Smokin' Ace's Blue Cheese Indoor Soil- '10

Smokin Ace

Hello everyone and welcome! :yahoo:

This is my first journal and want to say input is always welcome.

This isn't my first grow, but it is my first grow with multiple plants, excluding my hydro apprenticeship. Let's get started, shall we?

What strain is it? Blue Cheese x5
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? The girls were 2 1/2 - 3 week clones, and i have had them in veg for 2 1/2 weeks
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Black Gold Coco Mix
If soil... What size pot? 4-5 gal
Size of light? 3ft, 6 bulb T5 for veg, and 1000w HPS for flower
Is it aircooled? Flower room has A/C
Temp of Room/cab? 70-75
RH of Room/cab? i dunno
PH of media or res? i dunno
Any Pests ? Better not be.
How often are you watering? bout every 30 - 35 hours
Type and strength of ferts used? House and Garden line minus the Algae crap; also using Thrive Alive B-1 Green for transplanting and foliar feeding, Botanicare Sweet Citrus to regular regimen, and will use Snow Storm Ultra in flower when the time comes.

The veg room is about 2'x3'x6'h and flower room is 5'x6'x8'h. I actually have two 1000w lights but I don't think it'll be worth using it in such small area. Also two blowers, (not sure on specs, because I bought them used.) which have 4" intakes, and am hoping, as well, to only need one. The girls will be placed in a 3x3 flood tray in flower, on floor.

Time to load up the bong and crank up the song. :bigtoke:

I just got my camera so hopefully by tonight I will have some pics up.

I topped 4 of them about 4 days ago, and transplanted from 1 liter pots, to 5 gal buckets. Then I foliar fed the next morning. I didn't top one cause it was a bit short and I'll put in the center of the tray with the topped one in the corners. That should keep it from getting too dense while filling in the blank spots.

Ok here we go.

My veg area
Veg_room_sm.jpg

5 Blue Cheeses
Blue_Cheese_-_5_Sisters_sm.jpg

The non-topped one
BC_2b_sm.jpg

Front left one
BC_1b_sm.jpg

3' 6 bulb T5
3ft_T5_sm.jpg

Is this just nute burn? I hope so. Its a little brown inside the yellow parts.
Prob_on_5a_sm.jpg

Same leaf, but the same thing is also on 3 or 4 other leaves, all older fan leaves.
Prob_on_5b_sm.jpg

:hippy:

Getting big, need to move them, but need my electrician to get his ass over here.

Tied them down a little last night.

bc_3_post-pre-tie_sm.jpg

bc_4_post-pre-tie_sm.jpg

bc_5_post-pre-tie_sm_b.jpg

bc_5_post-pre-tie_sm.jpg

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

Problems...
Sick_plant.jpg

sick_leaf_a.jpg

sick_leaf_b.jpg

What could it be? Any help is appreciated.

Soil ph is round 6.7 an i feed/water at 6.5. day temp 75-80*f humidity 45%-55%. In the dark temp 65*-70 with humidity round 60-70%. Have 400w HPS on it right now raised about 2'.
Its mainly one plant and its is completely gone light green, and a bit on another and a little on one other. the other two seem fine.
Oh yeah, and I took clones and the day after was when it got real bad.

I'm thinkin lack of Mg, but I'm not very sure at all. What you guys think?

The pics you posted on 3-28 definitely look like Mg deficiency. With the new pics I'm not sure. Are these of the same sets of leaves? From what I've heard growing in poorly buffered coco can cause issues having to do with something called "cation exchange capacity". I found several forums with detailed info on this but they were from different sites and posting them here is probably a no no. A google search of cation exchange coco should get you pointed in the right direction. From what I've read the suggested fix is to flush you plants well and add a CalMag supplement to your feeding schedule. I had a similar problem with my grow but I grow in pro-mix, check it out if you get a sec.

Hope this helps...

Also get in touch with someone from grow support. They like to help.

Awesome, thanks Closet, I actually picked up a bottle of CalMag today at the store but talked myself out of buying it. Damnit... lol its ok i cant feed till tomorrow anyways.

Cut those peat cups or whatever kind they are and take them out of the dirt. They restrict root growth by creating a barrier that is hard for the root to penetrate.

Cut those peat cups or whatever kind they are and take them out of the dirt. They restrict root growth by creating a barrier that is hard for the root to penetrate.

Thanks for advice OilField, but I dont know if that is possible, i can see the roots coming out the bottom of the big pots for some time now, wont they be too entwined? the grow shop guy said it would be fine, but he could be full o' crap. i figured it would cut down on transplant shock, which it did 100%.

Just cut the sides and go a little sideways when you get close to the bottom and pull the pieces out. Leave the bottom of the cup in there. I only have experience growing outdoors back in the early 80's and the peat cups back then may have been different than the ones today but back then I had trouble and stunted plant growth because the roots had to use more energy pushing through the sides of the cups, mostly at the upper portion of the cup.

Back
Top Bottom