Should I take any precautions before making clones out of my plants?

Heisenbergo

Hello! First time grower here. We are about to switch our plants (Blueberry, Orange Hill Special and Euphoria) to the flowering phase on Saturday. My friend wants to make a clone out of each one of them and I'm a little bit concerned about that because I'm afraid it will stress the plants a lot (and I don't want any hermies).

Anyway, I'd like to know if I should apply anything to the place where I prune the girls at to help them heal (just like you apply something to the pruned branches to make them grow roots).

Should I be too worried? Thanks for the input guys :)

Everything will alright man, take your clones from the bottom of the plant where it won't turn into anything besides larf bud. Take a small branch with 2-3 nodes, cut the branch at a 45 degree angle near the fourth node, and immediately place it in 5.8ph water (cut area submerged in water), you don't want the cutting taken up air in the stem, so as soon as it's cut and 45'd, put in 5.8ph water, preferably RO/Distilled.

once that's done, you can put the cuttings/clones in rockwool, rapid rooters etc. :peace:

Might want to take more than one clone/cutting from each strain just in case it fails etc...

I use to do cuttings/clones from lower branches all the time when i first started out but take more than needed as some 25 % will be poor or fail to root & select the strongest once rooted for growing on.

Mmm i really don't think ya have a hermie problem tho :thumb:

A few I took off the bottom,suckers.the smallest was only 1 1/2 in and it blew past the rest.
IMG_20150527_193014.jpg
IMG_20150613_184457.jpg

Back
Top Bottom