Soil help

tommyb88

so im planning my next grow and iv worked it out im going need roughly 200L of growing medium,, i usually use bio bizz all mix but iv only ever needed 50 litres and i dont really want to pay out £60 on soil for next grow as want to keep costs down, so can using biobizz instead of cheaper soils make that whole lot of difference on yields etc...

Is john innes any good, i was going buy this and add my own perlite for half the cost of bio bizz, can any1 tell me if its any good and what is a good ratio of soil and perlite mix, and maybe any other mixes i could do,

iv seen other soils/composts on homebase website, if you search soil on their site there is loads of results, they even do a farm yard manure for top soil and using farm animal shit cant be a bad thing????

i really dont no to be honest , just want a good soil mix to use with biobizz nutrients, any thoughts and opinions

I'm merely a beginner myself, but I'm under the impression Canna Terra is the default go-to brand for 420.
When it comes to this, then I'm told generally what you save in soil, nutrients, lighting, whatever, is very much off from your yield. You can keep costs down but you'd (probably) be better off growing a few less plants with proper circumstances.

canna terra is brand name so think its about same price as bio bizz,

You can keep costs down but you'd (probably) be better off growing a few less plants with proper circumstances.
but im sure about 8 plants in cheaper soil grown the same way as about 4 plants in dearer soil is going to yield more. (under same conditions)

Well Biobizz All mix is organic & more likely paying for a qualitie product of a brand name plus import costs as its not made in the country hence the price.

John Innes compost thats not exactly a brand name so to speak as John Innes was research type of fellow in horticulture... many people use his own blend of compost in their own products now.

Normally a peat based compost with a soil loam mix with additional chemical nutrients added & PH buffered between PH 6 & 7.

If you wish to add perlite, a mix between 10% to 30% should be fine... horticultural grit is a cheaper alternative tho & can be sourced from wyevale garden centres iirc not sure about DIY stores tho.

I don't think their will be a great deal of difference tho between composts & final yield...

Farmyard manure is safe too use, which one of best yields came from a grow which include farmyard manure :thumb: as manure decomposes heat is generated which kills of any harmful pathogens only use well rotted manures & composts tho...

Plus manure has been used for thousands of years since mankind first started agriculture, i'm not going to argue with a few thousand years of its usage :high-five:

Other suggestions are using smaller pots & recycling compost to keep costs lower...

Here's the old journal which used manure...

Blue Mystic - Fuzzy Organic Style Plus Chicken Poop & The Rest Of The Farm Yard

decided im going go with homebase farmyard manure, il give it a whirl as its got exellent reviews only thing tho is i can only find info on using it to improve other soils and not if it can be used on its own?????

Farmyard manure is a soil improver or an ammendment add 20% to 30% to your regular compost used & contains low NPK ratio with trace micro nutrients.

Don't use it on its own tho.

Back
Top Bottom