Seedbanks

I was advised of the policy a little while ago. Mentioning sponsors is great, and talking about it is fine.. but the Motion cannot be described.. here is the quote that was given to me... it makes sense (well about as much sense as MJ laws do... which is not much,, but it's the gov't we are talking about... lol

This is one of the craziest aspects of these crazy laws. I'll do my best to explain

It's ok for 420 Magazine to host a banner (billboard) for any company we choose to in return for a fee.

We aren't involved in the business decisions, practices or actions of any of these companies and don't take responsibility for what they may or may not do regarding following the law of their land.

We are a worldwide Magazine and it's not illegal to ship seeds in all worldwide locations. Most, though not all of our seed sponsors don't ship to the USA.

We have a grow disclaimer and privacy policy in the footer of each page that you may want to check out

All that said, it is a dilemma that in our area of interest, the topic of shipping is verboten. This is because importation, use of the mail etc. is a federal felony. This in part, is how they shut down Overgrow.com.

I can tell you that I've heard a bunch of anecdotal reports of seeds being found by customs and the practice was to confiscate and deliver the empty package with a note. Of course no one responds to the note and that was, in the cases I heard, the end of the issue. 420 Magazine doesn't/can't condone that anyone break the law, so please understand I'm only repeating what I've heard from a bunch of people about their own particular examples.

We just host this forum for people to discuss this wonderful plant, and the enable activists to help fight these unjust laws.

Another point, depending on your location, some dispensaries now sell seeds (i.e. Harborside in Oakland).

Just to be clear on the issue, it's ok to talk about the seeds, show your grow, name the strain, name the bank (no linking to non sponsors though), say how many you have or when you got them etc.

It's not ok to discuss the motion, careful of the verbs. Don't say shipped, sent, mailed, arrived, delivered, etc. These are the areas we watch very carefully as a moderation staff.

Better to Pm someone i have found if you are worried about seeds. Attitude seems like it is the way to go and money orders, just stating what I have learned so far :)

Back
Top Bottom