Seedling problems: Need help!

Joffy

420 Member
I can't find the diagnosis for this and I don't know what it is!

I watered it 5 days ago and the soil seems to still be wet. Is this caused by the soil not giving the seedling enough oxygen or what can it be?

Attachments

• IMG-1699.JPG
    IMG-1699.JPG
    662.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG-1700.JPG
    IMG-1700.JPG
    896.2 KB · Views: 54
I can't find the diagnosis for this and I don't know what it is!

I watered it 5 days ago and the soil seems to still be wet. Is this caused by the soil not giving the seedling enough oxygen or what can it be?
Most likely the issue is overwatering. Those young plants don't have enough roots to uptake water quickly, and they really don't like having "wet feet". In veg, you want the plant to go through wet/dry cycles (let the pots dry out pretty well) to make the roots search for the water. To help the pots dry evenly when the plants are that small, you can sprinkle some water in about a 1" diameter around the base of the plant.

Most likely the issue is overwatering. Those young plants don't have enough roots to uptake water quickly, and they really don't like having "wet feet". In veg, you want the plant to go through wet/dry cycles (let the pots dry out pretty well) to make the roots search for the water. To help the pots dry evenly when the plants are that small, you can sprinkle some water in about a 1" diameter around the base of the plant.
Thanks, I will think about this when growing in the future!

Back
Top Bottom