Soil - 300W Mars LED - Sweet Fast Bud #2 Auto Fem

Whassup Oful33?
Pics please of your previous run if u like.
I'll step back and watch then my good man.
It would appear you are quite comfortable with the mix.
I was just wondering if the soil might be a little hot for seedlings.
I'm making an ssumption of course that your soil may be a tad hot.

All good and growing :cheesygrinsmiley:
I wouldn't be able to find them, and my previous one was quite a disaster :rollingeyes:

You mean the verve flushed one? It looks pretty good at the moment, I'm not using bat mix yet. I'll use bat mix with varve and perlite later on, but I heard that bat mix is very hot, not sure should I go 40bat/40varve/20perlite or more like 70varve/20bat/10perlite. I am quite confident for now, but Im not a very experienced grower, had couple growths, never had an auto so not quite sure what am I doing, just hoping for the best :loopy:

I think it's about the time I'll give an small update. :Namaste:

Day 5 of Vegging

Couple days ago fan arrived, it's now installed and blowing air to a cup, slightly to a lady as well.

I have forgot to mention, I have named her. She is Elizabete :circle-of-love:

She has scretched on the second day after hitting the ground, however I moved her closer to light afterwards and she stopped. I was quite surprised when I got back home and she was soo tall :hmmmm:

I'll get termometer soon, I dont like not being able to control temperature and not knowing what it is.

Any ideas or tips are appreciated as always

My tent with fan

IMG_146433.JPG

Full body shot

IMG_145932.JPG

Facecam

IMG_146226.JPG

Happy growing :Namaste:

Upcoming week is gonna be quite busy and I don't want her to grow too much roots in this pot, so I decided to transplant her.

Day 6 of Vegging - Transplanting.

She hasn't really changed, it's just one day since my last update. However I decided Ill give an update as I transplated her. She looks pretty happy in her new pot :slide:

I decided to change my mix a little bit than what I have told in my original post, I went for 30% Bat Mix, 10% Perlite and 60% Verve. I have put all the bat mix on bottom so she would reach it once she's slightly bigger as that one is quite hot. :blunt:

IMG_149823.JPG

IMG_149733.JPG

IMG_149928.JPG

IMG_150124.JPG

IMG_150235.JPG

IMG_150323.JPG

:Namaste:

I am currently on my very first grow, and I also have a 300W LED on my plant. Been there since day 1 and while I'm a newbie myself, my plant is beautifully green and growing like crazy. I'm on day 6 now. Just some input :)
On my second "successful" grow, I've learned tons from the great folks here. Feel free to check out my journals, and welcome to 420!

YT

I bet she will love the airpot! Good job! :thumb: :Namaste:

Thank for support Tomula, you're charming as always :high-five:

On my second "successful" grow, I've learned tons from the great folks here. Feel free to check out my journals, and welcome to 420!

YT

Hey yankeetoker, thanks for passing by. I love watching ladies grow, regardless if they are mine or not. :thumb:

So I was wondering, how can I help you get your temperature down, right? The light is the main source of the heat in the room so you can either make some DIY cardboard-duct tape solo air circuit for your light or get a bigger exhaust fan with control and muffle it with cardboard box and foam. How handy are you and what is the price range I can think of something for you and even make simple drawings. I had this idea before for my light but I wasn't needed as I got better exhaust. Cheers! :cheer:

So I was wondering, how can I help you get your temperature down, right? The light is the main source of the heat in the room so you can either make some DIY cardboard-duct tape solo air circuit for your light or get a bigger exhaust fan with control and muffle it with cardboard box and foam. How handy are you and what is the price range I can think of something for you and even make simple drawings. I had this idea before for my light but I wasn't needed as I got better exhaust. Cheers! :cheer:

Thanks for trying to help! I am not really handy but I could try something for the ladies :cheesygrinsmiley: Obviously bigger exhaust is not a solution as this would be disposed of and it costed a little bit, also I'm trying to keep noise as less as possible, it's already too loud and bigger exhaust - more noise. What do you mean by DIY cardboard-duct tape solo air circuit? Make a air circuit from light fan towards exhaust? With cardboard? Is that safe? I don't really wanna spend a lot, not now as my termometer haven't arrived yet and Im not quite sure if it's actually too hot or am I being too paranoid :laughtwo: I guess up to 20 pounds for more temperature control would be nice. Dont bother with drawings, unless you really want to. But not yet, not untill I actually get to measure temperature inside the tent. As for now, crafying what you mean by DIY cardboard-duct tape solo air circuit and is that safe would be appreciated :Namaste:

By the way, should one 4" carbon filter be enough for one growth, and in general, how often should I change that to avoid smell?

Thanks for trying to help! I am not really handy but I could try something for the ladies :cheesygrinsmiley: Obviously bigger exhaust is not a solution as this would be disposed of and it costed a little bit, also I'm trying to keep noise as less as possible, it's already too loud and bigger exhaust - more noise. What do you mean by DIY cardboard-duct tape solo air circuit? Make a air circuit from light fan towards exhaust? With cardboard? Is that safe? I don't really wanna spend a lot, not now as my termometer haven't arrived yet and Im not quite sure if it's actually too hot or am I being too paranoid :laughtwo: I guess up to 20 pounds for more temperature control would be nice. Dont bother with drawings, unless you really want to. But not yet, not untill I actually get to measure temperature inside the tent. As for now, crafying what you mean by DIY cardboard-duct tape solo air circuit and is that safe would be appreciated :Namaste:

By the way, should one 4" carbon filter be enough for one growth, and in general, how often should I change that to avoid smell?

I did put the light in the box it came in in order to send the heat upwards, but I wanted to make an intake for the light that would suck in colder air from outside in order to prohibit the light from re-heating the already heated air. That's the general idea that could be perfected by modifying the light's case, but that's something you surely do not want. And as for the redirecting the heat upwards from the light you can do that with cardboard as the light gets to temperatures of 60°C and that's well under burning point of cellulose which is 350°C. Both of those things can reduce the temperatures at the canopy level. As for the carbon filter, that should last between 12-24 months depending on usage and carbon used. Most industrial filters use ctc70 carbon that can be replaced. Hope it helps. Cheers!

I did put the light in the box it came in in order to send the heat upwards, but I wanted to make an intake for the light that would suck in colder air from outside in order to prohibit the light from re-heating the already heated air. That's the general idea that could be perfected by modifying the light's case, but that's something you surely do not want. And as for the redirecting the heat upwards from the light you can do that with cardboard as the light gets to temperatures of 60°C and that's well under burning point of cellulose which is 350°C. Both of those things can reduce the temperatures at the canopy level. As for the carbon filter, that should last between 12-24 months depending on usage and carbon used. Most industrial filters use ctc70 carbon that can be replaced. Hope it helps. Cheers!

Thanks a lot! I can already see a friendship developing here :cheesygrinsmiley: I think I saw this in one of your journals. Ill be sure to check it out again once I measure temperature. I'll leave it as it is for now, however I might ask for some help later on, hope you dont mind.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks a lot! I can already see a friendship developing here :cheesygrinsmiley: I think I saw this in one of your journals. Ill be sure to check it out again once I measure temperature. I'll leave it as it is for now, however I might ask for some help later on, hope you dont mind.

I do not mind at all. It helped me some, like a few degrees. It also depends a lot on ambient temperature.

My temperatures are at 30celcius and it does worry me quite a lot, is there any way to decrease them? I tried the box method, I'm not sure if it actually helped, perhaps by 1 degree or so, might be due to my tent being so small. Is there some sort of small coolers that could help?

4-In-1 LCD Digital Moisture Sunlight Soil Meter PH Tester Detector Plant Garden | eBay

This one.

I mean.. it should do the job, I guess it's just broken or very bad. Any idea of a proper pen I could use? Not aiming to pay a lot to be honest.

There should be option to calibrate the meter with 7.0 PH liquid. As for the cooling, that's the tricky one. The easiest way is to increase airflow through the tent. As for the noise factor there are two things that make noise: The air hitting the blades of the fan and the air flowing alone but that comes with greater air speeds. If you have small and fast fan with flow of XX it makes more noise than bigger slower fan with the same XX of flow as the blades are more gentle with the air.

This is my point.

The added bonus is the ability to increase the flow if needed and bigger pressure. Then you can take a reservoir of water, portable fridge, copper tube and a pump and make this contraption:

How To Turn Your Fan Into An Airconditioner AC - YouTube

It is not very effective one but working. Or you can modify the light in a way where you make side holes bigger on the sides in line with the aluminium fins on the LEDs make some kind of reduction to ducting, seal rest off and make another separate air circuit with the use of cardboard as reduction from rectangular to round hole. Put the filter as high as possible to extract the most of the heat. That's all that comes to my mind right now. 30°C is not that bad though and if the temps drop during the night the plant should be ok. But I'm not an expert grower. Hope it helped some and happy growing! :thumb: :love: :Namaste:

Thanks for tips! I guess bigger fan it is than, cant really make any more cardboar tricks as my lamp is already up to the very top of the tent, I cant reach anything there. Dont really feel like modifying the lamp aswell, and that fan looks too fancy and complex and non stealth :cheesygrinsmiley: I'll get another termometer aswell as I feel kinda cold in the room but tent is 30 celcius. Cant calibrate that thing also, atleast no idea how.

Back
Top Bottom