SOG Grow In Coco

Welcome Black Cloud
Holy Sh*% 5 times I'm getting ready to flip and I don't think I can feed that often. How big are your pots ? Do you check your run off EC ?
More power to ya. I'll have to look up your journal

3 gallon. Whenever they didn't have runoff I added another feeding. I just do a little at a time though. Probably wasting a bunch of nutrients but if it yields higher it will be worth it

i will be setting up an auto watering system so i don't have to water by hand anymore.

can't wait to see these ladies take off in flower. interested to see their stretch. until i get a bigger veg light, i will be doing at least 8 weeks of veg before i flip. hopefully the blue dream don't get too big lol. i do have rom in flower tent to add more if need be. i will be along for the whole ride on this grow. they look so happy.

3 gallon. Whenever they didn't have runoff I added another feeding. I just do a little at a time though. Probably wasting a bunch of nutrients but if it yields higher it will be worth it

No I don't think so. I checked out your journal and I am impressed. I would like more details like at what intervals do you water how much run off you have, is it drain to waste? the yields look really good. What kind of weight are you getting ? How long is the total time from seed to harvest?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

No I don't think so. I checked out your journal and I am impressed. I would like more details like at what intervals do you water how much run off you have, is it drain to waste? the yields look really good. What kind of weight are you getting ? How long is the total time from seed to harvest?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. I am very impressed with your setup too. I feed twice at night and three times with the lights on. About 5 hours in between for exactly 1 minute with a 291 gpm pump. It is drain to waste. I have it running off into a shallow tub. You lose some grow room height but I use a trellis to make up for it. The light can only go so far down anyway before it is useless. My first successful grow was I think 8 oz, then 11 oz and so far this grow is looking better but there are so many factors involved. I am still learning so I change it up and try to improve every time. From seed to harvest has been 13 weeks. Happy to help. On my first grow I got a lot of really good advice that I am finally sticking to

Thanks. I am very impressed with your setup too. I feed twice at night and three times with the lights on. About 5 hours in between for exactly 1 minute with a 291 gpm pump. It is drain to waste. I have it running off into a shallow tub. You lose some grow room height but I use a trellis to make up for it. The light can only go so far down anyway before it is useless. My first successful grow was I think 10 oz, then 16 oz and so far this grow is looking better but there are so many factors involved. I am still learning so I change it up and try to improve every time. From seed to harvest has been 13 weeks. Happy to help. On my first grow I got a lot of really good advice that I am finally sticking to

Thanks for the reply I've gotten a lot of advice from different sources as this is my first grow in coco. I have built a drip irrigation system before when I was growing in soil and I still have all of the parts left over so most of what I need to do is put it back together. The big thing will be getting the flows right if I'm reading you right. Hey Thanks again!

Sorry, I had to edit that last post like three times after checking my facts lol. Half of the reason I do these journals is because I can't remember anything. I go back to my first one all the time. They are priceless

Don't feel bad I'm the same way I go back all the time and review my XL spreadsheet all the time and I take lots of pictures at 67 yrs old my memory isn't what it use to be lol.
Just thinkin out loud here but I'm gonna need more nutes . Oh well it's does cost less per liter when you oder 5 liters at a time .

Hi everyone today is flip to 12/12 day here's some pictures at 6 weeks in veg

IMG_3145_copy.jpg
IMG_3144_copy.jpg
IMG_3143_copy.jpg
IMG_3142_copy.jpg
IMG_3141_copy.jpg
IMG_3140_copy.jpg
IMG_3139_copy.jpg
IMG_3138_copy.jpg
IMG_313715.JPG
IMG_313617.JPG
IMG_313521.JPG
IMG_313417.JPG
IMG_313315.JPG
IMG_313216.JPG
IMG_313120.JPG
IMG_3130_copy.jpg
IMG_3129_copy.jpg
IMG_312822.JPG
IMG_312723.JPG

Flip day!! Whoop. Looking great in here. Happy plants :). I just ordered some OG Kush seeds amongst others. Looking forward to how it turns out!
Thanks for stoppin by Budz
OG Kush is one of my favorites I think you're gonna like it. I got regular seeds from Humbolt seeds.

they look so happy. how tall you think most of them are at switch? do you plan on using netting or anything like that?
Hi Insanity thanks for stoppin in the tallest is about 3 feet but most are about 2 to 2 1/2 feet tall. I don't do much with them I will defoliate some. This being my first grow in coco I'm not sure how much stretch I'll get I do have 8 foot ceilings tho so I hope the don't go crazy tall.

I really like your light bar. How did you put that together? Your garden looks really good too.! :circle-of-love: It looks like you are running some COB's and mixing them with the LED's.

Hi Lady Vadalon thanks and welcome to my grow the lights are Vero 29 50 watt cobs there are two spectrums 4000K and 3500K they pretty much cove the blue and red spectrums needed for plant growth and the leds are some that I had before building the COB aray the frame was built from 1" aluminium the drivers are meanwell 320's in total there are 1280 watts of light

Awesome setup! And your plants look great! I was wondering if you only do 1 transplant before you put them in 5 gal buckets? And is it all coco in your buckets? Or do you have clay rock or something else to fill the void ?

Hey SShan thanks. I like to do just one transplant I start in small enough containers to help control watering. Larger pots in the begining are harder to water correctly IMO. This grow is straight coco some growers put clay balls in the bottom to help with being root bound.

Back
Top Bottom