Shiny golden spots on leaves

TURBOKILLER

Hi.
I've noticed one of my plants has these shiny spots on a pair of leaves. I had the same problem with a seedling this season but have no idea what causes it. In addition to the spots, the seedling's leaves were also yellowish.
Initially the spots are shiny and somewhat golden (the color is not evident in the photos), eventually they turn brown and the leaf itself yellows and dies. Any ideas on what might be causing it?

Attachments

• IMG_2419.JPG
    IMG_2419.JPG
    453.1 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_2420.JPG
    IMG_2420.JPG
    468.5 KB · Views: 2,330
  • IMG_2421.JPG
    IMG_2421.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 886
UPDATE: here's the progression, today's pics

IMG_2427.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2423.JPG
    IMG_2423.JPG
    476.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2424.JPG
    IMG_2424.JPG
    386 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_2426.JPG
    IMG_2426.JPG
    462.3 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2428.JPG
    IMG_2428.JPG
    478.7 KB · Views: 219
If you’re growing in coco and pH is between 5.8-6.2, I’d say add some additional calmag and see if that resolves it on new growth. Damaged leaves won’t heal, but more CM should prevent additional signs.

If that’s soil, not my area expertise but maybe someone else will chime in.

To me it just looks like simple calmag deficiency which isn’t a big deal, so I’d recommend starting there before going super deep into analysis or panic.

Hi @TURBOKILLER ... sorry you didn't get lot of response on this. It does look like a magnesium deficiency to me, and as mentioned above, calmag+ is a very common fix for this problem. We can't see much from your pictures though and there could be causes for why this is happening that can be addressed if you tell us what sort of grow medium you are in and whether or not you adjust the pH of the fluids going in.

add some additional calmag
It does look like a magnesium deficiency to me

Thx. I'm growing in soil. Water PH is 6.2-6.4. Gave them a nice watering with added NPK amendment that also contains micro nutrients. Still waiting for calmag delivery.
The good news is it seems to have stopped spreading for now. New growth is very vigorous.
Should I remove affected leaves or just let them dry out and fall off on their own?

Thx. I'm growing in soil. Water PH is 6.2-6.4. Gave them a nice watering with added NPK amendment that also contains micro nutrients. Still waiting for calmag delivery.
The good news is it seems to have stopped spreading for now. New growth is very vigorous.
Should I remove affected leaves or just let them dry out and fall off on their own?
Yeah looks like she needs a dose of calmag to me too mate. Just leave them on, they won't die.

The only one the damaged leaves are bothering is you. Leave them on there and since this is where the plant is going to for the needed magnesium to supply the new growth, you now have the ability watch to see if you have indeed halted the progression of this problem once you apply the calmag. The damaged parts will never repair, but the rest of that leaf can remain healthy until the very end. If you remove this leaf and don't correct the problem, the plant will simply start taking what it needs from the next leaf in line. Removing the leaf will actually cause more damage to the plant than would have occurred if you had left it.

Leave them on there

Copy that.
Next watering/feeding is scheduled for the weekend. Will post an update in a week or so after applying calmag to see how they react.

Once again, thx a lot for everybody's input. Much appreciated.

PS: is it safe to apply calmag as foliar spray as an extra measure? Sorry for all the noob questions.

Hi. I know this post is a couple years old. @TURBOKILLER did ever fix this problem? I'm having the exact same spots on my lower leaves and I'm going around in circles not knowing what to do. Your post is the only one I found that is exactly what's happening to my plant. Hope you see this and reply :)

Back
Top Bottom