Seed or clone?

Norcal408man

Hello 420members just thought I would like to ask you all do you think its better to start from
Seed or clone ? From what i have read on the net clones start to lose some of their potentcy n other traits once you clone themMultiple times . Or should i Jus start from Seed n clone from there until
I want to find another mother strain to clone from. I have had the hardest time trying to find a decent seed bank company that ships to the USA that carries medical grade top shelf seeds. Sorry just trying to get everything prepared for a indoor hydro grow w/ led . Any help is much appreciated thanks.

Can anyone tell me how much my bud should weight after it's dried? If i have an ounce of freshly picked wet bud about how much will it weight when it's dried?

Even though the General already provided a link that has the pros and cons weighed out, IMHO I would always want to start from a clone if the opportunity was there to do so. The simple fact of knowing that I will have a female and the genetics it came from simply outweighs the other factors for me. Destroying a male plant that you spent so much time caring for sucks way too much.

I prefer to go with seed because with clones you pretty much wind up with all the exact same smoke. With seed you get similar traits to the parents but with some variations in flavor. It really is personal preference. It can be a pain dealing with males but if you save a nice strong male and pollinate a lovely then you can end up with a ton of your own seed, stored properly can last you years. I have seen a lot of clones that grow fantastically but are no good to smoke, huge crops that may as well be bailed and fed to the cows, so make sure you get them from a trustworthy source. Personally I would order some really good seed strains, grow em up and clone your own if that is your thing.

Seeds are vigor, clones are guaranteed pheno. I like seeds for growing and clones for storing phenos. I like seeds to start full cycle, then the bud determines if clones are gonna happen. Once you get to the stage I am at in life, you wait until you are sure the strain is worth it before you cone it or reveg it after a cycle. I saw 50 seeds do 15 phenos of the same "strain". Then after the bud was out to try, 2 of those phenos ended up on a reveg so clones could roll. The clones 10 years later are guaranteed the same as their original plant.

One interesting thing is the stage a plant has after its budded. It goes from old fans to single blades again. This stage is critical because you can change the pheno at this stage with different lighting and different conditions. But plant a rooted clone outside to establish and the plant will return to its original pheno, as it grows huge.

Seeds can get 10 feet in 5 weeks. Clones take a bit longer than that, but once she is moving again, even a clone can go apeshit.

I do both for all the reasons in the link the General provided.

just a note on clones

I have now cloned from a clone four generations deep. The current budding and seeded plant is three times the plant of the original mother.

Back
Top Bottom