Blue Mystic - Fuzzy Organic Style Plus Chicken Poop & The Rest Of The Farm Yard

Fuzzy Duck

Nirvana - Blue Mystic indica dominate strain - flowering time 7 to 9 weeks.

009571.JPG

Lights 400w growlux 15% blue 85% red spectrum stuck in a euro reflector.

day_28_from_seed_006.JPG

Er i'll keep veg basic's to the basic's so to speak... pretty boring stuff vegging :peace:

Clones/cuttings rooted in jiffy pellets & clonex - rooted with in the 10 to 14 day alloted time frame.

Rooted clones transplanted to 1 litre pot in seedling compost & feed 1/2 strength Biobizz fish mix once a week for 14 days intill pots where filled out with a suitable root system.

4 weeks later...

Transplanted to a 2 litre pot 50/50 biobizz all mix & farm yard manure was used for home mix soil growing medium for vegging for another 2 weeks, nutrients used biobizz fish mix & bio heaven with mild LST - low stress training commencing.

6 weeks later... a slightly changed vegging period & repotting scheme to enhance plant growth i hope ?

Home mix soil 50% biobizz all mix, 50% farm yard manure, 20g of bat guano, 25g of chicken pellet manure, this should in theory give me slow release nutrients for a peroid of up to 8 weeks ! covering essential NPK nutrients in early to mid flowering...

Plants are repotted 2 weeks before being placed into flowering tent so that benifical microbes 'n' what not can get to work on the slow release nutrients prior to flowering phase so that all is aviable or becoming aviable for the final crunch.

The girls after repotting.

001951.JPG

Biobizz all mix Ph 6.6 pretty stable stuff & reliable includes worm casts :thumb:

005817.JPG

Farm yard manure aka organic matter as known in the gardening trade low NPK value with some trace micro nutrients, considored slow release nutrients over time ! also helps to retain moisture with in soil mix.

004848.JPG

Chicken manure pellets another semi fast to slow release fertilizer has a decompistion rate of up to 6 weeks slow releasing nutrients N 4, P 2.5, K 2.5 this should cover early to mid flowering.

007674.JPG

006703.JPG

Bat guano totally loaded up with P - phosphuros very good for root developement & other macro/micro nutrients has a life span of slow release nutrients up to 8 weeks.

002975.JPG

Not totally organic mind you but you get the gist of the idea & slightly on par with high brix method except i mix all essential ingredients in the soil mix than brew my own tea which i don't have space for unfortunaly...

I do have intentions to support the grow with addittional biobizz nutrients such as bio heaven, top max, bloom & fish mix but at reduced rate of application, i'll see how this unfolds as it grows.

Re: Blue Mystic - Fuzzy Organic Style plus Chicken Poop & the rest of the farm yard..

What up FD!!! I am in on this one!!! Chicken manure I keep reading is the path to success with crops !!! awesome bud!

Re: Blue Mystic - Fuzzy Organic Style plus Chicken Poop & the rest of the farm yard..

What up FD!!! I am in on this one!!! Chicken manure I keep reading is the path to success with crops !!! awesome bud!

Thanks for popping in & saying hello Icemud :high-five:

Slight change of soil tactics this time around for greater benifit & plant health just old school vegetable style growing really with the well rotted dung/chicken manure etc should be interesting to see how they perform.

In hind sight i should of tested soil Ph with my soil probe in case of altering PH value of the biobizz all mix ! prior to planting silly me :peace:

My soil PH/moisture meter but you get the idea of it basic 'n' simple, which can be purchased from any decent garden centre/diy store etc
001952.JPG

Soil Ph is sitting around PH 6.8 with present home mix :thumb: i do suspect a slight change for a couple of weeks intill bacteria, friendly microbes take effect & do their thing the organic way of naturally balancing PH value out over time.

All looking good so far :love:

P.s it did peak just a cats whisker shy below PH 7 when freshly watered from tap water (hard water) / no nutrients included after repotting 2 days ago & may drop more in PH value as the moisture/water evapourates over time intill microbes kick in.

Well its been 6 days since the repot into the new improved soil mix, as suspected with any repotting their was a tiny amount of transplant shock this only resulted in a few days worth of no real growth intill the roots got hold of new soil mix & started doing what they do best... making my girls big 'n' strong.

This has encouraged on average a couple of inchs of new growth in the last few days :love:

001954.JPG

002978.JPG

About the extent of my LST training in veg, using a pipe cleanesr to bend the main stem over to get the light down to the lower branchs.

003919.JPG

Final training commence's before entering the flower room, this normally is a form of lollipopping by removing small branchs which would not perform well in flowering & any pop corn fluff branchs in the process this allows more off the good stuff to reach the main stronger branchs i wish to bud to allow for better results which i intend for a small bush style grow also allowing for greater air movement around canopy as to prevent powdery mildew attacks etc

More pipe cleaners will be used to help bend branchs about to allow for greater light penertration into canopy to enhance photosynthesis & stuff etc etc at a later date.

I checked the PH today after the first watering in 6 days with a mild nutrient solution applyed of 1ml of fish mix & 1ml of bio heaven to 1 litre of water each 6 litre airpot recieved on average 500ml/1/2 litre of water.

Ph measured PH 6.9 which was taken 30 minutes after watering which you can just about see on new pic.

005820.JPG

I've checked PH regular every day & with new soil mix has remain stable at aprox PH 6.8 to 6.9 over the last several days.

Sneak preview of an undocumented blue mystic grow - 8 weeks of flowering - biobizz all mix & nutrients.

006705.JPG

Some of the branchs are slightly bent over due to weight of the bud... twiddles thumbs

Hey Fuzzy, that blue mystic s got sum nice nug s on her!:thumb: Like what youve done.. Are you using solely the HPS for veg and flower? Im using my MH atm, but have my HPS sitting there lookin at me, so im wondering which i should go with, keep MH during Veg or Hps all thru.. My girls just startin to kick into gear after a slow take off, and i wanna give her most suitable lighting for max. growth without supercropping or such.. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Fuzzy, your girls are beautiful :adore:

Thanks for popping in & saying hello.

Its been hard work to get the girls on form for final results, i did suffer with a major nitrogen defeciency some 1 to 2 weeks into flowering which took a few weeks to getting in order... which i think may be a strain defeciency problem once put into flower ? i've only seen one other grow of regular seed blue mystic which suffered similar problems at this stage of flowering tho.

Hence an improved soil mix for next attempt of it :thumb:

Are you using solely the HPS for veg and flower? Im using my MH atm, but have my HPS sitting there lookin at me, so im wondering which i should go with, keep MH during Veg or Hps all thru..

Hello Smokemum8 & cheers for paying ol fuzzy a visit :thanks:

I did miss out one final bit of detail in my vegging phase...

I use 125w blue spectrum 6400k gaint CFL, E40 bayonet fitting for vegging/clones/seeds etc which i find covers an area of 60cm by 60cm in my reflector quite easy & plants appear to be happy with suitable growth results over a 8 to 10 week period. Which i find cheaper on eletricity when compared to using a MH 250w in same area with out the heat issue's & possible extra equipment required assoicated with running of MH e.g ballest/inline fans etc

001811.JPG

002847.JPG

My present flowering bulb the grolux sylvania 400w was choosen for extra bit of blue spectrum 15% which i use purely for flowering cycle... the added blue helps in flowering to support extra growth aiding in shorter internode lengths when compared to the straight foward hps which stretch is often assoicated with in early flowering.

MH for veg - blue spectrum creates shorter more dence plants with less distance between internode lengths.

HPS for flowering - peaks in red/orange spectrum known to cause stretch, long leggy plants with greater internode length.

Hope that helps :green_heart:

Fuzzy, your thread and knowledge is invaluable to those of us new to looking at growing. I will be referring to your threads regularly as a teaching guide! :nicethread:

I'm not entirely sure I am going to be able to come up with such an exotic mix for my girls now you have convinced me to go for soil, but it's great to see the love your girls are tended with.

Fuzzy, your thread and knowledge is invaluable to those of us new to looking at growing. I will be referring to your threads regularly as a teaching guide! :nicethread:

I'm not entirely sure I am going to be able to come up with such an exotic mix for my girls now you have convinced me to go for soil, but it's great to see the love your girls are tended with.

I was in the same place as your self Fluffy, several months ago :Namaste:

Being a gardener by trade for manys years now, its was reasonable easy to understand the basics & requirements for growing MMJ, the hardest part was reading through the massive amount of junk relating to the topic of MJ & coming up with hard facts & knowledge !

You still have to be discerning about the information received tho, i often cross reference data from as many sources as possible to get an answer to which i believe is correct/truthfully :thumb:

I still question some areas of the topic myself, but i know that each strain is slightly differnet from ther last one grown & that to understand one strain of MJ may take a few grows to learn its growth habits & nutrient requirements :peace:

I do the same Fuzzy Duck and that's great to see that you check the sources of info and cross reference it before deeming it good advice... I agree that there is tons of very good valid info on here, but sometimes the info is conflicting or questionable, and its good to know that your like me and check all the info before sharing it :) You always have really solid advice bro!!! great job on your journal so far!

Aye cheers for your support Icemud & its always good karma to know that there are like minded individuals out their who express the same interests :thumb:

One day after the 9th week, this includes 2 weeks worth of flush with my organic grow & a good 48 hours of total darkness to get those sticky lil trichomes loaded up with the good stuff before harvest time :cheer:

For those that don't know, light degrades THC its always best to keep your bud in a dark place to keep it pukka & that before harvest the girls should be kept in total darkness for 24 to 72 hours to improve THC content :thumb:

After a little trim 'n' sticky fingers :love: the girls are up for a bit of drying/curing, i'm currently using the flowering tent for the job as the little old card board box which has served me faithfully is a tad small for the job... i expect this may take some where between 7 to 14 days for the drying & curing a bit longer which i'm still developing & finding suitable knowledge to improve over all effect.

001961.JPG

This will give me a couple of extra weeks of veg time whilst the flowering tent is occupied before i can continue my perpetual grow... or intill i get a bigger card board box :peace:

Fuzzys observations of the Blue Mystic strain...

Clones/cuttings pretty well, prefering to scrap lightly the skin of the stem before dipping into clonex to help encourage roots with pretty much 100% success ratio, please bear in mind some clones/cuttings are stronger than others & the best plants should be selected for future use - ya get an eye for a strong plant...

Clones/cuttings taking root & early veg, only noticed a very minor Ca -calcium defeciency this may be a clone/cutting thing tho, i can not comment on this strain grown from seed as i adopted this strain from a cutting from a growing compain which i have named Fluffy Nug the Lord of the Pop Corn. In past past experience plants grown from seeds are much stronger plants than clones/cuttings with some strains being more temperimental/difficult to clone depending on techinque used !

Veg - I've found to be pretty easy but only found a mild problem with to much nitrogen & dark green leafs, keep nutrient solution/ feed to the low side or bare mininum, a good qualitie micro nutrient solution/feed is essential tho to keep plants in good health as the standard grow 'n' bloom nutrients just don't cut the ice in micro nutrients in most circumstance's.

Flowering only noticed a nitrogen defeciency in early phase which started to show in the first few weeks of cycle & only seen this in one other journal of same strain, this may be strain defeciency problem in this phase of growth for blue mystic for regular/feminized seeds/plants tho & can not comment on the auto flowering strain !
It took me a good few weeks to get this defeciency under control & resulted in the above average application of nutrients when compared to nutrient solution grow guide - which we should all really take as general guide line, bearing in mind every strain has different requirements !

Bud developement - 4th to 6th week really saw a lot progress with a large majority of girth packing on her bootie, after 6th week the buds started to become more dence to the point of mild branch bending due to mass of bud in its later phase of flowering around the 8th week.

These where harvested at the 9th week with aprox 60% amber/orange pistil ratio with a around 50% cloundy 'n' 50% clear trichome developement the pic's of the girls above are from an undocumented journal grown in biobizz all mix plus biobizz nutrients.

I have slightly amended my soil mix for this journal to counter any defeciencys i may suspect in early to mid flowering of this strain, i shall see how this unfolds as it grows... :thumb:

Great grow, going to be watching the organic method. That Blue Mystic is amazing :bravo:

Many thanks for dropping in & saying hello JBC420 :thumb:

The Blue Mystic & I have a bit of growing relationship going on, it could be :love:

My soil PH/moisture meter but you get the idea of it basic 'n' simple, which can be purchased from any decent garden centre/diy store etc

Thank you Fuzzy...just reading your journal is great help! I am so excited about watching your pretty girls grow.

Thank you Fuzzy...just reading your journal is great help! I am so excited about watching your pretty girls grow.

It was a pleasure to be of some assistance Fluffy :peace:

Thanks for popping in & saying hello.

Its been hard work to get the girls on form for final results, i did suffer with a major nitrogen defeciency some 1 to 2 weeks into flowering which took a few weeks to getting in order... which i think may be a strain defeciency problem once put into flower ? i've only seen one other grow of regular seed blue mystic which suffered similar problems at this stage of flowering tho.

Hence an improved soil mix for next attempt of it :thumb:

Hello Smokemum8 & cheers for paying ol fuzzy a visit :thanks:

I did miss out one final bit of detail in my vegging phase...

I use 125w blue spectrum 6400k gaint CFL, E40 bayonet fitting for vegging/clones/seeds etc which i find covers an area of 60cm by 60cm in my reflector quite easy & plants appear to be happy with suitable growth results over a 8 to 10 week period. Which i find cheaper on eletricity when compared to using a MH 250w in same area with out the heat issue's & possible extra equipment required assoicated with running of MH e.g ballest/inline fans etc

001811.JPG

002847.JPG

My present flowering bulb the grolux sylvania 400w was choosen for extra bit of blue spectrum 15% which i use purely for flowering cycle... the added blue helps in flowering to support extra growth aiding in shorter internode lengths when compared to the straight foward hps which stretch is often assoicated with in early flowering.

MH for veg - blue spectrum creates shorter more dence plants with less distance between internode lengths.

HPS for flowering - peaks in red/orange spectrum known to cause stretch, long leggy plants with greater internode length.

Hope that helps :green_heart:

No worries glad to be part of the team!:thumb: Ok sweet, thank s for that.. I was about to buy a duel spectrum 600w hps, i thought well that sounds like what im basically doing, using a MH and a HPS, not same time tho. But imy reasoning was - duznt the sum give both spectrums?? Then that globe should be a better choice than one of each? I m keen to buy a CFL light kit as theyre cheap as chips.. Thank u for that mate. Take it EZ. Good luk and Happy Harvesting;):welcome:

Back
Top Bottom