So should my plant be doing this?

Leeham

He guys, so I brought 3 x #1 skunk feminised seeds from sensi seeds, and the 2 that I've germinates (saving one for later) are both doing strange things.

One has grown a some of branches with 3 fan leaves coming out of the nodes instead of 2.
420-magazine-mobile808915674.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1827077050.jpg

And other one has a few staggered fan leaves like I'd expect to see on a clone
420-magazine-mobile1195518182.jpg

Now this is my first grow, but from what the internet told me; seeds should grow pretty regularly.

I can't imagine it's gunna do bad things for my yield, I just wanna know, is this normal behaviour, or have I got some funky seeds?

Cheers in advance, Lee.

Ps sorry for bad photos, but they're under me scrog ATM and it's hard taking better ones :)

I'm still pretty new to the whole growing thing, but first off, those plants look super healthy. You don't really have anything to stress about.

Most plants will grow two sets of fan leaves but some, especially after topping/fimming, can grow three. It's a little odd but really not that strange. Plenty of plants do it.

As for the staggered leaves from what I've read nodes that are equi-distant are immature plants, whereas those plants that shoot out nodes that are staggered and not equal are mature. So don't stress bro, your ladies (or maybe gents) are just turning into adults. Their voices may crack. They'll soon develop 'hair down there'. But soon your ladies will be getting married and having kids of their own.

Seriously there are many people (me included) that would wish they had their first grows as healthy looking as yours.

The 3 leaves on a node is a fairly common quirk with plants and won't get you 50% more bud. They tend to look quite normal later so it's nothing to worry about.

You don't mention how old the plants are but staggered nodes generally start from 4 - 6 weeks showing sexual maturity.

Feminized seeds are often inbred so odds are higher something can go a little off. I have no idea if that is good or bad as I run regulars.

Good luck!

Cheers for the replies guys. My levels of confusion have dropped :)

They are both about 6 weeks old, so the staggering of the leaves makes sense now. I didn't expect to get any more bud, it's just not what I expected lol.

To night mask, I'm an interior landscaper by trade (fancy way of saying I look after expensive potted plants for a living lol), so I sort of expected to do alright, but thank you :) but they haven't always looked so good, this is them like a week ago.
420-magazine-mobile928601857.jpg

Stupid British weather and a cupboard grow makes for 35degrees, even with CFL's haha.
Give em some water and shove some (10 litres lol) ice in the tent and they bounced back, weed's pretty resilient compared to some of the stuff I've killed in my time haha
420-magazine-mobile621072505.jpg
420-magazine-mobile232589892.jpg

This is them today, pretty happy so far. I raccoon I should flip em soon, in like a week when the top right and bottom left have drilled in a bit more. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom