Make Your Own Boveda Humidor Bag With Silica Gel Beads

Or, maybe if you know others that want to use Grove bags, you can split up the cost and buy in bulk. Like going to COSTCO and splitting bulk buys with family and friends (Q: who needs 50lbs of rice, A: but the price was right and everyone loves to get quality items at a reduced cost). LOL!
believe you can buy singles - look at their ' "mixed Packs" oreder a few 1/2 lb bag - 1/4lb before that ofered a few small bags - word of advice order a size bigger than you need (ordered a few 1/2 and 1/4 oz bags they were realy too small --

I was also thinking of other ways to use silica gel. I thought that it may be useful to help extract moisture from cannabis for those that use the "low and slow" refrigerator technique for drying cannabis. If a tray of silica gel beads enclosed in tea bags or coffee filters was placed in the refrigerator with the cannabis it may help extract the initial moisture surge, be less stressful for the refrigerator regarding moisture control, help shorten the time for required drying and help achieve the final "target" RH for the drying cannabis. The silica gel trays would have to be changed out regularly and reactivated but this technique may aid those using the refrigerator drying "low and slow" technique.
So my question is when I get ready to put my bud in a jar to cure it what percentage of bodiva pack should I use? 58% ?

So my question is when I get ready to put my bud in a jar to cure it what percentage of bodiva pack should I use? 58% ?
62% for long term storage, 58% might be better if you want to dip into the jar occasionally without letting nugs dry out a bit. I used 72% once and just overfilled the jars but wouldn't recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom