Should I top my trees?

Newguyhere

I don't usually prune my plants because I feel as if the leaves soak in the light which is food for the plant so the more the better right? plus my buddy has been talking about him topping his plants which I don't do to mine either, any educated opinions about this?

No one has answered because there is no 'right' answer. It really depends on your available grow height (max height you can safely grow to), your available canopy space (plant density) and how your strain reacts to being topped. Some plants create two strong terminal shoots (twin colas), some bush out everywhere.

You could try a limited test if you have enough same size plants. Try topping 2 or 3 rather than messing with your whole crop. Then YOU can determine if it's right for you.

:thumb::peace:

I agree with heirloom, If you are new to this then you will need to experiment with them to see what works for u. I do top mine at least 2 times before they bud.And I cut off some of the leaves when they are providing too much shade on the rest of the plant. I think it produces more bud
petes_pic_009.JPG
petes_pic_004.JPG

Good luck Hope this helped

Pruning and topping and such human intervention is basic agricultural practice. It definitely has its place -just more tools in the toolbox. I used to think any removal of leaves was dumb- now I pretty much hack and slash, twist and bend and mangle the plants as I see fit. It's pretty much what happens in nature anyway. They're tough plants so you won't lose much by experimenting in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom