Simple way to raise your humidity level in your tent

Zephyrs

OK I usually, as everyone has had problems with high humidity during flowering. During the cold winter I never have to worry about it as the outdoor air is very low in humidity.

BUT during the low humid winters we have. When I start new seedlings there humidity from the get-go is very low. So as I'm watching my lil Bubblegum and Runtz Muffin in there first week of sprout. There rh is hovering around 37%. So I decided to try a kinda radical strategy to raise my RH! I have a 8 inch fan running 20hrs a day. So I thought why not spray finely misted water on my fan blades?? Well I did and my humidity rose from 37 to 45 in a matter of 10 minutes. They seem more green and rapidly growing since I did that yesterday!!

Why did it take me all these years to Figure this out??? LOL :bong::ganjamon:

Before fan misting
20230223_150605.jpg

7 minutes later
20230223_150933.jpg

Interesting fix, but I’m not sure spraying water on electrical equipment is too safe. Something a little more electrically safe, try getting a 2-5 gallon bucket of water and a real good air stone and aquarium air pump, blow the fan over the bubbling water. Refill the bucket as necessary. This works better in smaller tents.

Interesting fix, but I’m not sure spraying water on electrical equipment is too safe. Something a little more electrically safe, try getting a 2-5 gallon bucket of water and a real good air stone and aquarium air pump, blow the fan over the bubbling water. Refill the bucket as necessary. This works better in smaller tents.
Thanks for the input Phyto! Yes after my first few spritz of water on the blades I also immediately thought that " hay this might be a Dumb idea if the electric motor gets wet"

So that's why I say it's kinda a radical idea. But I have common sense nuff to realize that. Just a fine water mist through the fan guards. And not on the electric motor. Thanks for the Good advice there @Phytoplankton

Thanks for the Wise heads up on safety there @Phytoplankton!! :):passitleft: As your Advice is Always Solid!!

OK I usually, as everyone has had problems with high humidity during flowering. During the cold winter I never have to worry about it as the outdoor air is very low in humidity.

BUT during the low humid winters we have. When I start new seedlings there humidity from the get-go is very low. So as I'm watching my lil Bubblegum and Runtz Muffin in there first week of sprout. There rh is hovering around 37%. So I decided to try a kinda radical strategy to raise my RH! I have a 8 inch fan running 20hrs a day. So I thought why not spray finely misted water on my fan blades?? Well I did and my humidity rose from 37 to 45 in a matter of 10 minutes. They seem more green and rapidly growing since I did that yesterday!!

Why did it take me all these years to Figure this out??? LOL :bong::ganjamon:

Before fan misting
20230223_150605.jpg

7 minutes later
20230223_150933.jpg
They actually make humidifiers now a days.

Thanks for the input Phyto! Yes after my first few spritz of water on the blades I also immediately thought that " hay this might be a Dumb idea if the electric motor gets wet"

So that's why I say it's kinda a radical idea. But I have common sense nuff to realize that. Just a fine water mist through the fan guards. And not on the electric motor. Thanks for the Good advice there @Phytoplankton

Thanks for the Wise heads up on safety there @Phytoplankton!! :):passitleft: As your Advice is Always Solid!!
I recommend reading @Bill284 thread on fire 🔥 safety, Imho I think every indoor grower should read. CL🍀

I recommend reading @Bill284 thread on fire 🔥 safety, Imho I think every indoor grower should read. CL🍀
I have read @Bill284 thread on fire safety shortly after I joined this Fine @420 community! But like I say, it's a Radical idea. People with less to No common sense should NOT attempt it... I myself Had too, my humidity for my 2 babies was way to low. So yeah, it risky only if you're stupid bout it.. Heck I blew 3 separate batches of Butane Honey Oil over the last month myself. And I didn't blow myself or house up. So I think my head is still screwed on mostly properly! :Rasta:

Tell you the truth, I’ve grown plenty of seedlings in low humidity (30-40%} and cooler temps (70-75) with no ill effects. Much lower than that and some supplemental rh is needed. The towel method works pretty well too. Hang in there until humidity help arrives.
I working on starting these 2 seedlings as healthy as possible! Because these plants are going to be my clone Mama's for summer and fall. So they need a healthy Vegative period.. Hopefully that's not TMI.

Back
Top Bottom