Seeds For High CBD Low THC Cannabis In Canada

Hobby420

Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a seed bank in Canada that sells a strain that is 15/20:1 CBD to THC. I have been buying Cannatonic from Aurora but would rather grow my own.

Thanks
H420

Ideally you want to find a strain called ACDC or ACDC Cannatonic since it's a different pheno of that strain. Unfortunately I haven't seen seeds of this variety since the phenotype comes out while growing Cannatonic. You'd have to grow a number of seeds, identify the phenotype among what you get (assuming you get it) and then clone it to keep growing it. You'd ideally need like 20 regular seeds to do this to also weed out possible males. Not great for needing to get something with high CBD easily but it could be a starting point for you.

A lot of strains can have their CBD pumped up by letting the plant die and swell with red trichomes at which point the THC begins degrading.

Hey CdnJeepGirl,

I found something! It is called Candida (CD-1) and the seeds can be purchased from "Upper Canadian Seed Bank" and claims up to 20:1. I am going to order some... If you decide to do the same, keep in touch and we can compare notes on the grow and end product.

H420

How's the Grow growing with the "Candida CD-1"? I just planted mine last night and I can keep y'all updated if you like

Hey Sowperior,

I am just starting my grow too.... I will be two days behind you :) What type of setup do you have? I will be growing with organic nutrients in soil under 600 watt MH for veg and HPS for flower. Please keep me posted.

H420

Hey Sowperior,

I am just starting my grow too.... I will be two days behind you :) What type of setup do you have? I will be growing with organic nutrients in soil under 600 watt MH for veg and HPS for flower. Please keep me posted.

H420

Hey Hobby420,

Today is day #4 of seedling for my 1st Candida, and day #3 for my second. I have them both under a T5 high output fluorescent light from "EnviroGro". I'm going to be using the FloraSeries nutrients along with molasses and epsom salt. I'm using Pro-Mix CC from start to end. I pH my water at 6.0 currently. My veg room stays around 45%-55% humidity, and 84-90 temperature. I know those stats are not ideal but all my plants have been doing good and I guess the strains I've had like it like that. I don't have the money to change the room more than it is already. I'm not sure what light I have in the flower room, but I can check after the ladies wake up from the 12 off. I run the flower room as a sealed room pumping CO2 and got some pretty big buds from my last harvest. I'll update you weekly my friend so we can be in this together.
420-magazine-mobile1752354369.jpg

Hey CdnJeepGirl,

I found something! It is called Candida (CD-1) and the seeds can be purchased from "Upper Canadian Seed Bank" and claims up to 20:1. I am going to order some... If you decide to do the same, keep in touch and we can compare notes on the grow and end product.

H420

Hi there, is this Upper Canada Seed Bank ? If so whats your review on them? I'm looking at the Candida as well for a high CBD strain.

Hi there, is this Upper Canada Seed Bank ? If so whats your review on them? I'm looking at the Candida as well for a high CBD strain.

Hello Dymo2,

I bought my 2 Candida seeds from "GYO Seed bank" but I'm sure there are other seed banks that have Candida. 1 of my seeds made a tap root within 24 hours, and the second seed took 2 days but it eventually died. The 1st seed is what you see in my picture growing strong and healthy.

Hey, they were a little slow because they were out of stock but the gave me a couple of free seeds for the wait. The seed were very fresh! I put 5 seeds to germinate and all 5 popped and were out of the ground in 4 days. Other than the wait, everything was awesome!

H420

Hey hobby420 follow my Grow journal if you want to see how my Candida is doing, I'm trying to be details and informational for people growing the same strain as us

Hey all,

Here are my Candida babies! The 2 in the back are White Widow and the 3 in the front are the Candida. They are 13 days from germination.

IMG_20170827_162646.jpg

H420

Back
Top Bottom