When your female plant seeds

cement head

i dont really under stand hermies and hybreds and all that but female plants seeded last couple picked he said cause they grew to long but any way what does that make these seeds better chanse of being female and the female ones will they be as good also if idont keep amother and just keep cloning before the start of the budding does this degrade the pot or does stay the same

cement head said:
i dont really under stand hermies and hybreds and all that but female plants seeded last couple picked he said cause they grew to long but any way what does that make these seeds better chanse of being female and the female ones will they be as good also if idont keep amother and just keep cloning before the start of the budding does this degrade the pot or does stay the same

A hermie is a female plant that grew some balls (male flowers)... While 100% of the resulting seeds should be female, the resulting offspring will have a stronger tendency to go hermie as well. (some will, some won't, and most may go hermie if stressed)

It's a trait to be avoided if you want sensimilla (seedless and resinous) product.

While these hermi seeds are "feminized", they are very different from feminized seed from responsible breeders. An honest and responsible plant breeder will reverse the sex of stable female clones chemically to produce 100% frmale seeds. Stable female plants will not voluntarily grow male flowers (go hermie) no matter how badly stressed the plants are.

As to degrading potency, the hermie traits shouldn't have any effect. And if you like picking seeds, then go for it....

Hybrids are just mixing stable strains (or random mixes) for something different. Kind of like crossing a collie with a dalmation, what you get will be different from either of the parents. With some recognizable traits from each...

You can clone forever with no effect on potency. A clone is an exact genetic replica of the parent plant. Growing conditions (and grower skill) will still affect the potency of the clones as with any other plants.

:peace:

very well put!

cement head said:

Did that happen in your grow man? I'm worried about that in mine because of some stress. Not sure of strain or stability.

Back
Top Bottom