So, i found this bulb - help

wildmanweed

i was cleaning out my room and found a blue light bulb that was used for an iguana i used to have. the inside has a long strait glass tube with like 8 small wires coming out of it in diffrent spots. does anyone know what kind of bulb this is? and i THINK it was one that is supposed to imitate the sun for the reptile, so shouldnt that be good for plants to? im running 6 small cfls for a single small plant and wanna know if that would be worth adding?
would it be better then a small 1600luman cfl? the blue bulb is about 4 inch long. idk the watts or anything

Re: so, i found this bulb--help

i only have 6 sockets so i would have to get rid of a small cfl for that bulb.. if anyone knows what it is

ok after looking up more light pictures online, it looks like an HPS with a blue glass bulb... its not very big just screws in a regular light socket, should i get rid of 1 1600 cfl for the one hps, i will have 5 other cfls for the plant still.

I'd assume its a heat lamp if it was for a reptile, considering reptiles are cold-blooded and having them as a pet requires a heat lamp. A heat lamp is going to be virtually useless for growing with. I'd just stick with the CFL's for now.

Back
Top Bottom