Seed Price Trend

michaelkaer

Half price seeds (and lower) will be the norm by next year or the year after. With so many new growers starting up every month, there will be a need for seeds untill the clones are up and running. More seed growers will spring up to meet demand and then it will be a glut of seeds and a glut of cannabis. That will permanently lower the price. Right this year I have been handed seeds for free. Same with last year. I am a legal cardholder in Canada so I can possess seeds legally(but the law does not stop anyone from buying seeds)(which goes back to the Case of Marc Emery and why his is sitting in a U.S. federal prison). I am looking forward to the time when Marc is once again free and we are free to use Cannabis ( I use it as medicine but I do not see a problem with recreation use of cannabis since is is ONLY addictive in a mental sense, the same way an over eater is addicted to food and it is NON-TOXIC). Oops; I feel a rant coming on so I will shut up while I am ahead.

here is an update on Marc. When he got out after 3 weeks in the hole he was ravenous and ate everything put in front of him. He is getting by but it was hard to be isolation.

With prices where they are today, I can still find people willing to give me cannabis for free. Let me explain. There is the bud that everyone knows and loves and a bit of the lieaves around the flower that is good enough for medicinal uses. There is a huge amount of leaf material that is too low a grade to be used as medicine, but ir still has medicinal uses. You can grind all that low level cannabis into powder then make butter out of it(or a tincture) and add the butter to your favourite foods. I make my own cannabis candies and toffee; recently I have been working on making fudge. It is not setting up as well as it should, but it is tasty( and strong enough to help my neuropathic pain). What does this have to do with the falling price of Cannabis?- everything! With more and more growers starting up EVERYDAY, there is going to be a lot of left over leaf matter that has to go somewhere. It can go in the compost to make more cannabis in the future or it can be used right now. Many people who grow, do not have the time to mess with the crappy low leaf stuff, so they usually toss it in garbage bags to deal with later. Well a large bag takes a while to grind down, but it works. Guys like me who know how to make candies (canndies? maybe a good name for my products!) and such will get busy when the main season is done, but the indoor folks have a constant(but smaller) matter stream that can also be used. Now ask yourself, if people are willing to just give me cannabis when the prices are high, what is going to happen when they fall? I am assuming I will get even more. Assuming it is legal soon, I can set myself up for a lifetime job of cooking with Cannabis. I would love for everyone to eat cannabis every day. Totally safe and fun! It all starts and ends with the grower. When the restrictions come off, when it is legal, there is going to be huge plantations of medical cannabis everywhere. If it is treated just like alcohol is here, there would be main stores like a LCBO to buy cases of wine or rum (a scale of grades of cannabis) at a wholesale cost and then it can be sold at cafes like a beer or a glass of wine is sold by the glass in a bar. Then we have the option to make our own home brew (beer or wine) which would be the same as a user growing their own supply and like home brew, you may gift a couple of bottles at holidays or birthdays, but instead of the bottles, it would be baggies( or baked goods!) {BAKED goods- that sounds like a nice shop name!}.

For these reasons and more, I say it is going to happen very soon, in some places months.

Amen to that, cannabis and catering go hand in hand. I'm gonna use weed in cooking for the first time when my caramelicious seeds grow, gonna make some caramelicious caramel brownies :yummy:

I am looking for a professional kitchen so I can shoot a DVD called "Cooking Cannabis with Medicinal Mike", but it is hard to find one that does not mind the smell. The other choice is a private kitchen to work in. The other thing that is stopping me is my grower just got the papers so I have to wait for my supply to come before I can film it. I have been working on some nice Cannabis spreads that are sweet. I need to work more on foods like hummus that has oil in it. Making an oil infusion can work unless the oil is going to be used to fry with. I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom