Seeds from a hermi?

hydro-noob

If you get seeds from a hermi plant are they feminized?? I got these buds awihle ago with tons of seeds.....and everytime i've used one it's been female? Anyone know if there is anything to it?

I've always been told that they are no good. Don't waste your time. The seed banks use a stress technique on female plants to produce feminized seeds. It has nothing to do with hermies.

You couldn't be more incorrect Bonehead. Stress techniques, i.e. heat stress, light stress are what is used to create hermies, therefore stress techniques have everything to do with hermies.

All I was saying was not to use seeds from plants that are hermie

A true hermaphrodite plant does not require stress in order to produce both male and female flowers.

Then you have "true" female plants that will not produce a single male flower no matter how much you stress them.

Between these two extremes, you have an infinite number of points and plants with varying degrees of hermie behavior in response to stress.

Some require a lot of stress, and some require very little stress before they hermie.

Some growers believe that the only "true" females are the ones that will not hermie no matter how much they are stressed, and that these are the only females that should be used in breeding programs.

Many female plants, in many strains, can be stressed into producing a few male flowers and the pollen from those flowers will only produce female plants.

I don't consider a plant that produces rare male flowers when severely stressed a hermie, but some growers prefer to see this as more of a black and white issue.

It would be really interesting to know roughly what percentage of females would not hermie under any condition.

Back
Top Bottom