Should it have more room?

Arandombeast

420 Member
I have researched the hell out of this, and wanted to get it right the first time because my space is so very limited in a small two room apartment. I've been reading that a properly tented plant should have about a 2ft by 2ft floor space unless employing the sea of green method. I grew three plants in case one ran into complications, but am now thinking of letting another go so the bigger bushier plant can thrive. While it would be a shame to waste what seems to be a solid plant, my options are quite limited. Tips? This is my first grow, I balance the ph in all my waterings, I maintain a steady temp and humidity of ~80 degrees and 40%, and increase the temperature by five degrees at night for the increased number of nodes. I can't afford more room after dystonia messed with my career, so I'm really trying not to waste these four months.

Edit: Mostly use imgur but will upload my pictures in a moment while I sort this out.

I have researched the hell out of this, and wanted to get it right the first time because my space is so very limited in a small two room apartment. I've been reading that a properly tented plant should have about a 2ft by 2ft floor space unless employing the sea of green method. I grew three plants in case one ran into complications, but am now thinking of letting another go so the bigger bushier plant can thrive. Tips? This is my first grow, I balance the ph in all my waterings, I maintain a steady temp and humidity of ~80 degrees and 40%, and increase the temperature by five degrees at night for the increased number of nodes. I can't afford more room after dystonia messed with my career, so I'm really trying not to waste these four months.

First, welcome to our little village :welcome:

The space for a plant is more about ventilation than anything. The leaves can't b pressed flat against the walls or mold will set up on the leaves. Good air movement is the key. Trimming and training can also be employed if needed.

The humidity of a cannabis plant should be set according to where in the grow cycle you are. I'll add a picture at the bottom.

Temps should go down when the lights are off. This replicates nature. Temperatures usually drop when the sun goes down. They should range from 68-80 degF. They can go as low as 60 and as high as 84, but lower can stunt growth and higher plants do not like unless supplemented with CO2.

As for what do about the number of plants, that you will need to decide. You can either try to train the existing plant you have (unless too big), or cull the less healthy, which can be hard to decide.

Starting a grow journal in "journals in progress" and posting pictures will help us, help you.

Don't by shy......we don't bite......much.

Take a cutting of the one you're considering culling. Wait for it to root before killing the mother plant; it might turn out to be the best one in there. While you're at it, might as well take a cut from the other two as well, that way you'll be sure to have a copy of whichever one you end up liking the best. You can keep the things small in 18-ounce Solo cups, under a couple(+/-) small CFL lights or the like. In other words, you can keep all three in one square foot with minimal lighting/etc. if need be. Or set them on top of the medicine cabinet and illuminate them via the light fixture on top of it (assuming there is one), lol. They'll stay in stasis, more or less, until you find out whether you want to grow one or more again. At that point, give it a larger container and more light, and it will soon grow enough to take a few cuttings from.

Back
Top Bottom