Snowskate's Recipe Book

jandre2k3 said:
Just wondering how your tweaks of the recipe turned out, and if you had a revised recipe?

Sadly haven't been able to remake them yet.... I have a bunch of recipes I need to type up but I gotta wait till harvest time to try the recipes. They are amazing with out mmj so I'm sure they will be good with... Classical French cooking with mmj... I think fall all be learning more baking :)

Sadly haven't been able to remake them yet.... I have a bunch of recipes I need to type up but I gotta wait till harvest time to try the recipes. They are amazing with out mmj so I'm sure they will be good with... Classical French cooking with mmj... I think fall all be learning more baking :)

Well, if you bet the chance, I'd like to take a look at your Canna-butter recipe. Butter and cannabis trim amounts vary slightly from person-to-person, and water can fluctuate greatly, so I'm just interested seeing in your amounts.

jandre2k3 said:
Well, if you bet the chance, I'd like to take a look at your Canna-butter recipe. Butter and cannabis trim amounts vary slightly from person-to-person, and water can fluctuate greatly, so I'm just interested seeing in your amounts.

I put about 20+ grams of small popcorn buds per half cup of veggie oil. On very low... For anywhere between 4 to 8hours. I've been seeing a lot that it does not require that long.

I'm gonna do dry ice hash extract and just that instead of buds.

There's a simple fix, actually. Add 1/4 cup of flour in this recipe (which is not listed in ingredient list) and it becomes a bit stiffer to hold the chips in place. To offset the liquid difference, increase to 375drgrees for 30-35min or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean... it is easier to dry the bread so it needs to be checked earlier, but the chips stay put.
Buttered/non stick sprayed parchment paper will solve this problem also, was cooked a bit to hot turning down the temp and letting it cook a touch longer will keep the top from breaking. Also like anything you need to allow the food to rest before attempting to remove it. I give my pastry chef the same speech almost on a weekly basis. Young chefs....will they ever learn? Any ways thx for the recipes. I cant wait to try some of that bread :thanks:

Buttered/non stick sprayed parchment paper will solve this problem also, was cooked a bit to hot turning down the temp and letting it cook a touch longer will keep the top from breaking. Also like anything you need to allow the food to rest before attempting to remove it. I give my pastry chef the same speech almost on a weekly basis. Young chefs....will they ever learn? Any ways thx for the recipes. I cant wait to try some of that bread :thanks:
Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not coming down on you. I am simply making my case fully so as not to drag this out in several posts over a few days. I mean you no ill, friend, and I know your advice was well intended.

UUuuummmm... I was talking about the chocolate chips settling to the bottom of the pan, not making it hard to turn out. As a pastry chef, myself, I know that letting any bread/cake/quickbread rest will make it less likely to crumble. Parchment even further increases the likelihood of a perfect turnout. Neither resting the cooked bread, nor parchment will solve the problem to which I was giving a solution.

If you read inside the step by step pictures, you will see this:
SDC10143.JPG

This one is cooled and came out mostly clean.<snip>
So resting it further would do nothing for the turn out. It was due to the sugars in the chocolate settling to the bottom and becoming a sticky mess that caused the turnout failure. While parchment would have kept the bread intact, the actual problem would not have been solved.

Furthermore, the fact that it crumbled was not even in my reply you quoted which was in response to the following:
Ok so the problem I ran into was the chocolate chips went mostly the bottom. So to fix this I would take half and mix it in a first then after the first 5 min of baking I would add the second half of the chips. <snip>

Now, while it is true that young chefs make simple mistakes, I am neither young, nor a new pastry chef. I only point this out because you don't know me from "Adam". My advice was clear and concise and was then discussed a little afterward... Even in your quote of my first statement, I clearly defines the problem and it's solution that we were talking about... "...it becomes a bit stiffer to hold the chips in place." and, "...but the chips stay put."

Also, if you look at the crust of the finished bread which contains cinnamon, and a very high amount of sugars, while it looks a little dark to most people, this bread is the epitome of perfection as far as temp and time.
Reducing the heat and cooking a bread for longer makes for a harder bread, as you pointed out, and would possibly have made a better turn, but it wouldn't have been as moist and shiny when cooled as this one is. Sweetbreads, to the lay person, look too dark as opposed to say a biscuit or a risen bread. That is only because the sugars in the bread have darkened, and most people do not take this into account when looking at sweetbreads. If one was to remove this bread when it is golden brown, it would result in a goopy mess of uncooked batter, inside a half-baked (lol) canna cake and a completely wasted product. Therefore lowering the temperature and lengthening the baking time, while a good suggestion, does not apply to this scenario.

Again, I mean you no ill will, and I sincerely hope that you are not offended by this response.

:peace:

My "young pastry chef"comment was about my pastry chef (he's kind of a douche, like most pastry chefs)..lol take things to serious much? I could type a 3 page rebuttal but arguing over pointless things over the internet is like clapping with one hand.

Have fun and please don't think i was being critical of your recipe, I was trying to give a some simple advice from what pics were shown.

Thanks for sharing these! I'm making a batch of butter tomorrow and I think I'm going to use part of it to make your muffins. They sound really good.

Thanks for sharing these! I'm making a batch of butter tomorrow and I think I'm going to use part of it to make your muffins. They sound really good.

Could you post your recipe for making the butter. Seems to me the butter is the prime ingredient in most recipes. I saw 1 video on you tube but I'd like to know how the 'experts' here make it.
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom