Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Strain Name: Snowcap

When: Jan 2011

Grade: B+

Type: Hybrid

Price: Free Sample (sells for $160/oz)

Looks: Dense sage green nugs with pale orange hairs.

Smell: Spicy-sweet and slightly fruity.

Taste: Kind of a fruity-pine flavor to the smoke.

Buzz Type: Uplifting and very cerebral.

Buzz Length: Medium — took about 1.5+ hours before I came down.

Best Medicinal Use: Depression/Mood Improvement and creativity

Overall: A nice sativa dominant hybrid, Snowcap provided a great upbeat cerebral buzz. A good option for a morning that is starting off wrong, as you will improve your mood and while spacy, enjoy a variety of thought provoking activities. I smoked some one evening I was frustrated with house guests and spent the next couple hours bouncing from one partially finished project to another. Ended up smoking a second joint a bit too late in the evening, and needed a long ride to clear my head and relax me a bit.

SnowCap_3a.jpg

SnowCap_2.jpg

SnowCap_1a.jpg

SnowCap_4a.jpg

Snowcap is a sativa strain that will get you up and going. This is one unique smelling strain, it has a ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg kinda hint to it, it's just makes me want to smell it over and over. Smoke tasted nice and was impressibly smooth. Dark green leaves and lots of orange hairs on it.

I LOVE snowcap! Amazing day-time smoke. A friend of mine found a seed out of a bag of Snowcap... Oh boy! That sucker got taller than me in 12/12 from seed! I think it was about 6' tall! Great smooth taste. Haven't seen this stuff in about a year or so though.

Great review cyclist! :)

Is that the same Snowcap that was used to make Reserva Privada's Snowcap Romulan? That one seemed to help my headaches - and to allow me to function through them - but is discontinued, AfaIK.

Not sure, TS...this was just sample given to me for review/evaluation...I never met the grower, nor do I have any background info. :sorry:

I'll agree I love snowcap and actually have a few in the garden right now and boy let me tell you,huge tall plants with tasty frosty huge colas and nugs!!!! I heard it was a clone only strain now and that's how I received it, and originates from the NW!! I love this strain for back pain and being creative playing music!!

160 an oz? Your dreaming where did you find that?

I posted the date obtained and which collective provided the sample and pricing. Unfortunately, Shasta County and the City of Redding has REALLY cracked down in the past few months, resulting in most of the local collectives closing their doors. There are still several dispensaries open in Redding - one I know has $5 grams available (works out to $140 per oz).

Pricing and quality varies depending on location and time of the year (I reside 1 county east of the famed "Emerald Triangle" - and there are almost too many growers around, resulting in plentiful/cheap Cannabis...especially in late fall/harvest time).

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom