Seeds from female pollinated by hermie

skubes

Hey all, I did some research on the background of some seeds I obtained, and apparently one female of a particular strain hermied and wound up pollinating a female of another strain. I'm using the resulting seeds in my current grow. The hermie was an unintentional one and not chemically induced. Questions:
-Will genetics of this hybrid be 50/50?
- will resulting sex of plants be female?
-will these plants have more of a tendency to turn into hermies?
Thanks!!! :Namaste:

will try to answer some of it,, first,, for sure they seeds will be female,, no male anything entered the equation, as far as i read, exceptin you maybe,, so, female for sure,,

one of the plants might be more dominant than the other, so, genetics might not be an even fifty fifty, but should be represented by both plants,, my crosses seem to display traits of both parents

last one is a toughy,, seems that some strains tend to pass on hermie traits better than others, in my limited experience,, for instance,, i have planted an afghani reg seed from free herbie seeds,, and that one afghan reg hermied on me,, i saved the seeds from some, even collected some pollen and made seeds,, i pollinated two different plants,, one of the crosses hermies and the other does not,, go figure??

again, no facts, just observations,, cheers

Got it Nivek, and thanks for the response. Based on my research it seems that every plant has at least some potential of turning into a hermie. I look at it from a nature (genetic) vs. nurture (environment) type of perspective, but in this case its a combination of the two. If the plant has been stressed by some environmental factor that signals it to hermy , then that plant's journey is set and it will in fact turn into a hermy - some plants are predisposed more than others to do so due based on their specific genetic composition. I'm not sure it this is an accurate picture but it seems to make sense. Thoughts anyone??

Back
Top Bottom