.

Lst is working out GREAT for the indoor ladies, and fed them 3 days ago with 1/4 strength FOX FARMS GROW BIG. Going to feed again tomorrow morning with 1/2 strength. Also added one more tie down to the LST today.

Originally we were going to let them go for 1 month veg but, we decided to add an extra 2 weeks to the veg schedule making total veg time 6 weeks

Anyway hope that made sense. Check out the pics

PICTURES!!
outdoor
notice the stretching on the outdoor plants? Super lengthy node spacing, and one tiny little runt. very peculiar :reading420magazine:
IMG_18933.jpg

IMG_18943.jpg

IMG_18923.jpg

and indoor
IMG_18954.jpg

IMG_18964.jpg

IMG_18983.jpg

IMG_18974.jpg

IMG_19005.jpg

IMG_18995.jpg

IMG_19014.jpg

IMG_19023.jpg

IMG_19044.jpg

IMG_19034.jpg

IMG_19063.jpg

IMG_19053.jpg

humidity is a little low, but once we water, it will rise.
IMG_19103.jpg

the clones.
IMG_19114.jpg

IMG_19127.jpg

YouTube - MVI_1907.avi

haha awesome man. its no crazy screen of green!:bravo: but should be cool. the cali dream really love a little bit of bondage and topping.
They are just about at 1month old, in 2 days. And when they hit 1month, ill most likely top them, and possibly trim a couple of the real small branches at the bottom..
I wonder how long i should wait to prune after topping? Or if it would work to go ahead and top and prune a little bit in one go?

haha awesome man. its no crazy screen of green!:bravo: but should be cool. the cali dream really love a little bit of bondage and topping.
They are just about at 1month old, in 2 days. And when they hit 1month, ill most likely top them, and possibly trim a couple of the real small branches at the bottom..
I wonder how long i should wait to prune after topping? Or if it would work to go ahead and top and prune a little bit in one go?

I topped mine very early and it has worked fine for me.This time I plan not to top and just lead th stock around the pot in a circle kinda like this @. I seen a guy do it and he had great results.I am also playing with bending the stock to make the plant do what i want it to.I accidently bent a brach really bad I thought I was gonna loose it but like 2 days later it exploded in new growth from the branch I bent and eventually the bend notted up and got very stong.The reason I am doing this instead is to avoid the 5-9 day recovery after you top them.(food for thought)

Yeah the super cropping technique. I tried that last grow and that worked so goo for me. I think i will try supercropping on one. Topping on another. and Fimming on a third. Its so fun being able to just play with different techniques and ideas

So the plants in your grow are topped right now? and supercropped?

yep yep topped and supercroped

how's it growin mes? your calidream girls look very lush and full! symmetrical. :yummy:

we have very similar setups.
what bulb you runnin in that reflector?

and if you could, give us a smoke report on the CD strain from last gro? very eager to know!
what was your flower in weeks for Cd?

see you will be using fox farm's micro nutes. openses,Beastie. in for results on these! never used them before.

my four girls at 30 days flower are starting to show 4 different phenos. 2 indica dominant(leaf structure);One of these is skunky, the other is like an sweaty armpit/sour, in a good way? lol. The two others are more sativa leafed, one a strong fruity,sweet, the other is mostly odorless and a lighter green color near the tops,almost lime green.

i made a note after harvest to jar each pheno separately.

took my first clone ever and it rooted! should have taken one from each, oops!

keep it up Mesrone!

Hey man thanks for stoppin in here.
Well right now im just running a 600 w growbright MH for veg. on a 600w switchable galaxy ballast. ill switch it to a eye horilux 600w hps for flower.
With the last grow i did some interesting things with the lighting. Kept MH for first two weeks of flower, then switched off and onn every week between the mh and hps, ending with the mh. Was interesting.
My flower time for the last crop was at about 9 weeks for the cd. jsut under on two of them...
as for a smoke report.
Well the buds werent as dense as i would have liked. i wasnt using co2 though, so hopefully with this grow i can change that. on one of the plants, the one that i supercroppe, LStd AND topped. the bud was actually dense though. I find this strain to take extremely well to manipulation whethere it be LST or topping or supercropping.
THe bud had an interesting smell, hard to explain almost, until you broke it up. Once ground up, it was the most intense fruity smell id ever smelled in a bud, and the smoke was quick setting and intense. Was def sativa dominant, all i wanted to do was go hike and run around he woods. The problem was, it was so strong, i would jsut forget what i was doing 30 minutes into it. lol. I really do like this strain. Wish there was more info on it you know?
IM bummed because i had to end m last grow after the first time, but i plan on taking clones and continuing this strain for a while. Also im vegging mine for 2 weeks longer this time around, to reall see what it can bring to the table on a longer veg cycle. IM quite excited. Should be a coo grow to watch. Going to try alot of different things with these ladies.
You should take some pics of yours man! would lvoe to see them!

sorry had a couple too many dragon joose toniht

When I read your last grow and you mentioned using mh into start flower with success, So i kept mine in for a week. great branch/budsite growth.

Sounds like one or two of my phenos is what you had last time(sweet odor). great smoke report! thanks! maybe some new phenos will show your second round?!

mes, I have posted pics back on the first or second page. I took some more today at 28 days 12/12 and they are filling out well. my gallery has a couple. I'll post here if ya want.

fwiw I tried defoliation over the last 2 weeks and this strain responds well.

ok. yeah haha sorry i had a little bit too many last night haha. wasnt quite all there int he head.
yeah post more man! your plants looked great! yeah, im going to try pruning a little bit, but with LST, im curious as to which branches i should take you know? hmmmmm. well see. i think im going to supercrop a couple and top a couple more first though before anythign else happens.
ill ost some new pictures today sometime
you will be impressed with the new growth i think.
i just lvoe this strain with LST works so god damn good

28 days 12/12 cali dream
DSC03556_cropped.JPG

this is for sure a hardy strain. I have given them all sorts of heavyand light concoctions and they drank it right up, no chance of nute lock. Ran all the fox farm basics(GB,BB,TB), Superthrive, Awesome Blossoms, ran out of fox farm 3 weeks into 12/12 and now using Hydrorganics Bloom powder(humic acid and mycocorihizae(spl?), and some pellet sized Dolomite Lime(loved this stuff) for magnesium. top it all off I have used straight tap water the whole run, never checking ph. I think if you start with decent soil, flush 'em every other week, don't go heavy on nutes they do great.

trichs are coming in too!

ok. yeah haha sorry i had a little bit too many last night haha. wasnt quite all there int he head.
yeah post more man! your plants looked great! yeah, im going to try pruning a little bit, but with LST, im curious as to which branches i should take you know? hmmmmm. well see. i think im going to supercrop a couple and top a couple more first though before anythign else happens.
ill ost some new pictures today sometime
you will be impressed with the new growth i think.
i just lvoe this strain with LST works so god damn good

I had success with doing LST during veg only. after hitting their stretch in 12/12 they would pull out any LST stakes in the soil! so I fought the girls for a week then gave up and let them stretch all they want. about doubled in height.

Also i did NO defoliation,pruning, topping/FIM, or supercropping during veg. I only took off a couple lower leaves that were yellow anyways. but i would imagine they would love some topping/fim anytime, i just like to leave all foliage alone during veg(just my 0.02)

Well, time for an update. Has been almost a week since i updated last.
The plants in the 3 gallon bags are 1month and 3 days old. And the clones are 6 days old in their new homes.
We will transplant the clones into bigger bags within the next 3-5 days. There will be room once we chuck the males that are already in the 3 gallon bbags.
Were debating what to do with the extra plants, as only 6 will fit in the closet now. Most likely they will go on the deck, or out into the real world. :)
we fed them this morning with full strength grow big. and all of the plants have at least 4 ties holding them down.
Also supercropped one of the cali dream ladies on all but her main stalk. Hope to beef up the side branches to support those colas later!

There are a couple TINY burns on the biggest fan leaf of one of the cali dreams, i think i may have splashed it with some nute water by accident. Also some burning on the clones which is weird because all we have fed them is ph water? Any ideas?
anyway. here are some pics!
IMG_20362.JPG

IMG_20353.JPG

IMG_20313.JPG

IMG_20334.JPG

IMG_20324.JPG

IMG_20304.JPG

IMG_20371.JPG

IMG_20403.JPG

IMG_20382.JPG

IMG_20394.JPG

IMG_20414.JPG