Seedling's White Widow AND Grape Ape Grow Journal -Nov2008

seedling

Hey guys I'm starting this journal a bit late since I only recently decided I was going to create one here, I do however have photos from very early when I started this all with the White Widow clone using nothing but the sunlight from my window:riskybusiness: and straight, nasty tapwater:shhh:

I got my White Widow clone from H.C.C. in Hollywood, pretty cool people and decent prices as far as I know(I paid $13 for my clone in a rockwool cube inside a small plastic cup) I didn't think to start taking pictures till a little bit later but I think it was only about a week.

I'll start off slow because I don't really know how to proceed with this due to me having to start all the way into it already.

What strain is it? White Widow. Grape Ape.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? WW - 60%ind/40%sat GA - no available info
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Both are in Veg Stage
If in Veg... For how long? WW - late July. GA - early Oct.
If in Flower stage... For how long? n/a
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Expert Gardener Perfect Mix All Purpose Potting Soil
If soil... What size pot? not sure, please see photos
Size of light? WW started with nothing but sun then transitioned to two 2 bulb 40watt fluorescent fixtures
Is it aircooled? oscillating fan
Temp of Room/cab? from 74 deg-90f
RH of Room/cab? RH? not sure what that is.
PH of media or res? I only have a liquid pH tester so I only test my nute solution once mixed
Any Pests ? YES, the bastards! White Flies, Gnats?(the stay in the soil then grow wings are black and sometimes come out of the soil for extended periods and march around the pot rim)
How often are you watering? Till today, was watering daily
Type and strength of ferts used? General Hydroponics Flora Nova One Part GROW Plant Food 7-4-10 | 1.25ml/L or 1tsp/gal *600ppm 1.3 EC mS

I shall begin by posting a few of the pics in chronological order:

While I was writing this I started to upload photos but realized I have a TON! Well over 100, so I'd like some feedback before I go crazy like I have just uploading them. Ill be here all night waiting:bongrip:
:peace:

hey seedling, pest problems huh....Safers End-All is a great product foliar spray just follow the directions. That will definately get rid of your pest issue. make sure you spray all the leaves(top & bottom), top layer of soil and rim of the pot....Good luck bro, I'll be watching and waiting for pics.

i'm looking forward to seeing your grow. i would recommend that you upload a few pics at a time, post those, and then go from there. it wouldn't seem so overwhelming. If you are having problems uploading here's the tutorial to help you.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Welcome to the 420 community! Good growin' :rollit:

hey seedling, pest problems huh....Safers End-All is a great product foliar spray just follow the directions. That will definately get rid of your pest issue. make sure you spray all the leaves(top & bottom), top layer of soil and rim of the pot....Good luck bro, I'll be watching and waiting for pics.

Haha! Alright you want pics, you get pics! Just be aware:

Disk space allowed on your account: Unlimited
Disk space used on your account: 25,579,720kb (25579720 bytes)
Disk space remaining for your account: Unlimited

Bwahahaha!:Rasta:

JK! Ill post a few at a time so it doesnt crash anyones browser from overload :smokin:

OK, I'm almost done uploading all the WW pics, I had to finish lol

Ill start posting them up maybe 6 at a time per post with dates

P.S. Thanks for the recommendation on the Pests! Would that be Organic? I did get some Zero Tolerance by Ed Rosenthal, but I haven't used it because I was worried I was burning my babies

i'm looking forward to seeing your grow. i would recommend that you upload a few pics at a time, post those, and then go from there. it wouldn't seem so overwhelming. If you are having problems uploading here's the tutorial to help you.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Welcome to the 420 community! Good growin' :rollit:
Haha, well I'm kinda doing a hundred things at once! Multitasking lol. I had music on all day, IMs with friends on messenger, checking myspace and updating that, looking through posts, so it didn't get too bad, but yeah, next time, little at a time definitely!

Thanks for the warm welcome! You guys rock:ganjamon:

No, it's definetly not organic lol. It's an insecticide.
Damn, I've been trying my hardest to keep it organic. I am actually waiting on some Organocide Insecticide and Fungicide my friend is supposed to pick up and bring me soon, it seems to do what I need, whiteflies, gnats.. BASTARDS!

:smokin:I used to not like bugs, but this makes me want to smash them all :)

lol dont get too frustrated...they can be controlled...you could even just get some sticky strips, its pretty inexpensive.

Yup! I did in fact get sticky yellow traps and they work great, but my pot was infested with the little bastards so they keep cycling, I got so frustrated I would sit there everyday stalking them with a twist tie I coated in that sticky stuff, just so I could catch them crawling around the pot or anywhere and stick them to the trap myself LOL

I just need them to die and not come back, also doesnt help I have a hole in my screen for my windows and I have to keep that open for fresh air to come in, so the cycle continues.. not as bad though, I used to have Widow next to the window, which is how she got that army of bugs in her soil :(

Totally appreciate the feedback! Keep it comin'!:smokin:

:peace:

What about Neem? I heard that's good but it's tricky to apply. Seedling let's see some pic's. :)
Yes, I have heard of Neem..and Einstein Oil.. which I think is the same?

I failed to mention I am fundless and without a job or income at the moment though, which makes this a bit of a waiting game and a struggle, but I have a couple friends looking out for me.. and of course.. you know.. "a friend with weed is a friend indeed" :rollit:

Someone posted earlier that using a piece of potato would attract them away. If you tried that and treated when the population was lower perhaps it'd make a difference? I am just guessing I don't have any practical exp. with those critters.

yeah, you're gonna have to keep buyin the strips until they're gone. It's the eggs that were laid and are being laid that will keep bring the lil bastards back....oh damn, I just remembered. Alcohol works too....pour a lil whisky in a cup, cover it with plastic wrap and poke a hole half the size of a penny. they'll fly in and get stuck then drown in the alcohol.

yeah, you're gonna have to keep buyin the strips until they're gone. It's the eggs that were laid and are being laid that will keep bring the lil bastards back....oh damn, I just remembered. Alcohol works too....pour a lil whisky in a cup, cover it with plastic wrap and poke a hole half the size of a penny. they'll fly in and get stuck then drown in the alcohol.

Excellent! I'll have to try that, would Isopropyl(Rubbing Alcohol) work too? I stopped drinking a while ago, but if need be Ill buy a small bottle just for that!:clap:

Thank you guys very much, photos will be on this page soon!

Someone posted earlier that using a piece of potato would attract them away. If you tried that and treated when the population was lower perhaps it'd make a difference? I am just guessing I don't have any practical exp. with those critters.

How would I do this? put a slice of potato where my plants are? Or do I put it somewhere away from them in the same room to get the bugs to go there?

Thanks again :ganjamon:

OH I missed this:

Strain - White Widow
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - Unsure
Lights - Two Lithonia Lighting - Workplate Diamond Plate(chrome) fixtures with 40w fluorescent bulbs-

GE 3400 Lumens@3000k Color Temp(2 bulbs)
Phillips 3200 Lumens@4100k Color Temp(2 bulbs)
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - example shows(75% Perlite 25% Vermiculite) I don't know though
PPM - ppm of what?
PH - 6.5 ... I think(using the liquid drop testing kit)
RH - What is RH?
Room Temperature -70 to 89
Solution Temperature -hmmm I haven't been checking this, I'll need a thermometer I guess
Room Square Footage - 2'x6'
Pests - White Flies, Gnats

Problem: damaged leaves, lack of leaves at the bottom of the plant(lack of light?), leaves start to turn black around the edges as they get old, about 8-10 nodes down I believe

Back
Top Bottom