Second opinion - Older leaf showing a deficiency?

rhetorrikz

20151002_192003.jpg

hi guys i get confused easily with deficiency's i think its best to ask if unsure so we all learn. What do u think? Noticed this about 5 days ago was feeding canna classic vega and calmax @650 ppm 5.7ph have just switched to canna flores yesterday new groth is fine and doesn't seem to be showing up anymore just curious as to what you think. Thanks :420:

Can you take a picture on a less vibrant backdrop? It is really difficult to distinguish anything in you current picture. Can you take pics of any other leaves as well. I would narrow it down to zinc, boron, iron or calcium based on the limited visual information. Are you in veg or flower? Veg would be my guess and a flush would be the recommendation, 10 gallons through a 5 gallon pot, 6 gallons through a 3 gallon pot.

The color is confusing. I can't tell if that's under an led or a really dead leaf. More pics would be better. Some of other leaves showing the deficiency.

From the pattern alone it looks like Magnesium deficiency. It will show up on older growth first as yellow "stripes" between the veins and as it progresses, the leaves will yellow and brown and shrivel and die. And then.

Get yourself some cal mag or water in some Epsom salts(found in pharmacy) if it's Mg.

Early/progressing Mg deficiency:
IMG_20150924_125110.jpg

I've had the same issue under my LEDs.

I think mine was light burn, as I had 2x 300w LEDs pretty close to each other. Where the overlapped was where the worst of that browning was. Many of my leaf tips died and curled up after awhile too.

Anyone know what would be causing it? I've heard that cal/mag is like "sunscreen for plants". So could it be a cal/mag deficiency?

With the second pic I would conclude magnesium deficiency. For future inquiries could you please include your growing medium and stage of growth, the more information you provide the easier it is to diagnose problems. Thank you and good luck.

Thanks for the help lab! I had similar issues to rhet in my last grow, under LEDs, with a Hempy (perlite/vermiculite) medium. I started noticing the problem mid-late flowering. This was also the time I added more light. I tried adding more cal/mag for awhile, but it didn't seem to help much. I may not have been adding enough, and it may be something different than rhet.

Sorry, the color is a little weird, as I color-corrected the LED pictures.

f61d121_1_.jpg

And later in flowering, when they started yellowing. You can still see the red/brown patches.

f60d117_11_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom