Seeds

dontinhale

420 Member
For some reason most of my plants are producing seeds. All the information I see tells me to eliminate the issues with the environment. I grow in tents. What are these issues?

Hmmm. Before these plants produce seeds, at least one of them has to produce pollen. Pollen comes from either a male or a hermaphrodite. There are a couple forms of hermaphrodite to look for. Either the usual male pods growing on a female plant, or what is known as nanners, which are a little bit harder to detect. Go over your plants and look for the pollen source.

Hermies are related to genetics. Plants with less stable genetics grow hermies more easily when stressed.

Common stresses include light leaks in flowering and extreme temps.

Some plants will hermie regardless of how you treat them. Where did you get your seeds from?

I have used clones of white widow and blueberry for years. I recently started using the seeds that my plants have been producing. They are big beautiful plants until they get pollinated. I guess these seeds could be considered hermie seeds.

I have used clones of white widow and blueberry for years. I recently started using the seeds that my plants have been producing. They are big beautiful plants until they get pollinated. I guess these seeds could be considered hermie seeds.

Using the seeds of a hermied plant is kind of a no-no

Using the seeds of a hermied plant is kind of a no-no
From what I have Gorilla Glue is the result of a hermaphrodite being pollinated or a hermaphrodite pollinating another plant. Now the warning is to watch out for pollen production if growing this strain.

Someone gave me 6 Girl Scout Cookies seeds. I figure that he got them because he joined in with someone else's order and no idea exactly where he got them. I planted 3 of them and ended up with 3 females. It is really hard to get clones to root but I keep trying with more success now getting clones cut from clones to root. Currently several clones taken from the original clones are in the vegetative area and the last of the original clones are flowering.

During the 4th week of the flowering cycle all 3 started showing male flowers on the bottom 3rd of the plant. They have to be cut off and then I check again about 5-7 days later and start snipping the boy parts again. Then all seems good till about the 8th week and a few more show up. The clones taken from the original plants have been snipped once and will be checked today or tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom